New baby and post birth advice #58 Where have all the dummies gone?!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah it seems more worthwhile to wait until the last 2 months where I am due nil pay, otherwise I’ll lose something like £40 per day (and nursery will cost £60 per day so could do with the money!).
Absolutely! And 100% read your policy as I’ve always known half days be a possibility - doesn’t help with nursery necessarily but means you can do meetings (RTW ones count) and get paid for it xx

Reactions: 1
Sorry for the random question but for those who breastfed, when you weaned baby off the boob did you experience any cramping near your ovaries? I've only had one period since giving birth 6 months ago and I slowly weaned baby off and now I've been two-three days with no pumping either and the pain I'm having is pretty bad. I'm due another period next week (if it comes on time) but I've never had period pain like this before. I didn't have it last month either and my period was shorter and lighter than before I got pregnant (they used to be super heavy and last up to 9 days). Wonder whether it's just my body adapting or if I need to see a doctor.
My baby is 7 months and fully breastfed, I had my first period a couple of weeks ago. I was expecting a heavy one after so long, but it was really light and only lasted 2/3 days. I do keep getting period pain style cramping. I’ll have it one day and not the next but it isn’t too painful x

Reactions: 2
My daughter who is 16months every Thursday night/ Friday morning decides at 2.30/3am to get up it’s like she knows this is her dads day in the office so I have to take her away so he can sleep but I’m back to work soon and she’s driving me demented. Her doing this totally messes up our Friday routine, last week when her dad had Friday off she was fine it’s like she knows wtf

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
My daughter who is 16months every Thursday night/ Friday morning decides at 2.30/3am to get up it’s like she knows this is her dads day in the office so I have to take her away so he can sleep but I’m back to work soon and she’s driving me demented. Her doing this totally messes up our Friday routine, last week when her dad had Friday off she was fine it’s like she knows wtf
Does your or her routine the night before differ than to a WFH day for him? Different bedtime/bath/meals? I wonder how she knows!

Any tips how to get 13 month old to allow me to brush his teeth? Iv tried pretending to do mine, letting him do mine, numerous types of tooth brush… him holding one while I brush…. Anything else I can try?
It’s so hard isn’t it! Baby VT is obsessed with the toothbrush but she just wants to hit things with it 🤦‍♀️ She won’t let me brush them for her, she will stand and watch me and chew her brush or sit play with it. Miss Rachel had song about tooth cleaning which she likes too but not enough to copy!

What a night!
Little one decided she would only co-sleep. So after a super busy day whilst not feeling 100% with a horrid cold, I had an awful sleep & now little one is on top form since she slept like a dream but only when in with me.

Praying this is a phase because I miss good sleep

• Heart
Reactions: 3
What a night!
Little one decided she would only co-sleep. So after a super busy day whilst not feeling 100% with a horrid cold, I had an awful sleep & now little one is on top form since she slept like a dream but only when in with me.

Praying this is a phase because I miss good sleep
Oh yes I had TF in with me and she tried every single position available to mankind as a sleeping position (including on top of my face). I’m not my best today. Solidarity, sister.

• Heart
My baby is 7 months and fully breastfed, I had my first period a couple of weeks ago. I was expecting a heavy one after so long, but it was really light and only lasted 2/3 days. I do keep getting period pain style cramping. I’ll have it one day and not the next but it isn’t too painful x
Mine is just coming up to 5 months and also fully breastfed but I haven't had a period yet. Over a year without one has been just delightful 😂

Oh yes I had TF in with me and she tried every single position available to mankind as a sleeping position (including on top of my face). I’m not my best today. Solidarity, sister.
It's one of them days. I've had constant tears for an hour. She's got her back teeth coming through so she's not in the best mood 😫 and naturally the tears are making me feel like I'm doing a tit job so it's a fun day here 😫😭

Fingers crossed it gets better!

• Heart