New Zealand Influencers and Public Figures #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Emily Writes is fantastic.
Marnie, however, needs therapy.
P r etty much what Emily just posted in her big story presumably about Marnies big rant showing pictures of said "so hard" trial. I'm not gonna speculate on his potential diagnoses here but Def she needs proper therapy and a proper assessment and support for her kid as well as her own neurodivergency.

Reactions: 9
Danni rubs me up totally the wrong way, trying to figure out exactly why, but it's really just a gut reaction to her smug holier than thou act.
And YES so many people I know who are childfree have made it permanent early in their lives. I don't think she is as commited to the idea as she claims in insta.
Yeah, I was much the same, and I think it's the know-it-all (but-actually-quite-ignorant) vibes for me. She comes across as incredibly sheltered, privileged and judgmental. Like many have said, a lot of what she shares as being able to do because she's cHiLdFrEe isn't even about being childfree, it's about being a middle class white woman who has the luxury of being supported by a full time working husband.

I don't want to detract from the pain she felt in an emotionally abusive relationship, because I know it's real and I know it's horrific in its own way, but pitching herself as a voice for abused women and speaking as if she intimately understands trauma really irks me when from everything she's shared, it sounds like her ex was a twit - for sure - and he behaved inappropriately, was controlling and possessive - for sure - but it's just not the same as horrific physical violence where you are essentially imprisoned, injured, totally and utterly demeaned, and in constant fear for your life (or, in the most extreme cases, have your life taken). It's not. Knowing that version of abuse, it makes me feel ... all sorts of things when she gets on her high horse about abuse. And there was always an uncomfortable undercurrent where I felt like a lot of it, again, was simply trying to find a niche. Playing on that sort of tit for engagement never sat well with me - and sure enough, when it didn't take off but something else did, she stopped talking about it altogether and instead went balls-to-the-wall on what got likes, and now presents herself totally differently.

Now it's the same with the childfree angle; she's NOT childfree - she's just a woman who hasn't had kids yet. She'll flog this horse loud and proud and pretend she's on the same wavelength as everyone else she's "created a community" for, but it's not true.

It just feels like it's all been incrementally less and less authentic. The fakeness grinds my gears. It's like the less she believes what she's putting out, the harder she goes on it, the smugger she appears, and as people celebrate her sass she leans into that more and crosses into mean girl territory. To perpetuate a narrative that's NOT EVEN TRUE.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
This. I’m more than happy for people to have conversations etc like Clementine Ford but do it in a way that people want to listen. I know a number of ladies in their 50’s who have partners who opted not to have children. They just say it wasn’t their thing. I actually think society looks more at individuals not in a relationship over someone in a relationship and without child. As you say maybe find better friends/family if that’s what you are hearing all the time.
It’s the same as her ‘renting’ discussion and why it’s cool to rent. I wonder if that will change considering house prices dropped 18%
She also probably can't buy a house if she's making $600 a week from social media, banks won't exactly see that as a secure income form.

Reactions: 7
Lol honestly DD is delusional. She constantly says arrogant tit and then comes back with "the way you're feeling has nothing to do with me, you need to look at yourself bla bla bla" she is smug and condescending as duck and ANYONE who disagrees with her must obviously have their own internal issues because she is just setting boundaries and is just a confident women lol. Its amusing how someone can have their own head shoved so far up their ass. Yes you can't interpret text but you can definitely interpret her snarky attitude and smug facial expressions when she speaks on her stories.

• Sick
Reactions: 19
Lol honestly DD is delusional. She constantly says arrogant tit and then comes back with "the way you're feeling has nothing to do with me, you need to look at yourself bla bla bla" she is smug and condescending as duck and ANYONE who disagrees with her must obviously have their own internal issues because she is just setting boundaries and is just a confident women lol. Its amusing how someone can have their own head shoved so far up their ass. Yes you can't interpret text but you can definitely interpret her snarky attitude and smug facial expressions when she speaks on her stories.
Like this? 😂

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

Reactions: 5
I like how DD uses the term child free people grouping them altogether as saying it’s the parents who are making them sound mean and nasty. No Danni, they arent! Parents and child free people are saying YOU yourself are coming across as nasty and not allowing others to have an opinion. You try to reword what people say, or not acknowledge that maybe you could be wrong. No one is triggered, they are not threatened by your assertiveness. Not any other child free person. It’s not a reflection on them. It would be the same for any topic, it’s how you are delivering your conversations- not the topic that people have an issue with.

Reactions: 10
Oh but she said on her stories that she never commented on that post 🙄 she's a bleeping liar
OMG she has too! I read the comments. There was a whole exchange. Now she's saying she didn't comment because she didn't feel it was her place to insert herself into a conversation about infertility?

Except ... you did 😂

And she's sharing Tattle posts again. Out the gate. Danni, why don't you take your own advice and unfollow? This conversation is about you, not for you. Like how bitching about mummy bloggers or the prevalence of pro-having-kids attitudes in society is for childfree people, not parents. You recommend to parents all the time that they disengage and unfollow your content because it's not for them. Same deal. You do not have to manually look up a website to read the opinions of people you don't know or care about. You know it's unhealthy, whatevs ... work on that tomorrow?

I like how DD uses the term child free people grouping them altogether as saying it’s the parents who are making them sound mean and nasty. No Danni, they arent! Parents and child free people are saying YOU yourself are coming across as nasty and not allowing others to have an opinion. You try to reword what people say, or not acknowledge that maybe you could be wrong. No one is triggered, they are not threatened by your assertiveness. Not any other child free person. It’s not a reflection on them. It would be the same for any topic, it’s how you are delivering your conversations- not the topic that people have an issue with.
But if you are still reading, this is it in a nutshell! It's not the patriarchy making us feel this way. We're triggered by rudeness, whatever gender it comes from.

I mean, you literally used the word "spiteful" to describe your own content. Come on.

Reactions: 22
I don’t have a dog, but I may one day get a dog. For now though, am I dog-free-parenting?

I might start a group.

How revolutionary!

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Ha ha she quoted me :p What a priviledge there DD. Honestly I love confident, boundary setting females.... just think she is more smug than confident. I absolutely love the idea of people being childfree by choice, and celebrate it and wish more did it. But yeah, DD just misses the mark.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Well we can only hope that the day comes where you crawl into your bed and never post again happens sooner rather than later…. Also how ironic is the second post, her literally speaking on things when nobody asked lol. Like, nobody gives a flying duck if you want kids or not Danni. In fact, I’m all for you not procreating.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.