• 9-12 months

• 12-18 months

• 18-24 months

• I’m pregnant and reading ahead

• I don’t have a baby and just want to know about baby farts

• I refuse to believe my baby is a child now

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread for us :)

Previous topics of conversation include how much tummy time is the right amount, why baby farts stink so much and whether wake windows should go out the window.

Judgement free zone, if you don’t have something nice to say maybe just… don’t bother saying it.

KW of the week nominations always welcome!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Really hope my info on tummy time (or not) was not seen as preaching or judgey. I only provided the research as people asked for more info on it.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m wanting to take baby Skates swimming as soon as I get the all clear post-section. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good swim float suitable from birth?

Also, how do swim nappies work with tiny babies? Surely if they do a poo it’ll just come straight out with it being pretty much liquid?🤦🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Really hope my info on tummy time (or not) was not seen as preaching or judgey. I only provided the research as people asked for more info on it.
I found it really interesting. The one thing my HV was quite insistent on was tummy time which made me feel bad because I couldn’t physically get up and down off the floor for the first month or so. She has had good head control since birth (we say her radar is going off as she’s like an owl) but when you put her on her tummy she looks up then faceplants, then cries. She loves tummy time on me, she flips and rolls, she’s like a different baby. Michael McIntyre did a joke once saying it’s funny how everyone worried about their babies not being able to hold a spoon etc because you never hear someone say “oh yes my husband never learnt to hold a spoon”.

Reactions: 7
Thank you for all of the comments RE TT on last thread, made for lots of interesting reading and put me at ease 😅
I’m voting 0-3 months because he’s not quite 3 months and I just refuse to vote 3-6 😭😭😭 I know everyone says it but time has really gone so quickly!

Reactions: 2
@Spencerskates I would recommend lessons tbh, I don’t know how safe floaties are as if the baby flips they can’t get back over again. Ours are £28 for one half hour lesson a week so about the same price as taking them by ourselves to the pool. But that’s my personal thoughts (and anxieties) around swimming!

Realised today that the bassinet is definitely too small now so need to swap to the stroller seat 😭😭

• Heart
This thread came nicely timed as I can tick 3-6 before I have a melt down over him getting so big 😩😩
We moved out of the bassinet to the next part of his pushchair at the weekend and I’ve just bought some bits for weaning 😭 #lastbabyproblems

• Heart
This thread came nicely timed as I can tick 3-6 before I have a melt down over him getting so big 😩😩
We moved out of the bassinet to the next part of his pushchair at the weekend and I’ve just bought some bits for weaning 😭 #lastbabyproblems
I didn’t think it’d bother me but I’m definitely asking my OH to go on one last bassinet walk with us when he gets home 😭😂 I’ve emailed about our health visitor weaning workshops (even though I don’t think he’s anywhere near ready to eat) and I’ve just realised our family holiday to butlins is in 9 weeks, when he was born I was talking to my family about how big he’ll be then 🥲

Reactions: 4
Every time a new thread is set up, I am reminded how old my little one is getting and it makes me sad every single time. We'll be in the 12 months + bracket by the next thread, 1st birthday is coming soon!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I found it really interesting. The one thing my HV was quite insistent on was tummy time which made me feel bad because I couldn’t physically get up and down off the floor for the first month or so. She has had good head control since birth (we say her radar is going off as she’s like an owl) but when you put her on her tummy she looks up then faceplants, then cries. She loves tummy time on me, she flips and rolls, she’s like a different baby. Michael McIntyre did a joke once saying it’s funny how everyone worried about their babies not being able to hold a spoon etc because you never hear someone say “oh yes my husband never learnt to hold a spoon”.
Yes to this joke! I always try to think of it when someone says “oh isn’t he sleeping well?” Or “oh why isnt he doing XYZ” as if he’ll never laugh / sleep by himself or lay on his tummy ever in his life!

Oops posted some of this in the last thread as I didn't see this one!
Baby lights is currently in a 2.5 hour nap, the longest daytime stretch since he was tiny (or possibly ever!)

This graphic was on the wall in the hospital and was helpful for spotting feeding cues before baby gets too agitated 🙂
Oh wow this brings back memories of the posters in the children's centres where I had my midwife appointments! One of them always made me cry a little bit, it was about babies crying because they need something 😭

We're at a stage now where baby biscuit laughs at her own farts 😂
I spent a good 10 minutes making baby lights laugh with fart sounds yesterday 😂 this also reminds me of when he was tiny and did a fart so loud I nearly dropped him

• Haha
I'll have todays Bad Mum award please, put LO down for a nap and he slept for about 5 minutes before grumping so I went back in, thought it was because he'd lost his dummy. Couple of minutes later still grumping, so I went back in and went to put him in a sleepsuit as I thought he might be cold... No his nappy had leaked and he was lying in a wet baby grow and on a wet sheet.

The other sheet isn't clean, so now he's napping in a clean baby grow with a sleep sack and the bare Snuzpod mattress :eek:

• Haha
I'll have todays Bad Mum award please, put LO down for a nap and he slept for about 5 minutes before grumping so I went back in, thought it was because he'd lost his dummy. Couple of minutes later still grumping, so I went back in and went to put him in a sleepsuit as I thought he might be cold... No his nappy had leaked and he was lying in a wet baby grow and on a wet sheet.

The other sheet isn't clean, so now he's napping in a clean baby grow with a sleep sack and the bare Snuzpod mattress :eek:
Ah we’ve all been there, don’t be hard on yourself!

i don’t know about you but the nappy leaking ALWAYS catches me out and I just don’t expect it. I really need their “different” cries to be a lot more distinct.

Does anyone else wake up really positive in the morning then by about 2 o’clock you’re just like nah fk this. Baby geegee slept 12 hours last night so I woke up positive. Got my little boy from nursery at 1 and he’s been hard work ever since. Baby gee gee hardly naps in the day, she’s had around 1.5 hours since 10.30 am and now I’m hiding in the kitchen scoffing my lunch at twenty passed three, love being a mum sometimes LOL 🫠

• Heart
Does anyone else wake up really positive in the morning then by about 2 o’clock you’re just like nah fk this. Baby geegee slept 12 hours last night so I woke up positive. Got my little boy from nursery at 1 and he’s been hard work ever since. Baby gee gee hardly naps in the day, she’s had around 1.5 hours since 10.30 am and now I’m hiding in the kitchen scoffing my lunch at twenty passed three, love being a mum sometimes LOL 🫠
Same! Each day I think "maybe today I'll manage to do one little thing off my to do list, wouldn't that be great!" and then it gets to 3pm and I'm not dressed, baby is grizzly and wants yet another feed, and all my optimism and motivation goes out the window! Hopefully at some point we'll get to be more productive/not be taken hostage so much by a small baby 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.