Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Blair-Waldorf

VIP Member
@Blair-Waldorf how's little man doing?
Not good 😢 we’re back in hospital. He seemed ok this morning albeit taking a lot less milk but having wet nappies. He had 2oz at 7, then 1 and 10 then wouldn’t take anything at 1. I went to change his nappy and noticed his feet were blueish and freezing and so we’re his hands. His legs were all mottled so I panicked and came back to hospital. It was bedlam in A&E, I think the strep a thing has scared a lot of people so no one is taking any chances and rightly so. But they took him straight through. They’ve admitted him and put an NG tube in. They also think he’s got a hole in his heart which is a complete shock 😢 thank you for thinking of us. I’ll keep you all posted x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33

Blair-Waldorf

VIP Member
Hey girls, sorry for late reply, thank you all for the lovely comments and for checking on us. He got a bed on the neuro ward last night, waiting for lumbar puncture results as they think he’s got a brain infection and they want to rule out meningitis. He’s had a couple of feeds through the tube and he’s on oxygen. It was awful getting the cannula in for the IV but he is settled for now xx

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Blair-Waldorf

VIP Member
We’re home finally ❤ He’s still not 100% but loads better. He’s lost weight I can tell 😢 but he will soon be back to his chunky self. Prob a few sleepless nights ahead but who cares. Thanks again for all your kind messages xx

Awe I wish I could say the same .....my first born has always struggled (7 years old now and still struggles), I remember having to use vaseline and having to assist a few on their way out ....the things we do for our kids 🤢🙈
I also did this with my eldest 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 28

WhatABore

VIP Member
So just to join in some baking chat.
I baked some cookies today. Been meaning to do them for a while. Super simple.. Like this..
IMG_20221213_192945.jpg

I present to you... My attempt...

IMG_20221213_193019.jpg

IMG_20221213_193005.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 27

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
If anyone would like to know what true chaos is. We had 20 sets of twins under 5 at our multiples club Xmas party this morning 😅😅😅. I need a lie down, my ears are ringing from the noise ….
I feel exhausted for you😂😂😂

Hello, I'm on the verge of a breakdown. A good one may I add.
Twin 2 is really trying to stand all by her lonesome. Her little legs give in because they're very week but she won't stop trying 😭😭
We also got a date for her button fitting today so we can stop with NG feeds and I'm all levels of emotional. She's trying her god damn hardest🥹🥹🥹

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Chrisxo

VIP Member
Can I just say how helpful this thread is… motherhood can be so lonely but having people to relate to makes it that much more bare able thank you all for not judging me and my struggles 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Borntorun

VIP Member
Sooo turns out both my kids have Strep A 🙃 and I can’t get hold of the antibiotics because the pharmacies have run out

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow

wakametango 2.0

VIP Member
Update no one wanted: he messaged the wrong lady LOL he’s unsent the message to the poor lady and is leaving it all there 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Just absolutely shit myself because I was just setting up the monitor and I saw a ghost on it right next to the cot. Then I realised it has a split second delay and the ghost was, in fact, just me waltzing round in my dressing gown.

• Haha
Reactions: 24

morsbar98

Baby girl went to her dads this evening, the usual 4 hours. She came back with a massive bump on her head. He made out like it was no big deal. Brought her to A&E for peace of mind because I wasn’t there when it happened.. the doctors told me there was no way my 4 month old could of gotten the bump the way he told me. I’m actually heart broken for her, even the thought of her being in pain kills me.

really thinking of all the sick mums and babies. Mums you’re doing amazing and the babies are so resilient they are stronger than we think..!!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24

WhatABore

VIP Member
Today has not been a good day 😂
Can't get out of feeling miserable.

So I've put the youngest 2 in bed.
Woke my partner up.
Told him I'm going for a bath.
Grabbed a big bag of Doritos with a pot of dip and locked the door.
And now I'm sitting in the bath, Doritos resting on my legs, dip resting on my boobs. 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Dipdab

VIP Member
If anyone would like to know what true chaos is. We had 20 sets of twins under 5 at our multiples club Xmas party this morning 😅😅😅. I need a lie down, my ears are ringing from the noise ….

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
Has anyone had an update from small potato and the baking potato lately?
Yes! Little Potato is playing a guide dog in his nativity. He chose the role himself because he is a legend.
Also, she's having a baby girl🥰
Her pregnancy is going great, Mr Potato is looking after her excellently & she's finally stopped working & listening to her body!

• Heart
  • Haha

wakametango 2.0

VIP Member
Not sure of which part shocks me more - the forwardness of the random lady, the old school letter, or the fact she gave her socials instead of a number?! 🤣 hilarious though! Mr Waka ⬇⬇ 🤣

I told him to message her, am I mad 🤣 I thought she may accuse her friend of not giving the letter or wonder for the rest of her life why he didn’t respond. He sent her a message on Instagram to say thank you but he’s in a relationship (… get this bit.. ) but would be interested if he wasn’t 😂😂 I had to explain to him how that was a step too far. He’s now mortified and gone all uncomfortable and awkward & is going to block her
Best laugh I’ve had in ages

• Haha
  • Wow

Definitelyme

VIP Member
The update absolutely nobody asked for:

the Tupperware lid has been found. it was 100% not the KW’s fault. 7Me did in fact leave it at school, and another mum sent a msg in the group WhatsApp asking did someone own it. KW is smug as a smuggy smuggerson.

• Haha

onlyheretoorbit

VIP Member
So I have a day off work today and baby o is a nursery… so how am I treating myself I hear you ask? A lie in? A pamper day? A nice day out?

I’m doing ✨errands✨… and I couldn’t be fucking happier. So far I’ve been to the chemist to collect a prescription, popped to Morrisons and then come home and pulled the furniture out and done a Big Hoover while singing to the radio. I’m genuinely buzzing.

When did I become this person???

• Haha
  • Heart

Blair-Waldorf

VIP Member
We’ve all started to feel a lot better! 🙌🏻 Baby Runner is probably left as the worst off (I’m still not entirely sure the doctors decision that she didn’t need abx was the right one…) but she’s only spiked a temp once in the last 24 hours, and she’s sleeping a fair bit so I guess that’s her body’s way of resting and recovering
So glad things are improving ❤ xx
@cupcake_face omg don’t be silly, sickness bugs are absolute hell, sending you a hug xx

Baby is improving 🙌🏼 he’s had a couple of bottle feeds and has come off the oxygen. Antibiotics are obviously working. Thanks again for all the lovely comments. I wish we all knew each other in real life! Feel like you’re all there for me more than the people I actually do know 😂❤

• Heart

WhatABore

VIP Member
Update nobody asked for 😂

Had the 4yos follow up appointment today after the 2 weeks in hospital and 4 weeks of antibiotics.
Everything is completely clear! They were really surprised considering how bad it was with all the pneumonia/Pleurisy/fluid/collapsed lung ect.

They think it was Aspirational Pneumonia rather than caused by a virus ect based on how bad it got and how quick it got bad

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

onlyheretoorbit

VIP Member
KW rant

I’ve been feeling really resentful and disconnected from him lately anyway, he’s been fuck all help while baby o has been poorly and he barely spends an hour a day with her.
But tonight baby o suddenly had exorcist style projectile vomiting (she seems fine again now, I think I accidentally gave her an old bottle from her nursery bag) so I grabbed her off KWs lap and put her on the hard floor thinking she can keep vomiting and I’ll wipe it up after.
KW pisses me off for two reasons:
1. He starts barking instructions at me ‘go and put her in the bath, take her off me etc’ - this fucks me off anyway, when I do 95% of the work and then he has the audacity to think he can tell me what I should do
2. I did get in the bath eventually and was washing her off when he comes upstairs. I asked him to please wipe up the sick off the hard floor and the rug, anti bac the hard floor and put a tea towel over any wet stains on the rug (to absorb any sick before it sinks in). And he’s like ‘it’s fine I’ve cleaned it’, so - knowing what his version of clean is vs mine - started asking him if he’d found the anti bac wipes etc to which he just shouted over me ‘I said I’ve done it stop nagging’
Come downstairs and he’s basically wiped the puddles up with a dirty tea towel 🙃 so after spending all afternoon hoovering and mopping, I’ve got smeary sick marks on the floor and the rug stinks if vomit.
I’m so sick of not being able to rely on him for anything. Every thing he does do (1 nursery run and 2 bedtimes a week) he has to be micromanaged to fucking do it properly. I feel like a single parent 90% of the time anyway but then when he’s here my life is no easier - it’s actually harder.
If I was financially stable enough I think I’d leave him.

• Heart
  • Sad
Lurker but now a poster, hello fellow tatts. At an all time low this evening. We have a 1yo, I know most parents say it but I couldn’t ask for a better baby. I’m starting to think I developed depression in pregnancy and it has spiralled to the point I have just sat and cried for hours this evening, I’m so unhappy with my weight, I’m bigger now than I was pregnant. I feel really alone and can’t rely on the friends I do have, I just feel as though I’ll confide in one person and it is either brushed under the carpet or I’m worried it’ll be a bigger deal than it is and everyone will know about it, sorry for rambling but I don’t know what my point is or what my plan of action is 😩

• Heart