New baby and post birth advice #48 my baby’s farts are ridiculous

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone have any recommendations for a swivel isofix car seat, my wee girls a big tub and I can’t carry her in the car seat anyways. I have a smallish car a Ford puma and obs want her rear facing would prefer if it did her a good long time so 0123

Does anyone have any recommendations for a swivel isofix car seat, my wee girls a big tub and I can’t carry her in the car seat anyways. I have a smallish car a Ford puma and obs want her rear facing would prefer if it did her a good long time so 0123
I have a John Lewis swivel seat that goes from birth. It’s actually made by My (who have an identical but brand badged version) which I didn’t realise when I bought it as JL was selling their model for a higher price 🤦🏻‍♀️ arrogant tossers. Anyway, all that said I love the seat and I have a ford fiesta (a 3 door which makes things interesting) so am sure it will fit in your puma.

We’ve done this a few times (although not out the house but when baby Ro is asleep of an evening) and most of the time he sees no wrong in what he’s said / how he’s behaved, or he’ll say sorry and then do it again in a few days.
I always say “I’m not going to keep letting this slide, I’m not this person anymore” after being in emotionally abusive relationships my whole life so far until now- although I feel like I’ve stepped back into one recently.
I wish we had waited just a bit longer to have baby Ro, although I don’t regret him at all I wonder if we would have split up before getting to this point had we been together maybe an extra few years.
You’re exactly right on the childish front, he acts so hard done by when literally everything is thought of and done by me?
I now see so many red flags in stuff he used to say about his ex, granted she was nasty (ended up getting with his own brother) however I can see why she was paranoid over him.
He’s always been very secretive with things and that paired with behaviour change makes me wonder what else is going on.
He works from home and literally only leaves to go for runs, but I still think what if there’s something else to it.
If you're seeing red flags then that's different - maybe have a last attempt at getting through to him and set out your terms i.e. if things don't improve you'll be splitting up (if you feel safe having that conversation), but start planning how the separation would work and getting support lined up from family and friends. It's such a tough situation but if you're not happy and you think it isn't just a temporary blip, you and baby Ro would be better off without him 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I have a John Lewis swivel seat that goes from birth. It’s actually made by My (who have an identical but brand badged version) which I didn’t realise when I bought it as JL was selling their model for a higher price 🤦🏻‍♀️ arrogant tossers. Anyway, all that said I love the seat and I have a ford fiesta (a 3 door which makes things interesting) so am sure it will fit in your puma.
John Lewis doesn’t deliver to Northern Ireland unfortunately but il look for that brand

John Lewis doesn’t deliver to Northern Ireland unfortunately but il look for that brand
Sorry looks like what I typed didn’t make it in full, it’s Called “my babiie” or something, it’s German, I’ll find it x
---
Sorry looks like what I typed didn’t make it in full, it’s Called “my babiie” or something, it’s German, I’ll find it x
It’s this one: https://mybabiie.com/products/isize-quilted-black-spin-car-seat-40-150cm

She wouldn’t like my baby then😂
I doubt she liked anyone’s babies apart from her own. Bloody funny fish. I find judgemental opinions about babies in either direction weird - it just says so so so much about the person holding the opinion rather than anything or one else.

my baby pretty much EBF (has formula once every 2- 3 weeks) is a chunky little monkey with oven ready thighs. My friend’s baby EBF and the wee-est little dot ever!!! She was 5lb 6oz when she came out at term, it’s her genetics, she’s 15 months and still in 9-12mos clothes. Mine was just shy of 8lbs, pretty much true to size but god she looks a chub compared to my friends little dinky doodle. They are both beauts. People who can’t see that are wrong in the head 🤣

Reactions: 3
I have a Joie 360! I love it, so handy! There are always loads being sold on Facebook marketplace in good condition!

Finding baby boy so hard to keep entertained at the moment. As he gets older and more aware he seems to tire of things so fast . He used to love his bouncer and playmat but gets bored and starts grumping really quickly. Have some sensory toys etc that he will look at and touch a little bit he gets grumpy quickly. He loves me singing, airplane etc but sometimes I need ten mins to eat and drink and he’s like nah. Part of me can’t wait till he’s a bit older and we can do parks, softplay, zoo etc 🥲

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I feel so down today. I’m finding maternity leave and the summer holidays monotonous and relentless. I think my husband and I have different goals at the weekend. I’m desperate to get things done and he doesn’t want to do anything. I feel as though I have a lead weight attached to me. Meanwhile my 5yo has really attached herself to him, he is much softer than me, and I make her do things like reading (I also do literally every other single thing for her from feeding her to clothing her, booking her clubs, doing activities with her, buying her toys, taking her on days out etc, sorting her childcare, arranging her play dates.) and it’s making me really sad how much she openly favours him, to the point I went into the living room just now and she whispered to him not to show me something. She will also of course be feeling out of sorts with how much the baby relies on me but it hurts a lot that I’m being rejected when dad is around.
He created a really crappy atmosphere this morning and now I’m in a complete funk. I hate wasting days but that’s exactly what I’m doing now. I know I need to just move on and try and get my tit done but I need him for some things like taking the girls swimming I just can’t do by myself but he is a lazy useless head. I’ve told him plenty of times I feel really strongly about the 5yo swimming and he agrees but DOES NOTHING

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’ve got a 6 month old that just won’t sleep for anything today :( he’s maybe had two 20min naps all day.. he seems so energetic I don’t get it !!! By now we’ve usually had all three naps, only a few hours til maybe bedtime now but I doubt it will be.. 🙃

Finding baby boy so hard to keep entertained at the moment. As he gets older and more aware he seems to tire of things so fast . He used to love his bouncer and playmat but gets bored and starts grumping really quickly. Have some sensory toys etc that he will look at and touch a little bit he gets grumpy quickly. He loves me singing, airplane etc but sometimes I need ten mins to eat and drink and he’s like nah. Part of me can’t wait till he’s a bit older and we can do parks, softplay, zoo etc 🥲
it’s hard isn’t it ! Some days go by fine though, but others it’s like what on earth do I do with you for the next 2 hours 😂

Omg don’t dream of soft play 🤢 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I feel so down today. I’m finding maternity leave and the summer holidays monotonous and relentless. I think my husband and I have different goals at the weekend. I’m desperate to get things done and he doesn’t want to do anything. I feel as though I have a lead weight attached to me. Meanwhile my 5yo has really attached herself to him, he is much softer than me, and I make her do things like reading (I also do literally every other single thing for her from feeding her to clothing her, booking her clubs, doing activities with her, buying her toys, taking her on days out etc, sorting her childcare, arranging her play dates.) and it’s making me really sad how much she openly favours him, to the point I went into the living room just now and she whispered to him not to show me something. She will also of course be feeling out of sorts with how much the baby relies on me but it hurts a lot that I’m being rejected when dad is around.
He created a really crappy atmosphere this morning and now I’m in a complete funk. I hate wasting days but that’s exactly what I’m doing now. I know I need to just move on and try and get my tit done but I need him for some things like taking the girls swimming I just can’t do by myself but he is a lazy useless head. I’ve told him plenty of times I feel really strongly about the 5yo swimming and he agrees but DOES NOTHING
Hey, I’m really sorry to hear this, don’t feel bad about wasting the day though, sometimes we just can’t shake the feeling and you need to ride through it. Could you have a talk with him about everything, and how he could include you more when she comes to him? E.g say let’s show mummy too etc.
I’m so sorry you’re feeling this way, especially when you’re doing an amazing job with both of them.

• Heart
Hey, I’m really sorry to hear this, don’t feel bad about wasting the day though, sometimes we just can’t shake the feeling and you need to ride through it. Could you have a talk with him about everything, and how he could include you more when she comes to him? E.g say let’s show mummy too etc.
I’m so sorry you’re feeling this way, especially when you’re doing an amazing job with both of them.
He is a terrible communicator and a sulker! He hasn’t got a clue how to communicate properly. It’s maddening. He mumbles too, and when I ask him to repeat himself he just mumbles again! 13 years of this! duck me, where’s my medal?! The very suggestion he’s not doing things perfectly and he doesn’t get a fanfare for the basics he’s a sulky little creep. He did tell her that wasn’t kind, but that’s as far as he goes.

i do usually get over it by this point in the day but my blood is still boiling and I feel furious. I can’t explain how angry his inertia makes me. I think he has completely disregarded what I’ve been coping with (really well in the grand scheme of things) and what’s important to me. He’s such a spoilt baby! Ugh it feels so lovely to get this off my chest. I’m so fiery by nature but I can’t even be arsed to argue with him so I have just stayed upstairs this afternoon (after a glass of rose).

To top my day off the baby has been screaming her head off with overtiredness and unfortunately all my empathy has just left my body. He keeps coming in to offer to take her but I’m so cross! He’s skulked out again now. She’s now asleep 😰

ooophhfff that felt good to get out 🤣

honestly I’m not and never was made for mat leave and SAHPing, anyone who does it is a fricking SAINT and you have my utmost respect xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 7
He is a terrible communicator and a sulker! He hasn’t got a clue how to communicate properly. It’s maddening. He mumbles too, and when I ask him to repeat himself he just mumbles again! 13 years of this! duck me, where’s my medal?! The very suggestion he’s not doing things perfectly and he doesn’t get a fanfare for the basics he’s a sulky little creep. He did tell her that wasn’t kind, but that’s as far as he goes.

i do usually get over it by this point in the day but my blood is still boiling and I feel furious. I can’t explain how angry his inertia makes me. I think he has completely disregarded what I’ve been coping with (really well in the grand scheme of things) and what’s important to me. He’s such a spoilt baby! Ugh it feels so lovely to get this off my chest. I’m so fiery by nature but I can’t even be arsed to argue with him so I have just stayed upstairs this afternoon (after a glass of rose).

To top my day off the baby has been screaming her head off with overtiredness and unfortunately all my empathy has just left my body. He keeps coming in to offer to take her but I’m so cross! He’s skulked out again now. She’s now asleep 😰

ooophhfff that felt good to get out 🤣

honestly I’m not and never was made for mat leave and SAHPing, anyone who does it is a fricking SAINT and you have my utmost respect xxx
This thread is an absolute godsend for getting stuff off your chest so just go for it. Sending you a huge hug (and more wine) because it’s so crap to not feel appreciated and not get on with your other half.
Could you ask him to take the baby for a day whilst you do something fun with the 5 year old maybe? Would writing out all the chores and showing who does what help him realise the load you’re carrying?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
This thread is an absolute godsend for getting stuff off your chest so just go for it. Sending you a huge hug (and more wine) because it’s so crap to not feel appreciated and not get on with your other half.
Could you ask him to take the baby for a day whilst you do something fun with the 5 year old maybe? Would writing out all the chores and showing who does what help him realise the load you’re carrying?
Thank you, and yes you’re right! I don’t have a best friend to vent to and my mum won’t have a bad word said against him 🤣

I don’t really want to 🤣 I want to go footloose and fancy free somewhere where I’m not being touched constantly or asked for a snack or having to guess what someone’s cry means 🤣

In all seriousness I have a very long list of tit that needs to get done, i refuse to spoon feed him, he’s 41. He needs to stop being such a selfish lazy prick, even getting him to do the bare minimum is like pulling teeth.

the List is endless, it occurred to me the other day what life might be like if men were left to buy their children school shoes.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.