New Zealand Influencers and Public Figures #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if DD CF realises that kids grow up. They're at home for about 18-20 years, then they leave.... independent... gone. Then you get the best of both worlds.

Freedom, AND kids. Kids that now cook xmas dinner for you. Who buy you the things from Father Rabbit that you've mentioned you love. Who use coasters on your polished wood tables, and sit around your new stone kitchen Island, praising your interior design choices. Who come out to dinner and drink wine with you.... You pay the bill of course, but still.... Kids aren't babies and toddlers forever.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I wonder if DD CF realises that kids grow up. They're at home for about 18-20 years, then they leave.... independent... gone. Then you get the best of both worlds.

Freedom, AND kids. Kids that now cook xmas dinner for you. Who buy you the things from Father Rabbit that you've mentioned you love. Who use coasters on your polished wood tables, and sit around your new stone kitchen Island, praising your interior design choices. Who come out to dinner and drink wine with you.... You pay the bill of course, but still.... Kids aren't babies and toddlers forever.
Everything you just said is SO right and more!

In regards to Ellie Haines and Danni commenting on her post: you’ve got to hand it to Danni. Her own voice is clearly the loudest in her ears and it takes some serious self absorption to be that ignorant and to ignore free feedback that your content is extreme and unnecessary.

Danni will have children and then she will look like such a bleeping idiot. She isn’t child free, she just hasn’t had children yet. There’s a HUGE difference.

One of my friends had her tubes tied and her husband had a vasectomy both via private surgery because their doctors wouldn’t do anything due to their ages and how they might change their minds. They are staunchly child free and didn’t want any accidents so they got fixed lol now THAT is child free. And you know what? They’ve NEVER mention their stance either online or in person it’s just a non-issue. I don’t care that they don’t want kids and they don’t care that I have kids we just get on with life. I only know they had the surgeries because we are close.

Reactions: 31
I find the whole thing weird, of her (DD) being staunchly child-free. I'm in my 50s and hubby and I chose to be childfree. I would never follow someone like DD. For me being childfree isn't a 'lifestyle'. I have friends with kids, friends without kids, and it's not something I ever talk about unless asked. Then I explain I just never felt I wanted them and neither did hubby, then thats the convo about it done and we move on to more interesting discussions. I don't understand why it needs to be a 'niche'. Maybe other folks have different experiences but for me it doesn't affect my life any differently than my friends, we still have struggles just like every other human, being childfree doesn't mean your life is carefree.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Does anyone know what Allyinakl does for a job ?
I don’t even know how I started following her maybe because I follow Millie ? Anyway I served her yesterday first time seeing someone I follow lol I did see sera Lilly few years ago but that was from a distance

Reactions: 3
….. so basically you’re a mum. Right? That’s all part of being a mum. Every mom in the world is doing that. You’re a fuxking mum.
I’ve never seen someone so addicted to being a victim as her. In every situation, at every turn, with every opportunity she will put herself into a victim position and paint whatever that normal situation is as a big, big deal that is hurting and affecting her.

YOU’RE a bleeping MOTHER, grow the he’ll up and meet some real life people to talk tit to and GET OFF THE INTERNET
Yes to this! I recall how in recent times she regaled us with a story of how her café coffee arrived cold. And it was a revelation to her, that she had to share, that she didn’t let it ruin her day. Ffs babes. If you get a cold coffee, it shouldn’t even be on the radar to be day ruining. Just get a new one or suck it up. She views every minor inconvenience as a catastrophe and a personal attack on her.

Reactions: 8
Yes to this! I recall how in recent times she regaled us with a story of how her café coffee arrived cold. And it was a revelation to her, that she had to share, that she didn’t let it ruin her day. Ffs babes. If you get a cold coffee, it shouldn’t even be on the radar to be day ruining. Just get a new one or suck it up. She views every minor inconvenience as a catastrophe and a personal attack on her.
Living with her must be exhausting. And they are talking about having another baby?!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Totally see both sides and points to the CF saga but I think it’s pretty crappy off JG and DD to come and spew condescending comments on Ellies post which she posted ON HER PAGE, literally about how it makes her feel. If it makes her feel a type of way she isn’t wrong and it’s super disrespectful of them to do that.
Side note why are so many influencers dying their hair the copper/red colour? It’s so cringe at this point all just copying each other and feels like they’re trying to fit in. Fair play to Millie who has had it quite a few years before it was ‘cool’
Who has dyed their hair that colour?

Reactions: 1
💯 agree! She’s erratic and unsettled and flitting from one hare brained scheme to another and then back and blaming everyone and anything else for her plans not working out. The comments about him terrorising and holding 4 adults to ransom or hostage. Ffs. He was 3. You’re the fuckong adults you stupid fuckwits! “We had to give up our commune lifestyle”. Oh duck off. Stop using him as an excuse for things not working out

She’s a stupid bleep too!
Thinking Macks problems might be somewhat hereditary 🤔
In any case the priority should be what treatment will best help the child and not what aligns with the parents holistic ideals.

Reactions: 10
Everything you just said is SO right and more!

In regards to Ellie Haines and Danni commenting on her post: you’ve got to hand it to Danni. Her own voice is clearly the loudest in her ears and it takes some serious self absorption to be that ignorant and to ignore free feedback that your content is extreme and unnecessary.

Danni will have children and then she will look like such a bleeping idiot. She isn’t child free, she just hasn’t had children yet. There’s a HUGE difference.

One of my friends had her tubes tied and her husband had a vasectomy both via private surgery because their doctors wouldn’t do anything due to their ages and how they might change their minds. They are staunchly child free and didn’t want any accidents so they got fixed lol now THAT is child free. And you know what? They’ve NEVER mention their stance either online or in person it’s just a non-issue. I don’t care that they don’t want kids and they don’t care that I have kids we just get on with life. I only know they had the surgeries because we are close.
I agree that Danni will have children aswell probably within the next 5 years. I just don't think she wants them right now or doesn't feel she is in a position to have them. It's almost as if she actually wishes she had children the way she bloody goes on about being CF like she's trying to justify something.

Reactions: 13
Did DD comment on Ellie's post? I can't see it? Can someone share? Also I feel like these child free people who think there is an expectation for them to have kids need to reassess who they surround themselves with if they are getting people constantly critique their choice. I have plenty of childfree friends and never had the expectation for them to have kids and would never criticise their choice!

• Heart
Did DD comment on Ellie's post? I can't see it? Can someone share? Also I feel like these child free people who think there is an expectation for them to have kids need to reassess who they surround themselves with if they are getting people constantly critique their choice. I have plenty of childfree friends and never had the expectation for them to have kids and would never criticise their choice!
This. I’m more than happy for people to have conversations etc like Clementine Ford but do it in a way that people want to listen. I know a number of ladies in their 50’s who have partners who opted not to have children. They just say it wasn’t their thing. I actually think society looks more at individuals not in a relationship over someone in a relationship and without child. As you say maybe find better friends/family if that’s what you are hearing all the time.
It’s the same as her ‘renting’ discussion and why it’s cool to rent. I wonder if that will change considering house prices dropped 18%

Reactions: 12
Marnie, if you read one thing on this ND journey, read this.
I thought this too. Big difference in the way she talks about her autistic son compared to the way Marnie talks about Mac. And the way she looks after him.

Reactions: 5
Nothing makes me more irrationally angry than influencers who use poor grammar or spelling on a sponsored post, you spout on that "iT's YoUr JoB" til the cows come home, yet you can't even take the 10 seconds to proof read? Such a poor look and I wish they were pulled up on it by the companies!

PREACH IT EMILY
CALL IT OUTTTTTT 👏👏👏👏
I love this so much I had to message Emily and thank her. I hope Marnie sees this and books herself some intensive therapy stat

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
PREACH IT EMILY
CALL IT OUTTTTTT 👏👏👏👏
Yes all of this!!! As a parent of a ND child, Marnie makes me so angry. Nothing about raising any child is 'easy' but to say loving your child is hard because they don't work the way you do is just horrific. My son has made me so much better as a person, he's taught me so much about patience and how to let life just flow.

Sassy, smug, antagonist, Duncan is not having it this morning ya’ll. She has clearly been reading here, and is having a little rant, maybe go do something productive instead of gaslighting parents, childless people and those going through infertility struggles. Embrace your child freeness but you don’t need to be so passive aggressive in you approach.
Save it for the group you have created on facebook.
She loves to fight people and funnily enough comes across as a bit of a bully the way she responds to people that try and have a constructive conversation.

Reactions: 21
Someone else's child gave Mack heaps of quality 1:1 time and coincidentally he was "In heaven" and they had a great day.... funny that 🤔

Reactions: 16
Sassy, smug, antagonist, Duncan is not having it this morning ya’ll. She has clearly been reading here, and is having a little rant, maybe go do something productive instead of gaslighting parents, childless people and those going through infertility struggles. Embrace your child freeness but you don’t need to be so passive aggressive in you approach.
Save it for the group you have created on facebook.
She loves to fight people and funnily enough comes across as a bit of a bully the way she responds to people that try and have a constructive conversation.
I think the fact her whole personality is about being child free is sad. She must be so fun at parties.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Hey, I'll join your home owner's community! We can all make snarky reels and tiktoks about why it's so great owning our own homes and when renters point out that it's not always that great we'll tell them that our content isn't meant for them and they can go and sit with the other peasants.
That’s brilliant. I will join.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Danni rubs me up totally the wrong way, trying to figure out exactly why, but it's really just a gut reaction to her smug holier than thou act.
And YES so many people I know who are childfree have made it permanent early in their lives. I don't think she is as commited to the idea as she claims in insta.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.