New baby and post birth advice #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Every single morning between 3-3.30 hannah wakes up to do big massive farts 🤣 like I cab literally time it every night, how weird is that 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
They won't take more than they need 😊
I was worrying and every time the health visitors asked me how much she drank, I'd tell them expecting them to tell me off or something and they'd always reply with "Oh wow. That's great"
I'd sit there like huh? 🤔 Alright then 😂

You'll probably find that she'll balance out 😊
She's kind of balanced out a bit more now but still more than the tub says but she always has.
She's almost 7 months and still in 3-6 months clothes with space and she's actually dropped percentiles down to the 20th. Yet she has 8oz bottles every 3 hours still, even during the night.

My second, although big at birth anyway, she was always more than the tub says as well. But she was in 6-9 month clothes at 4 months 😂
But she's 3 and a half now and some 3-4 clothes are still too big for her.

Let her guide you with how much she wants feeding 😊
Awww thank you so much, same like you I was worried to tell people how much she was drinking in fear of over feeding her. Sometimes she can go 5 hours no problem others like yesterday she was so grumpy after two hours and managed another 180ml after 180ml before that.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Every single morning between 3-3.30 hannah wakes up to do big massive farts 🤣 like I cab literally time it every night, how weird is that 🤣🤣
Our dogs sleep in our bedroom and some nights it’s like a band playing what with baby and dogs farting mixed with husband snoring!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
what am I meant to do with a baby who won’t be settled? She’s clearly tired and won’t nod off, she’ll go from inconsolable screaming to relaxing and smiling. I had this all day yesterday too. Am I meant to hold her all day?! Tried Moses basket, small crying out, rocking, swaying, walking around, bounding on bed 🤯

• Heart
Reactions: 3
what am I meant to do with a baby who won’t be settled? She’s clearly tired and won’t nod off, she’ll go from inconsolable screaming to relaxing and smiling. I had this all day yesterday too. Am I meant to hold her all day?! Tried Moses basket, small crying out, rocking, swaying, walking around, bounding on bed 🤯
Do you have a sling? I found that helped to settle her sometimes, sometimes it didn't but worth a try

Do you have a sling? I found that helped to settle her sometimes, sometimes it didn't but worth a try
I do and she’ll sleep for 5 hours straight in it but I’m trying not to let her think that’s the only way to sleep in the day plus I’m going out for the day at 11 and she’ll be in it anyway! I needed to get dressed so also couldn’t put her in it 🤯 she’s just SCREAMED herself to sleep while in my arms 😵💫

• Heart
Don’t know if it’s just a coincidence, but I bought some breastfeeding cookies off Amazon and wow they have made a difference! Normally I would feel like my boobs were only getting half full throughout the day and by bed time I feel like she gets nothing… Been eating these cookies and now they feel much fuller throughout the day and she actually seems to struggle sometimes with how much she’s getting and how fast it’s coming out 😅 Could just be a massive coincidence but if anyones struggling with supply or worried, I’d recommend these to at least try! They’re made by Munchkin and just called breastfeeding cookies 😊

Reactions: 4
I do and she’ll sleep for 5 hours straight in it but I’m trying not to let her think that’s the only way to sleep in the day plus I’m going out for the day at 11 and she’ll be in it anyway! I needed to get dressed so also couldn’t put her in it 🤯 she’s just SCREAMED herself to sleep while in my arms 😵💫
I would just do whatever works, and not worry about her getting too many bad habitsThey go through so many wee phases that she may well be out of this in a day or two and back to sleeping during the day easily again. Have you tried putting the hoover on? My baby loves the hoover. We have a robotic one and if he’s a very bad mood I’ll stick that on and he loves watching it 🤣 or if things are REALLY bad I get the big hoover out and he sits quiet as a mouse while I do that

edited to make sense 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I would just do whatever works, and not worry about her getting too hard to anything. They go through so many wee phases that she may well be out of this in a day or two and back to sleeping during the day easily again. Have you tried putting the hoover on? My baby loves the hoover. We have a robotic one and if he’s a very bad mood I’ll stick that on and he loves watching it 🤣 or if things are REALLY bad I get the big hoover out and he sits quiet as a mouse while I do that
I’ve played classical lullabies and hoovered. She’ll happily listen to both then kick off screaming again. She’s awake screaming again after a ten minute nap, I’m losing my marbles lol
I can’t fit our huge bloody pram in the car so have to carry her while out and her baby bag, my backs going to break in two carrying her at home too!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’ve played classical lullabies and hoovered. She’ll happily listen to both then kick off screaming again. She’s awake screaming again after a ten minute nap, I’m losing my marbles lol
I can’t fit our huge bloody pram in the car so have to carry her while out and her baby bag, my backs going to break in two carrying her at home too!
Days like that are awful. Hopefully being out and about will distract you both and give you a bit of a break❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hello! New here, recent gratuate! Baby girl born Tuesday. Still in hospital after some latching issues.
We’re all good to go home but I cannot get her off the boob now. She’s been between both for 3 hours now. Is this normal? I’m so tired from being in hospital and I just want to get home but can’t. I don’t even know if she’s feeding or comforting. This whole being a mum things rather over whelming isn’t it!! 😬😬

• Heart
Reactions: 15
How old is baby? For what it’s worth I think you should do what you need to do to get through the day. I’ve found the less mine naps the more tired she is and the harder it is to get her to sleep, like a relentless cycle of hell (although I’m sure I’m preaching to the choir here from the sounds of your post!) If the sling helps her to get a long nap, I’d use it to break the cycle and reset from there. My HV told me not to worry about them learning habits etc until at least 3 months but probably even later, so I wouldn’t worry about using the sling as and when you need (and I guess even if she does get used to it, she won’t need it forever if that makes sense?). I hope your day gets better 💗💗

Hello! New here, recent gratuity! Baby girl born Tuesday. Still in hospital after some latching issues.
We’re all good to go home but I cannot get her off the boob now. She’s been between both for 3 hours now. Is this normal? I’m so tired from being in hospital and I just want to get home but can’t. I don’t even know if she’s feeding or comforting. This whole being a mum things rather over whelming isn’t it!! 😬😬
Congratulations!!! Hope you’re both doing well. It sounds like she’s cluster feeding - it’s perfectly normal (and so overwhelming!). If you read back through from last night you’ll see a lot of us have the same thing! It’s just baby’s way of getting your milk to come in, plus she’ll be feeding for comfort and warmth and just a nice cuddle!! Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
How old is baby? For what it’s worth I think you should do what you need to do to get through the day. I’ve found the less mine naps the more tired she is and the harder it is to get her to sleep, like a relentless cycle of hell (although I’m sure I’m preaching to the choir here from the sounds of your post!) If the sling helps her to get a long nap, I’d use it to break the cycle and reset from there. My HV told me not to worry about them learning habits etc until at least 3 months but probably even later, so I wouldn’t worry about using the sling as and when you need (and I guess even if she does get used to it, she won’t need it forever if that makes sense?). I hope your day gets better 💗💗

Congratulations!!! Hope you’re both doing well. It sounds like she’s cluster feeding - it’s perfectly normal (and so overwhelming!). If you read back through from last night you’ll see a lot of us have the same thing! It’s just baby’s way of getting your milk to come in, plus she’ll be feeding for comfort and warmth and just a nice cuddle!! Xx
I’ve heard of cluster feeding but wasn’t sure what it was. Thank you. I feel like I’m going mad 😂😂 that reassures me she isn’t just the nip monster! X

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Thank you, just sharing and reading responses makes me feel better. She’s 9 weeks today.
I understand, maybe I’m being too harsh on her. I fed her a few ounces and we’re heading out now in the carrier with my best friend and her baby, which she’ll love so hopefully no crying until tonight when daddy is home and I can hand her over 🙊 going to spend the last bit of my wages stupidly at the shops now x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Just back from baby massage, my child decided to enjoy the first 5 mins then, after just eating 25 mins previously, decided she was starved so we missed pretty much all of it 🤣 try again next week 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Hello! New here, recent gratuate! Baby girl born Tuesday. Still in hospital after some latching issues.
Congratulations! So so normal, he was attached to me and it was a fight to get him off so we could do the tests to get signed off to go home 😅 I do think it's overwhelming when it's just you on your own as you literally don't get a break and it's all new. It does feel easier when you get home and have your own comforts and support 🤗

• Heart
Congratulations! So so normal, he was attached to me and it was a fight to get him off so we could do the tests to get signed off to go home 😅 I do think it's overwhelming when it's just you on your own as you literally don't get a break and it's all new. It does feel easier when you get home and have your own comforts and support 🤗
Thank you so much, she was holding us up getting home. We just had to go
For it in the end.
the journey starts now xx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My baby is 7 weeks on Saturday and now sleeps 11- 6/7 she feeds about 5/6oz every 4 hours in the day. She usually goes back to sleep from 8-11 and I do my house work. I am waiting for her to start waking up loads more but I am trying to sleep whilst I can I do have awful back ache. We have done the deed now as well and it wasn’t too painful hope I won’t be joining the pregnancy thread any time soon though 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
@Crazycatlady18 as the others have said that’s normal feeding. Think of it as she’s putting in long hard days to build your supply so she can then have it on tap whenever she likes! But very overwhelming, I feel overwhelmed as a mother pretty much all the time 🙈

• Heart
God yeah, it makes pregnancy feel like a relaxing time 😂 (joke- I haven’t forgot those days yet).

Hope you’re ok. My baby loves a cluster feed 😴🥴 forgot what sleep feels like, I remember it being blissful.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.