New baby and post birth advice #34 Just press the tummy to turn it off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don't apologise! Vent away!
Poor little mite😔 have they swabbed him to see if it could be anything else other than bronchitis?!
Hopefully the nebs help him and he starts to perk up over the next 24hrs😪
Yeah they’ve done a couple of swabs, I’m assuming from what they’re saying it’s RSV as they’re not treating with antibiotics but no one’s said anything outright as per, but it’s just getting worse 😩 I’ve come back and he’s gone back to below 90s even on a fair amount of mask o2 + nose prongs. So frustrating for him. Hoping he’ll perk up soon, hate seeing him so unwell! X

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Seek urgent mental health treatment cause I can only assume this is the result of a complete breakdown 🤣
So last year she asked for a Halloween party and I was all heavily pregnant and hormonal and so agreed (I had lots of guilt about how much she’d miss out on my attention when she wasn’t a spoilt only child anymore….) and then this year she just started talking about it like it’s now just this fun annual tradition our family does 😂

I think I’ve sourced a new bouncy castle. It may all be okay. If not, my back up plan is parachute games (the fact I own a parachute probs says too much about what type of parent I am..)

Last year I let 10 toddlers do messy play in my lounge at Halloween. That perhaps was testing the limits of what can be defined as ‘sane’

Thanks everyone ❤

If it was up to me, no, absolutely not, and I do think I'm going to be a bit firmer. I've already said he's not going anywhere overnight for a looooong time.
It’s biologically normal to not want to leave your baby. Don’t let anyone else try and make you feel like it’s a problem. Stand your ground next time and I hope it goes smoother for you

(adding it’s also normal to feel like you need time away from them too, this isn’t a right or wrong scenario)

• Heart
  • Haha
You too!
We're late doing it really, he's 7 months tomorrow but we've not been in a rush and I don't think it'll help his sleep, it'll just mean I've got further to stagger out of bed to get to him haha.
Yes he's now a trek down the landing to get to him and he still wakes up for a feed every night so not sure I'm going to get much from this really haha. He looks so tiny in his massive cot 😭

@WhatABore @Sailorontheseasea thinking of you all ❤ So frustrating when you're doing all you can, but still feel like you should be able to do something more. Don't be too hard on yourselves during all this ❤ You're superstars!

@Celeste my MIL keeps "casually" saying she wants Kitten to stay overnight, the guestroom is now being referred to as the Kitten room. It drives me absolutely bonkers.
I hate leaving Kitten somewhere else (apart from daycare or with MrCat). We went out one evening when she was around 6 months old (first time since having her). She stayed with my brother and SIL. She had a good time and me too, kinda, but I just wanted to go home to her. We haven't gone out together (me & mrCat that is) since, which MrCat doesn't really like, but I just spend the evening missing her, it's not really enjoyable for me. I'm a protective momma bear, I need to be with my little cub ❤
Kitten's not going for any sleepovers any time soon.

Kitten turned 1 today! I can't quite believe it!
We had some people over and she got loads of gifts and ate her first ever cupcake. It was really nice 😊
Felt bittersweet that my dad just missed her birthday by not even 2 weeks... My mom cried a bit when the other guests had left. It's just so unfair...

• Heart
Reactions: 20
@WhatABore @Sailorontheseasea thinking of you all ❤ So frustrating when you're doing all you can, but still feel like you should be able to do something more. Don't be too hard on yourselves during all this ❤ You're superstars!

@Celeste my MIL keeps "casually" saying she wants Kitten to stay overnight, the guestroom is now being referred to as the Kitten room. It drives me absolutely bonkers.
I hate leaving Kitten somewhere else (apart from daycare or with MrCat). We went out one evening when she was around 6 months old (first time since having her). She stayed with my brother and SIL. She had a good time and me too, kinda, but I just wanted to go home to her. We haven't gone out together (me & mrCat that is) since, which MrCat doesn't really like, but I just spend the evening missing her, it's not really enjoyable for me. I'm a protective momma bear, I need to be with my little cub ❤

We had some people over and she got loads of gifts and ate her first ever cupcake. It was really nice 😊
Felt bittersweet that my dad just missed her birthday by not even 2 weeks... My mom cried a bit when the other guests had left. It's just so unfair...
Happy 1st birthday beautiful little Kitten❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Happy birthday Kitten!

My parents also like to talk about sleepovers, but then in the next breath reiterate that he needs to be sleeping in his own bed. Which obviously he doesn’t. And then I get offered helpful advice about needing to be firm and refusing to go to him ‘so that he learns’.
Yeah no. Not for me in general, and definitely not just so I can qualify for a babysit I didn’t ask for.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
KW went out to watch football today, was supposed to be having a few drinks (haven’t we heard that one before) and dinner after and said he wouldn’t be late.

He doesn’t have a key because we’re living at my parents still, so I’m having to wait up to let him in. Messaged him at 11 and he was on the bus to the tube station. Messaged again about 10 mins ago because I’m tired and thought he’d be back by now… he’d fallen asleep (drunk) on the tube and woke up at the end of the line, no less than an hour and a half from where we live - not even on the right line either!

He’s now got to travel 25 stops back into London to try and change to get another tube and then a bus home. I haven’t been to sleep yet, won’t be able to sleep properly until he’s back and the baby is now shifting around in her travel cot which means any minute now she’ll be crying to come into bed with me.

Honestly. Just ffs 😤

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Just love it when the clocks go back. Both kids fully awake at 4:44, despite putting them to bed an hour late last night

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Just love it when the clocks go back. Both kids fully awake at 4:44, despite putting them to bed an hour late last night
My poor husband has been up since 4 with the toddler despite a later bedtime, baby has managed until now and might go back to sleep if toddler plays a bit more quietly so I'll take that.

Obviously had a shocker of a night prior to that though, think baby only managed in his cot until like 11:30pm (with 3 wake ups between bedtime and then 🙃)

Baby woke up at 5.30 and I’m well stroppy about it but not that tired, just realised clocks went back so it’s actually like 6.30 which makes it better (although she was awake every 45 minutes which makes it much much worse) 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 1
KW eventually came in at 3.30, I fell asleep finally just after and baby has been in my bed awake since 6.30. I’m giving in and taking her downstairs now but he’s still asleep of course. God he’s going such an earful when he wakes up 😤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I wish it was as simple as putting them to bed later to make them sleep in later 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It's my FIL's birthday today and we are going round to their house for lunch, it's nothing fancy, just soup and to hang out, not even all of his children are coming etc.
But because he made a jokey comment to 3yo the other day when he said bye saying "see you in a few days for my party!" she has been awake since 3am bouncing around asking how long until we go to grandad's party and whether there will be a bouncy castle and balloons and party games and no amount of telling her will convince her those things won't happen 🤦

For his birthday he might get murdered 🤣 husband was tempted to put her in the car at about 5am and take her to their house seeing as this is their fault!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
KW eventually came in at 3.30, I fell asleep finally just after and baby has been in my bed awake since 6.30. I’m giving in and taking her downstairs now but he’s still asleep of course. God he’s going such an earful when he wakes up 😤
He wins KW of the week 😤😒

Reactions: 3
3:30 wake up here babyelf first then he made so much noise shouting at me and KW to get up 5yo woke up too 😊 its going to be a long day

These hospital beds are so uncomfortable.
The only way I can describe how it feels when I've been laying here for a while is... When whales beach themselves and they say that they can die from their own weight crushing them being on land.

That is how I feel on this bed 😂 Everything hurts.

That is all.

• Haha
KW took me out for dinner for my birthday last night so MIL babysat. Normally I put baby to bed and then go but I let MIL do it this time. Normally bedtime is at 6.30 and baby is asleep by 7. MIL text at 8 to say she wasn’t asleep - just laying in her cot head butting and crying 😰
Anyway, we got home and realised MIL had left her bedroom open and the landing light on so baby’s bedroom was lit up. She probably thought MIL was coming back for her 😑
Anyway she was up at 5.30 and I had a few too many wines last night so there’s a lot of screen time and biscuits for breakfast 🥴

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.