New Zealand Chat Off-topic #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Meh. What are kids really "seeing" here? Some people making funny faces
That’s what I thought
---
Do you have to wear dresses/skirts to work?
There’s a HUGE population of them in Timaru and I had friends who worked for them.
They had to wear skirts, make the phone calls, use the computers, etc. because the brethren weren’t allowed to use technology.
It came out a few years ago that one of the higher up families had a tv and a computer hidden in their house 😂
When I lived in timaru I saw quite a few business in washdyke run by EB and the school for them too. I never knew it was a thing.

Reactions: 3
That’s what I thought
---

When I lived in timaru I saw quite a few business in washdyke run by EB and the school for them too. I never knew it was a thing.
Yeah they have schools, supermarkets, etc. 😂 have to have a passcode to shop there and stuff.
There’s heaps of their businesses down there and a huge church as well.

Reactions: 1
Yeah they have schools, supermarkets, etc. 😂 have to have a passcode to shop there and stuff.
There’s heaps of their businesses down there and a huge church as well.
Yes the supermarket thing blew my mind when I first started at work

I’d say there’s quite a lot in the north island too, there’s big communities in northland. My bosses are based in Auckland and there’s plenty in Tauranga too, Hawkes Bay. You’d never notice now though cos they don’t have to wear head scarves anymore. There’s about 300 of them here in Christchurch

Reactions: 1
Oh wow, wonder where they are around here 😂 I've gone down a rabbit hole looking up articles. Curious where you work now 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Oh god she still going on? I hadn’t seen her stuff for a while. I want to correct all her grammar and break her paragraphs up 😂
I’m taking that pixie isn’t a real name lol

is it real? Or are we peddling someone else’s story or taking major liberties with embelsihing

Something doesn’t ring true

😳 just read the latest instalment. Surely it isn't totally real 😬
I think parts of it are real because she’s dropped enough bread crumbs that I’m pretty sure I was able to find news articles about it. But it’s very much a case of only hearing one side of the story, someone’s questioned it in the latest post and of course she’s gone on the defence.

• Wow
Oh wow, wonder where they are around here 😂 I've gone down a rabbit hole looking up articles. Curious where you work now 😂
where abouts in the country are you? I can give you business names of places they own etc haha that might whittle it down for you. Also most of the articles are bullshit, makes it sound a lot worse than it is.

ETA not whittle it down where I work lol not gonna say that obvs but I mean in your area so you can spot them haha

I think parts of it are real because she’s dropped enough bread crumbs that I’m pretty sure I was able to find news articles about it. But it’s very much a case of only hearing one side of the story, someone’s questioned it in the latest post and of course she’s gone on the defence.
do we know what she went to prison for? That’s what I want to know haha

• Haha
Okay I can't stop laughing and maybe this is a niche work story, but basically I work for a company owned and run by an Exclusive Brethen family. Anyway, one of my colleagues who is like 21 was at the hot pools today and saw this American family who were in the pools and were wearing tshirts, shorts etc. so dressed very conservatively even in the water. She asked them if they were Christian to which they said yes, she said they were too and they said oh I hope you're not part of those terrible closed Brethren that we have in the US, they won't eat with us or anything and they had to pretend they weren't and just slunk away in the end. Feel kinda sorry for them but it was rather funny for me to just imagine them have to not defend themselves to save this family a huge embarrassment.

Also if anyone is interested in the EB's and has any q's ask away haha I find it all fascinating
I used to live in a community with a lot of EB’s as well. There was a local school they went to which was separate from the public school. Some dodgy tit went down with some of the families and a car accident and they completely covered it all up.
---
Anyone following the story of Pixie on WDG?
Yes I do, I’m involved in foster care for OT so I follow it all.
---
pixie on women’s discussion thing on fb
I’ve just read her latest posts. Knowing what I know, there’s definitely more to the story and I would say the kids school will have been reporting neglect to OT and she’s probably a repeat offender so might have lost her kids previously too due to drug use and neglect. It’s all very sad but she mentioned home for life so it might be that she won’t ever get her kids back if OT have gone down that path.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Yes the supermarket thing blew my mind when I first started at work

I’d say there’s quite a lot in the north island too, there’s big communities in northland. My bosses are based in Auckland and there’s plenty in Tauranga too, Hawkes Bay. You’d never notice now though cos they don’t have to wear head scarves anymore. There’s about 300 of them here in Christchurch
I’m a teacher and worked at a school in Hastings where a lot of the children went before attending their own EB school. The boys (I taught year 1) were super rude and entitled and the girls barely spoke. They went home for morning tea and lunch, weren’t allowed to join in with swimming & had to leave early when we were doing discussions around “stranger danger” 🥴

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I’m a teacher and worked at a school in Hastings where a lot of the children went before attending their own EB school. The boys (I taught year 1) were super rude and entitled and the girls barely spoke. They went home for morning tea and lunch, weren’t allowed to join in with swimming & had to leave early when we were doing discussions around “stranger danger” 🥴
The boys being rude and entitled is definitely my experience of them too.

• Sick