New Zealand Influencers and Public Figures #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lol Marnie talking about how she practices 'radical responsibility' and that she takes "full responsibility for my own feelings" , yet she's quite happy to refer to her child as "holding adults to ransom" (which, frankly, is absolutely NOT taking radical responsibility for this).

Also smh her being like "no one cares about what their parents write about them" and also 'this would spark conversations about how grateful i am for all we've been through with him'

I feel like Marnie is missing the bleeping point. It's not about it being "offensive" to talk about your struggles. It's about BLAMING your child for their neurodivergent brains, talking like your child has ruined your life by being themselves because you're having to reimagine your future... you can talk about your struggles while taking ownership for your tit and also not acting like your child is 'terrorizing' you.

I also notice that the majority of 'nice' things she has to say about Mack are still all about HER.

Attachments

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
Anyone got the guess on LFYDs new business that has an app?

maybe teaching fishing for free stuff for your million dollar + build ?!?? Or where to get a good margarita from? Water safety and pool fencing ?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Lol Marnie talking about how she practices 'radical responsibility' and that she takes "full responsibility for my own feelings" , yet she's quite happy to refer to her child as "holding adults to ransom" (which, frankly, is absolutely NOT taking radical responsibility for this).

Also smh her being like "no one cares about what their parents write about them" and also 'this would spark conversations about how grateful i am for all we've been through with him'

I feel like Marnie is missing the bleeping point. It's not about it being "offensive" to talk about your struggles. It's about BLAMING your child for their neurodivergent brains, talking like your child has ruined your life by being themselves because you're having to reimagine your future... you can talk about your struggles while taking ownership for your tit and also not acting like your child is 'terrorizing' you.

I also notice that the majority of 'nice' things she has to say about Mack are still all about HER.
This. This. This.
Please create a burner account and send this to her.

Reactions: 12
OMG she has too! I read the comments. There was a whole exchange. Now she's saying she didn't comment because she didn't feel it was her place to insert herself into a conversation about infertility?

Except ... you did 😂

And she's sharing Tattle posts again. Out the gate. Danni, why don't you take your own advice and unfollow? This conversation is about you, not for you. Like how bitching about mummy bloggers or the prevalence of pro-having-kids attitudes in society is for childfree people, not parents. You recommend to parents all the time that they disengage and unfollow your content because it's not for them. Same deal. You do not have to manually look up a website to read the opinions of people you don't know or care about. You know it's unhealthy, whatevs ... work on that tomorrow?

But if you are still reading, this is it in a nutshell! It's not the patriarchy making us feel this way. We're triggered by rudeness, whatever gender it comes from.

I mean, you literally used the word "spiteful" to describe your own content. Come on.
Preach!

i feel this. i’m kind of like, cool you don’t want kids. what ya gonna do with your life instead? since your money and time is all yours like you always bang on about, and i don’t think the influencer career is really taking off for you (literally begs for engagement), maybe you should do something phenomenal instead. i have kids, i follow 2 childfree by choice accounts - ones a single female lawyer who does AMAZING things for disadvantaged youth, & the other are a couple who travel the world, they’ve driven across x amount of countries etc etc. it’s actually cool to watch them! they're "out there doing it". they also rarely talk about childfree unless asked. DD on the other hand - egotistical, boring, jealous little twit with nothing going for her. also BET she will have a kid.

yes same. her whinging about it and how it wasn’t her fault at all was still ludicrous tho. i am interested to know who’s responsibility it actually is to tell WINZ when your child turns 3, i know i rang them and told them for mine.
I agree, what would be cool is if DD actually used her CF angle to do something tangible. I understand she has created a FB page for other CF people to talk etc and she seems to get positive comments about it, but maybe she could take it a step further. If it is in fact her 'whole personality then do something with it, expand her horizons, look into a fresh angle she can take on it. Right now she just rents a house in Sumner and pats her cats and talks to her phone.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Marnie using colonialism to explain away her ableism 🥴

Does anyone know if Marnie has ever talked about the fact she consumed alcohol daily whilst pregnant with Mac and what effect that's had on him? I know she publicly shared her drinking at the time.
I was hoping someone might ask her about it, I’m not ready to be blocked yet haha

Preach!

I agree, what would be cool is if DD actually used her CF angle to do something tangible. I understand she has created a FB page for other CF people to talk etc and she seems to get positive comments about it, but maybe she could take it a step further. If it is in fact her 'whole personality then do something with it, expand her horizons, look into a fresh angle she can take on it. Right now she just rents a house in Sumner and pats her cats and talks to her phone.
I don’t follow DD, but for someone who is childfree, she sure spends a LOT of time talking about children! Wtf.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10

Marnie - aka ME ME ME ME ME

Reactions: 8
What's BJ trying to say. She charges by the hour for cake delivery/installs, and it's expensive because she doesn't have a lot of time in the day to do things because she's so busy?
I was confused by this too. Is she trying to make the bride feel bad that she had to drive so far away to drop off the cake? It kinda comes across that way... plus I'd be PISSED if photos of my wedding set up were plastered on socials before I'd even had my wedding 😳

Reactions: 17
I turned off after a while but her comment about being ‘forced’ into the topic (regarding Ellie’s post) please! No one forced you and the fact you didn’t acknowledge it was because of Ellie’s post is rude. You decided to jump on the bad wagon and post numerous stories. I stopped listening after that so no idea what else she said

Reactions: 7
What's BJ trying to say. She charges by the hour for cake delivery/installs, and it's expensive because she doesn't have a lot of time in the day to do things because she's so busy?
This was such a weird/confusing thing to say 🤔….but better that she’s out being delivery witch than at the bakery actually making the food! Leave that to the ones who know what they’re doing! 😂😂
Also could she be any further up Edna’s arse?! Babe. She doesn’t like you or your terrible cakes!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
….. so basically you’re a mum. Right? That’s all part of being a mum. Every mom in the world is doing that. You’re a fuxking mum.
I’ve never seen someone so addicted to being a victim as her. In every situation, at every turn, with every opportunity she will put herself into a victim position and paint whatever that normal situation is as a big, big deal that is hurting and affecting her.

YOU’RE a bleeping MOTHER, grow the he’ll up and meet some real life people to talk tit to and GET OFF THE INTERNET
Stuff Renee says is equally bad at constantly being the victim

Reactions: 7
I was confused by this too. Is she trying to make the bride feel bad that she had to drive so far away to drop off the cake? It kinda comes across that way... plus I'd be PISSED if photos of my wedding set up were plastered on socials before I'd even had my wedding 😳
Omg I always say this! She’s ALWAYS posting the cake/venue before the couple!! 🤬🤬

Reactions: 9
Kateileen has wedding pics up, is there a weird filter on them?

or something I’ve missed? They’re not the best showcase for the photographer

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Omg I always say this! She’s ALWAYS posting the cake/venue before the couple!! 🤬🤬
She’s a shocker for that, it’s so unprofessional. I know camera and bakers who work way harder than her and never share the cake before the wedding.

Gotta laugh at her thinking her time is more valuable than anyone else’s. Hire a delivery driver if you’re that important and vital, you silly woman.

Marnie using colonialism to explain away her ableism 🥴

I was hoping someone might ask her about it, I’m not ready to be blocked yet haha
She’ll never admit her drinking could have possibly caused his issues. Then she might have to look at herself properly.
Drinking during pregnancy is just reprehensible. I’ve taught enough kids with FAS to see the damage it does. There are nice booze-free drinks out there. It’s not hard!

Reactions: 14
Danni will have a kid one day. She's not child free, same as Morgan isn't celiac. She's actually just child intolerant 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Had a bit of a lightbulb moment about why DD is so irritating to me -similar reason as to why lots of these influencers annoy me like Emcult - is that she doesn't have a 'real' job, and a lot of what she is bragging about doing, is partially just due to not having to really work. I mean yes she has flexibility - mostly due to not being tied to a job. I think I would give her more credibility if she was working hard, not spending most of the day talking to her phone 😂
Exactly. She said she popped out for a G&T this arvo because she has the freedom to do so seeing as she is cHiLdFrEe. No Danni. You have the freedom to do so because you don’t have a bleeping job 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Does anyone else find MFM extremely immature?

From the stupid noises she makes to her kids, the nick names for her kids and the memes she posts, she's just incredibly immature!!

Reactions: 31
she'll never admit her drinking could have possibly caused his issues. Then she might have to look at herself properly.
Drinking during pregnancy is just reprehensible. I’ve taught enough kids with FAS to see the damage it does. There are nice booze-free drinks out there. It’s not hard!
The complete and utter lack of responsibility she portrays is disgusting. She can spin it whatever way she likes, it's very clear she blames that poor boy.

I also wonder if consuming alcohol whilst pregnant aligns with her holistic values 🙄

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.