New baby and post birth advice #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks you for the reassurance.

Ladies that are breast feeding and getting their periods back, mine ‘came back’ sooner than expected but now at nearly 8 months I’ve had 3 & really only this last one was ‘proper’. Annoying to not be regular but better than every 3 weeks.

Does anyone know, if you’re not having periods and you go back on the pill does it cause them to restart?

Reactions: 1
I have a sleepyhead and it was great, especially in the early days. We bought it in a sleep induced haze when she would only sleep on me (I know that’s normal but I was falling asleep with her on me and it scared me). She started sleeping 4/5 hours on her own the first night we used it. Again, I know they’re not recommended for overnight sleep but I did my research and couldn’t find a single SIDS case involving the use of a sleepyhead in a cot. It’s also about balancing risks - I’m a very light sleeper anyway, and was getting so tired I almost crashed the car, which to me was a far higher risk! We also used it for daytime naps every now and again, and for playtime and just for somewhere for her to chill while I’m in the shower etc. it’s been worth it’s weight in gold for us, but at 4 months she’s now grown out of it for sleeping really and wants to be able to move around. Sorry for the essay 😂

Also, had some light cramping and spotting and think my period is on its way. Real kick in the teeth given I’m breastfeeding and baby is currently waking 5-7 times a night 🙃🙃🙃

I really think sometimes you’ve just got to do what’s best for you and your baby and what’s safer than exhaustingly falling asleep whilst still holding them.
I was told I can’t co sleep but she won’t go down and it’s safer me lying us both down sadly next to each other then falling asleep with her in my arms.

Ohh boo to period!!

Reactions: 2
Anyone tell me what we're supposed to do when you've got a pushchair, a 3 year old and the baby changing has no toilets in?!
Usually I go in the disabled. But they're locked with keys and the lady kindly told me I wasn't disabled so couldn't get in 😑 always wondered what they expect us to do😂
Re- disabled toilet keys. You can buy the keys on Amazon, they’re universal. Just put Radar key in the search bar.
You’ll soon get to know which shops have the best toilet facilities - my Sainsbury's has a changing room with toilets but my Tesco doesn’t.

I’ve moaned about lack of sleep since baby was born so please tell me why I sat up looking at holidays for an hour after her 4am feed this morning instead of going back to sleep 😂
I ordered 90s style jeans from H&M around that time instead of going back to sleep 😑😂😂

• Haha
Re- disabled toilet keys. You can buy the keys on Amazon, they’re universal. Just put Radar key in the search bar.
You’ll soon get to know which shops have the best toilet facilities - my Sainsbury's has a changing room with toilets but my Tesco doesn’t.
I've learnt most places as my oldest is 8. So I know the facilities most places have but
I rarely go out by myself with the kids as I struggle anyway so my partner is always with me so at least it's easier then!

I love lactulose that’s all I have to contribute today but YAAAAAS I love it. Ps sleep how you feel is best it is so hard to get babies to sleep / in a routine I like the purflow next but I know someone people like to co sleep etc only we all know our babies 👶 🥰 xx

@WhatABore you should have reminded her not all disabilities are visible. Obviously I have no idea of your own situation, but if she said that to someone with an “invisible” disability it would be horrendous.

Reactions: 6
Moan time from me:

my kids have been horrible recently 🙈 there has been more whining, fighting and poor behaviour in the last 5 days than we’ve ever had. And to top it off the baby is in a really fussy phase and I am spending all day telling people off, or trying to shush the baby, and generally life is not very fun these last few days, for any of us. I hate being grumpy mum 😭😭

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Moan time from me:

my kids have been horrible recently 🙈 there has been more whining, fighting and poor behaviour in the last 5 days than we’ve ever had. And to top it off the baby is in a really fussy phase and I am spending all day telling people off, or trying to shush the baby, and generally life is not very fun these last few days, for any of us. I hate being grumpy mum 😭😭

Sending you a big hug! 💖

• Heart
Moan time from me:

sending love. Kids can be right arseholes, I’m sure they all get together and decide to play up at the same time. I hope it gets better for you soon

• Heart
I love lactulose that’s all I have to contribute today but YAAAAAS I love it. Ps sleep how you feel is best it is so hard to get babies to sleep / in a routine I like the purflow next but I know someone people like to co sleep etc only we all know our babies 👶 🥰 xx
Thanks @Easilyannoyed I’m going to try one of those purflows. As soon as baby is put down her eyes ping open so we’ll see. 🤞

Moan time from me:

Those days can feel so long..I've felt like I'm a grumpy mum too recently and I've only got one. You're doing a fab job!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Moan time from me:

Noo sorry to hear that, bet you’re sick of the sound of your own voice! Is it school holidays for you? A couple of my friends have all their kids at home this week and I think everyone is feeling it!

Has anyone made their own lactation cookies/smoothies using flaxseed and brewers yeast?
just wondering best place to buy ingredients (uk)

I bought glow in the dark dummies - game changer!
Moan time from me:

my 4 year old has been talking back and just generally being cheeky. It’s really unlike her she has just started school so I’m blaming that. I think she’s struggling with half term and not being at school. Pray for me for the six weeks next year 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Delighted to hear his kidneys are fine, I’m sure that’s such a weight off your mind. I hope you get a nice relaxing evening and his bad tummy clears up ASAP x

@Hairraiser have been thinking of you, hope you’re ok
Hi @Definitelyme you are so sweet to be thinking of me.
I’m doing ok, all things considered.
Although finding the weaning stage really difficult, I’m constantly worried if I’m doing it right and if he is enjoying it.
hope you’re ok too and half term is treating you well so far ❤

• Heart
Hi @Definitelyme you are so sweet to be thinking of me.
I’m doing ok, all things considered.
Although finding the weaning stage really difficult, I’m constantly worried if I’m doing it right and if he is enjoying it.
hope you’re ok too and half term is treating you well so far ❤
How long have you been weaning for? It’s not my
Favourite thing to do but now we’ve been doing it about 6 weeks I feel like I’m getting there. Just takes so much organisation and cleaning 😆 were just about to transition into 2 meals a day

Noo sorry to hear that, bet you’re sick of the sound of your own voice! Is it school holidays for you? A couple of my friends have all their kids at home this week and I think everyone is feeling it!
It is the holidays, we’ve come away for a few days and we’ve all been really looking forward to it, but it’s not had a great start because of a few things. Hoping it picks up (and this evening was much nicer) as I really enjoy having everyone with me and not being bound by the school day. Weirdly after the last 18 months it seems so normal to have them home, I do quite miss them when they’re at school (although I don’t say that much the last week of august 🤣)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.