New baby and post birth advice #48 my baby’s farts are ridiculous

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh gosh, honestly you poor thing. Weddings do such weird things to some people. You’re really going through it, I’m sorry it’s so hard right now.
Is getting away for a bit an option for you? Would your husband look after the dogs if you took yourself off for a few days with the baby? Maybe an air BnB somewhere? Could help you reset a little bit - might help to not be around the other half too x
One of my friends has actually offered for us to come up and stay, her baby is a month older than mini muffin. I was thinking of staying with my parents for a few weeks but that’s obviously out. I wanted to take the dogs but might be a bit much with us all x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
One of my friends has actually offered for us to come up and stay, her baby is a month older than mini muffin. I was thinking of staying with my parents for a few weeks but that’s obviously out. I wanted to take the dogs but might be a bit much with us all x
I think you should take her up on the offer if you can. Have a mini break with mini muffin

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Omg this little baby is having me on 😭 she’s just had 3 nappy changes in as many minutes 😭
Been making noises for last twenty mins or so so I bit the bullet and got the nappy stuff out, am so tired I put nappy on wrong way twice, little madam kept squeezing her legs together so I couldn’t properly tighten the tabs, finally got it on, turned to put old nappy in bag then suddenly I hear the unmistakable squelching noise that comes with her poo, not once, but three times. So I change her, farewell new nappy, we hardly knew you. New nappy, who dis, get to start buttoning up her body suit and she looks at me, sticks her belly up and sure enough here comes another gurgling squit. I could cry, but I just shake my head. why god, why.

and yes, now she won’t go back to sleep; currently holding my thumb whilst grappling with my fingers.🙃

think I will parent from bed today.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Apparently children with an egg allergy have a higher chance of also having a nut allergy so be careful when trying the nuts.
I didn’t know this, thank you. I’ll call the gp on Monday for more advice. He was a bit wheezy last night and he’s always been quite mucousy. I hadn’t thought it could be from something I’m eating!

Reactions: 1
Yep. My baba will not let me put him to sleep! He fights me to the death, luckily his daddy works from home so can put him down he just doesn’t want a bar of me going asleep 🤷‍♀️
---

I was basically told to put my baba on a diet at 5 mnths by a locum g.p. He needed to “eat less and move more” 🤣Granted he’s big but was 9lb 11 born and very long and is in the right centipede for his birth weight. So got a second opinion from another gp who said it was ridiculous.
What weight are they my wee girls huge but like I feed her the normal amount I don’t know what they expect me to do, my cousins wee boy was put on a diet as a baby and it made no diffence to him at all he was just a big baby nearly 11lb at birth

What weight are they my wee girls huge but like I feed her the normal amount I don’t know what they expect me to do, my cousins wee boy was put on a diet as a baby and it made no diffence to him at all he was just a big baby nearly 11lb at birth
Same. He was 9lb 11 born. I don’t weigh him he’s 5 months now but was 18 lb at his 3 month check up. She was giving out cos he doubled his weight at 3 months instead of 6. But in the same all he gets is his bottles which she said I should reduce or try and spread out because he feeds every 3 hours. He will scream for a bottle so no chance of that. Like what am I meant to do it’s not like I give him chocolate and crisps 🤣 she also said I should put him on solids at 4 months and when I asked is it not 6 she had to google it 🙈
The health nurse said he’s fine and a second gp said he’s a healthy baby and the idea of putting a baby on a diet is ridiculous. They said when he starts to move about and crawl he’ll lose it anyway.

Reactions: 2
Hey everyone, haven't checked in since last week when I was talking about tongue ties. My little boy got the division done and it all went well tbh it wasn't as bad as I thought just his screaming what made me feel really mean on him 😞 anyways onto the next one.... I'm sure he is teething but it's not the bottom 2 teeth. He has been savaging my hand everytime it's near him. Then when I have looked this morn I'm sure there are hard white parts on his side gums!? Is this teeth coming through or just preparing for when they do because from what I have read they're not supposed to get these until 11 months he's only 4 months 🙈

Baby boy is 6 weeks and I’m struggling to get him to nap during the day unless we are in the front pack or out in the pram! It seems the days of just falling asleep at the boob or being able to have contact naps at home are going!
we are also having loads of false starts at night, waking after 20-30 mins for a good hour or so…any tips welcome 😭 It doesn’t help that my husband can’t get him off to sleep despite his efforts so he feels pretty useless (I’m breastfeeding)..there have been a few tears today from me and baby 😭😭

Baby boy is 6 weeks and I’m struggling to get him to nap during the day unless we are in the front pack or out in the pram! It seems the days of just falling asleep at the boob or being able to have contact naps at home are going!
we are also having loads of false starts at night, waking after 20-30 mins for a good hour or so…any tips welcome 😭 It doesn’t help that my husband can’t get him off to sleep despite his efforts so he feels pretty useless (I’m breastfeeding)..there have been a few tears today from me and baby 😭😭
Oh I’m so sorry, it’s really hard isn’t it. Will he take a dummy? Noticed the difference between my eldest and youngest is a dummy. Youngest will be rocked to sleep or is content with having her bottom patted or hand held as long as she has a dummy which she tends to spit out once asleep.

we had the false start the other where she wouldn’t take a feed from me but then kept waking up because she was hungry

Oh I’m so sorry, it’s really hard isn’t it. Will he take a dummy? Noticed the difference between my eldest and youngest is a dummy. Youngest will be rocked to sleep or is content with having her bottom patted or hand held as long as she has a dummy which she tends to spit out once asleep.

we had the false start the other where she wouldn’t take a feed from me but then kept waking up because she was hungry
He takes the dummy but spits it out a few times when trying to get him off to sleep, it defo helps tho with settling his crying! We have been dealing with a lot with his reflux lately, seeing an osteopath next week hoping It will help! I think he’s going through a leap right now so even though I understand it’s all normal, it’s still so bloody hard when you have to be living through it 😴

• Heart
Hey everyone, haven't checked in since last week when I was talking about tongue ties. My little boy got the division done and it all went well tbh it wasn't as bad as I thought just his screaming what made me feel really mean on him 😞 anyways onto the next one.... I'm sure he is teething but it's not the bottom 2 teeth. He has been savaging my hand everytime it's near him. Then when I have looked this morn I'm sure there are hard white parts on his side gums!? Is this teeth coming through or just preparing for when they do because from what I have read they're not supposed to get these until 11 months he's only 4 months 🙈
My baby got them at 8 weeks 🤣

Nothing I do is good enough with my OH. I feel like this is it. I honestly wish he would turn around and say he wants to leave and never see us again. The idea of having to share baby Ro in different homes destroys me.
He was never like this before he was born. How do people change so much so suddenly !?!,!
But he’s become so selfish, self centred & nasty for no reason.
I know people say not to make drastic decisions in the first yea but how much tit must someone allow!?!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Nothing I do is good enough with my OH. I feel like this is it. I honestly wish he would turn around and say he wants to leave and never see us again. The idea of having to share baby Ro in different homes destroys me.
He was never like this before he was born. How do people change so much so suddenly !?!,!
But he’s become so selfish, self centred & nasty for no reason.
I know people say not to make drastic decisions in the first yea but how much tit must someone allow!?!
I'm so sorry 🙁 could you ask someone to look after baby Ro for a couple of hours and go for a nice walk/a coffee with him so you're relaxed and in neutral territory, and then have a serious conversation about how he's making you feel and why he's behaving so differently? Sometimes men panic because they feel inadequate/useless or left out, and they express it by behaving childishly and being nasty. It's worth trying to talk to him about it as a first step, and then depending how that goes you can think about what to do after that. Sorry you're having to go through it though 🙁

Reactions: 4
I'm so sorry 🙁 could you ask someone to look after baby Ro for a couple of hours and go for a nice walk/a coffee with him so you're relaxed and in neutral territory, and then have a serious conversation about how he's making you feel and why he's behaving so differently? Sometimes men panic because they feel inadequate/useless or left out, and they express it by behaving childishly and being nasty. It's worth trying to talk to him about it as a first step, and then depending how that goes you can think about what to do after that. Sorry you're having to go through it though 🙁
We’ve done this a few times (although not out the house but when baby Ro is asleep of an evening) and most of the time he sees no wrong in what he’s said / how he’s behaved, or he’ll say sorry and then do it again in a few days.
I always say “I’m not going to keep letting this slide, I’m not this person anymore” after being in emotionally abusive relationships my whole life so far until now- although I feel like I’ve stepped back into one recently.
I wish we had waited just a bit longer to have baby Ro, although I don’t regret him at all I wonder if we would have split up before getting to this point had we been together maybe an extra few years.
You’re exactly right on the childish front, he acts so hard done by when literally everything is thought of and done by me?
I now see so many red flags in stuff he used to say about his ex, granted she was nasty (ended up getting with his own brother) however I can see why she was paranoid over him.
He’s always been very secretive with things and that paired with behaviour change makes me wonder what else is going on.
He works from home and literally only leaves to go for runs, but I still think what if there’s something else to it.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My baby is 19 weeks? When should he be in the stroller not carry cot? As I thought this was at 6 months but I’ve seen someone with there baby a similar age in a stroller.

My baby is 19 weeks? When should he be in the stroller not carry cot? As I thought this was at 6 months but I’ve seen someone with there baby a similar age in a stroller.
I changed them when they start rolling because I was fed up, especially this time, of her rolling over and getting mad 🤣
Which was just before 4 months.

The times before were around 4 months too because especially with my 2nd, she was a big baby.
My first just hated it anyway and wanted to look around

I had to put mine in at 12 weeks because he’s really long and physically didn’t fit in the bassinet. I just leave it lying down 🤷‍♀️
---
Oh really 🤔 so it's not that unusual. I couldn't find anything about the side teeth coming in first it was all about the front bottom ones 🙈
I think it is unusual babies generally get their front teeth first it’s not a problem though

I put baby lights in the seat around 22/23 weeks as he'd outgrown the carry cot, he's 6 months now and we still mostly keep the seat flat as he's not quite sitting yet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.