New Zealand Chat Off-topic #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any Mecca shoppers here? I just picked up my beauty loop box and so happy with it for once

• Wow
Reactions: 4
What was in it?!? I need to go get mine
L3 and got mine from Chch Mecca. I got the Hourglass translucent powder, Kylie lipstick in Koko K, a Maison K perfume? (It smells exactly like my babies nappy creme though) Living Proof Volume spray, Khiels men’s moisturiser.

• Wow
  • Heart
L3 and got mine from Chch Mecca. I got the Hourglass translucent powder, Kylie lipstick in Koko K, a Maison K perfume? (It smells exactly like my babies nappy creme though) Living Proof Volume spray, Khiels men’s moisturiser.
I’m only level one and this is only my second loop but I’m overseas and haven’t renewed it yet!! I’ll need to do an online purchase I think!

I’m so excited! I’m L3 too might need to go into town tomorrow and get mine
---
What do you guys think of this
IMG_3726.png

IMG_3727.png

I’m so excited! I’m L3 too might need to go into town tomorrow and get mine
---
What do you guys think of this View attachment 2882914
View attachment 2882915
She’s going to be anti things like that no matter where they are, simply because she’s a religious nut job.
However, there definitely should be considerations taken for where those sorts of posters are put up and near a children’s playground isn’t it 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Meh. What are kids really "seeing" here? Some people making funny faces
Agree, it’s not obviously sexual in a way that kids would pick up on. I’ve got no issue with it myself. But she’d be flipping her tit no matter where those were posted - he’ll, I’ve seen fundamentalist Christians complain about condom and HIV testing ads on K Road, of all places. They just don’t want that stuff to exist at all.

Reactions: 2
A colleague is being secret squirrel bout getting weightloss surgery

lol I’ve never understood that mentality. To the point immediate family don’t know and it’s a couple of weeks away
I had a colleague like that!
A few years ago she also had "jaw surgery" and came back with a brand new set of teeth and kept calling it "jaw surgery"

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Okay I can't stop laughing and maybe this is a niche work story, but basically I work for a company owned and run by an Exclusive Brethen family. Anyway, one of my colleagues who is like 21 was at the hot pools today and saw this American family who were in the pools and were wearing tshirts, shorts etc. so dressed very conservatively even in the water. She asked them if they were Christian to which they said yes, she said they were too and they said oh I hope you're not part of those terrible closed Brethren that we have in the US, they won't eat with us or anything and they had to pretend they weren't and just slunk away in the end. Feel kinda sorry for them but it was rather funny for me to just imagine them have to not defend themselves to save this family a huge embarrassment.

Also if anyone is interested in the EB's and has any q's ask away haha I find it all fascinating

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Okay I can't stop laughing and maybe this is a niche work story, but basically I work for a company owned and run by an Exclusive Brethen family. Anyway, one of my colleagues who is like 21 was at the hot pools today and saw this American family who were in the pools and were wearing tshirts, shorts etc. so dressed very conservatively even in the water. She asked them if they were Christian to which they said yes, she said they were too and they said oh I hope you're not part of those terrible closed Brethren that we have in the US, they won't eat with us or anything and they had to pretend they weren't and just slunk away in the end. Feel kinda sorry for them but it was rather funny for me to just imagine them have to not defend themselves to save this family a huge embarrassment.

Also if anyone is interested in the EB's and has any q's ask away haha I find it all fascinating
Do you have to wear dresses/skirts to work?
There’s a HUGE population of them in Timaru and I had friends who worked for them.
They had to wear skirts, make the phone calls, use the computers, etc. because the brethren weren’t allowed to use technology.
It came out a few years ago that one of the higher up families had a tv and a computer hidden in their house 😂

I had a colleague like that!
A few years ago she also had "jaw surgery" and came back with a brand new set of teeth and kept calling it "jaw surgery"
I mean teeeechnically they’re not lying! 😂😂🥴🥴
---

There was quite a big group of EB that went to my Intermediate, and yeah they’d never eat with anyone else! We’re allowed to wear modified versions of our uniform etc

Reactions: 1
Do you have to wear dresses/skirts to work?
There’s a HUGE population of them in Timaru and I had friends who worked for them.
They had to wear skirts, make the phone calls, use the computers, etc. because the brethren weren’t allowed to use technology.
It came out a few years ago that one of the higher up families had a tv and a computer hidden in their house 😂

Hahah god no, we can wear whatever we want but their girls do of course. It’s pretty relaxed now, everyone has tvs, phones and computers. Over lockdown all of their churches were held over Zoom and even now about half of them still are. One of my colleagues even loves reality tv like bachelor etc haha.
---
I mean teeeechnically they’re not lying! 😂😂🥴🥴
---

There was quite a big group of EB that went to my Intermediate, and yeah they’d never eat with anyone else! We’re allowed to wear modified versions of our uniform etc
They have their own private schools now! They go to regular primary school for first 3 years then they go their private school for the rest of the time. They’re all real flash and student led learning. They get taught by regular Joes and no religion is taught at the school due to that

• Wow
I find all the EB stuff so interesting! I don't think we have that many here in Tauranga. Is there a reason there's a lot in the South island? Along with Gloriavale 😂

I find all the EB stuff so interesting! I don't think we have that many here in Tauranga. Is there a reason there's a lot in the South island? Along with Gloriavale 😂
I think there’s quite a few around Blenheim and the West Coast. When I worked for a bank they were my favourite customers. Always very organised with their requests and the businesses tended to be quite profitable so getting deals approved was straightforward.

Reactions: 5
When I moved to Nelson I was surprised to find out how big the “community” is here!
Their Church compound is a FORTRESS!

• Wow