New baby and post birth advice #32 Seven gallons of boob

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On the weight chat, I haven't gained any weight since having Everleigh but I'm the same how my shape has changed. I've had to go up a clothes size and even sometimes that's tight.
And to top it off,
I sat up on the edge of the bed this morning and the bed broke.
So.
Yeah. šŸ˜‚
I remember our bed broke when I was pregnant with my 9yo. We were both in bed, asleep, and it collapsed, and my husband was all ā€œI canā€™t believe youā€™re so big it broke the bedā€ thanks mate šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Weight wise Iā€™m at my pre pregnancy weight, but same as others have said my body just looks completely different now. Everything looksā€¦ softer? More pudgy šŸ˜‚ and my hips are much wider so finding jeans to fit has been a nightmare.

Formula to cows milk. Those who have made the switch, did anyone do a straight swap with success? Iā€™m tempted as I bulk by and my supply is going to run out just before they turn 1 šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø But not sure if they need to be weaned off formula? (Buzzing to retire my prep machine and get some kitchen counter space back šŸ™ŒšŸ¼)
We did a couple of days of half formula/half cows milk, but that was just because I had some of the pre made bottles to use up. Was also buzzing to get rid of the prep machine and the steriliser!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I remember our bed broke when I was pregnant with my 9yo. We were both in bed, asleep, and it collapsed, and my husband was all ā€œI canā€™t believe youā€™re so big it broke the bedā€ thanks mate šŸ¤£
My partner was at work last night so I can't even blame him šŸ˜‚

He text me saying he'd had a crap night and work and I responded with "Ummm. Just to make your night worse, I broke the bed." šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 2
My partner was at work last night so I can't even blame him šŸ˜‚

He text me saying he'd had a crap night and work and I responded with "Ummm. Just to make your night worse, I broke the bed." šŸ˜‚
I am sure it was a bed on the edge and it was just the last straw! Shame it wasnā€™t MrBore who had it happen though, you could have held it over his head for a while šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Popped this under a spolier just incase it triggers anyone. Does anyone else have issues with body image after pregnancy? I'm on my 3rd now and I feel completley shite about myself. I'm back down to pre pregnancy weight of 10st and I'm 5"6 ish so not overweight but I just feel gross. Doesn't help we went out with family today and my sister is stick thin after 3 kids and just looks amazing, always being complimented etc and I'm just sat there feeling awful about myself.

Pre kids when I was like 8st I thought I was huge as well and obviously wasn't, I just feel like I'll never be happy with myself :(
I feel the same, I feel so gross and self conscious about my body after pregnancy. As other have said Iā€™m back to my pre pregnancy weight, but my shape has changed so much that I donā€™t feel anywhere near the same as before and nothing fits. My boobs are horrendously saggy now after feeding my chunky baby, they actually make me want to weep when I look at them šŸ˜… and my pouch at the bottom of my stomach is just so bad, I canā€™t find any jeans that look right on me, Iā€™m close to giving up after ordering so many pairs and returning them all. Itā€™s so hard to find your style again after having a baby, I find I just look for clothes that I can hide behind.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Had a (major) wobble today. Baby Bluebird refused sleep all day again and was a cranky one; itā€™s either napping for 3+ hours or nothing with her. KLM cancelled my flight to America and itā€™s been a nightmare finding a new flight that balances time away vs time for the wedding. Not to mention, Iā€™m experiencing major anxiety about leaving her Friday to Monday. Weā€™ve never been apart and now 2 new people (in laws) are taking care of her and what if she rejects me when Iā€™m home. No matter what decision I make, Iā€™ll regret it ā€” leaving her and if sheā€™s miserable , or missing my brotherā€™s wedding. Or sheā€™s totally fine and all is well, itā€™s hard to say. And I feel guilt because, to be quite honest, I need a break and would like to feel like my ā€œoldā€ self for a little bit ā€” take a bath, have some wine, my day not be dictated by naps.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Iā€™m finding what to wear really hard too. Iā€™ve been shopping for some new work clothes - only 2 days a week in the office and itā€™s fairly casual - but Iā€™ve ordered and sent back so much. Things either look too young on me, or frumpy and boringā€¦ really struggling to find that in between!

Popped this under a spolier just incase it triggers anyone. Does anyone else have issues with body image after pregnancy? I'm on my 3rd now and I feel completley shite about myself. I'm back down to pre pregnancy weight of 10st and I'm 5"6 ish so not overweight but I just feel gross. Doesn't help we went out with family today and my sister is stick thin after 3 kids and just looks amazing, always being complimented etc and I'm just sat there feeling awful about myself.

Pre kids when I was like 8st I thought I was huge as well and obviously wasn't, I just feel like I'll never be happy with myself :(
Same as others. And the irony that I type this having just finished a tub of ice cream is not lost on me :(

Iā€™m finding what to wear really hard too. Iā€™ve been shopping for some new work clothes - only 2 days a week in the office and itā€™s fairly casual - but Iā€™ve ordered and sent back so much. Things either look too young on me, or frumpy and boringā€¦ really struggling to find that in between!
Ugh I'm dreading this, I haven't had to regularly work in the office since spring 2021, and similar to loads of others on here I am the same size as I was pre babies but my stomach just seems so soft and my waist has disappeared!
Plus I think just being in my thirties now and used to just wearing jeans and jumpers basically every day I feel like none of my old office clothes are going to feel right.

Ugh I'm dreading this, I haven't had to regularly work in the office since spring 2021, and similar to loads of others on here I am the same size as I was pre babies but my stomach just seems so soft and my waist has disappeared!
Plus I think just being in my thirties now and used to just wearing jeans and jumpers basically every day I feel like none of my old office clothes are going to feel right.
Yeah I havenā€™t been in the office since before covid! I used to always wear little dresses with tights and shoes but that feels too formal now. Thereā€™s no consistency either - one of my work mates wears leggings and T-shirts but I feel way too casual in those.

The worst thing is you end up overthinking it, spending a fortune on clothes and no one else cares anyway šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 4
I hated being pregnant. Loved newborn, hate 4months+ (not the baby, just the things they all get so frustrated at not being able to do) and baby is a whirlwind and kids drive me madā€¦ so I like them all for about 4 months šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Ah, that is totally understandable about having another one. Because of how baby Rita was born, can they monitor you closer?
Iā€™m not really sure, I donā€™t know how these things work, it didnā€™t really affect anything until after birth so? Itā€™s something I would have to look into. The thought terrifies me but I donā€™t feel ready to say never again!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Yeah I havenā€™t been in the office since before covid! I used to always wear little dresses with tights and shoes but that feels too formal now. Thereā€™s no consistency either - one of my work mates wears leggings and T-shirts but I feel way too casual in those.

The worst thing is you end up overthinking it, spending a fortune on clothes and no one else cares anyway šŸ˜‚
Same, I wore a lot of short dresses and tights and that's just not me any more! I should probably start panicking about this soon while I still have a few months to panic šŸ˜‚

A few of us are also over on the toddler thread
Catching up and pretending I didnā€™t see this so I donā€™t have to admit baby Waka is in fact NOT a baby anymore šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ Iā€™m never leaving!

I thought Iā€™d care but I just donā€™t! If itā€™s clean, Iā€™m wearing it. In fact I wore a hoodie on Thursday and I looked down at 10am and it had 3 massive milk stains from baby Waka. Did I take it off? No šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 8
None of you are allowed to leave thanks. I expect to be coming here when baby o is a moody teenager.

Well, Iā€™m officially back at work tomorrow šŸ˜­ Iā€™m wfh do it doesnā€™t feel too daunting, but I do feel a bit wobbly about mat leave being over. It feels like the end of quite a monumental chapter and of course Iā€™m plagued by the thoughts of whether I made enough of the time now that Iā€™ll never get it back šŸ™ˆ

• Heart
Reactions: 14
None of you are allowed to leave thanks. I expect to be coming here when baby o is a moody teenager.

Well, Iā€™m officially back at work tomorrow šŸ˜­ Iā€™m wfh do it doesnā€™t feel too daunting, but I do feel a bit wobbly about mat leave being over. It feels like the end of quite a monumental chapter and of course Iā€™m plagued by the thoughts of whether I made enough of the time now that Iā€™ll never get it back šŸ™ˆ
Same here - also back tomorrow, also wfh and also sitting here thinking about all the days I didnā€™t really do much and wishing Iā€™d done more!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Iā€™m only back to work after the weekend but also dreading it šŸ˜‚. Why canā€™t we be paid a good wage to stay at home with our babies šŸ„ŗ.

Good luck everyone going back tomorrow. I also regretted not doing more on my mat leave but at the time I didnā€™t want to do anything at all šŸ¤£. Typical!

Reactions: 5
The thing is I know I need to go back for my well-being. I love baby o more than I thought possible but I am not cut out for sahm life (giving massive credit to the ladies here that do it) - this week sheā€™s being doing her half days at nursery and I hate to say it but I genuinely think Iā€™m a better mum for it. I feel like when sheā€™s home Iā€™m so much more engaged, more patient etc

But I do feel sad that mat leave has passed because itā€™s just another milestone and new phase of life starting so I think itā€™s natural to feel a sense of grief that sheā€™s not my tiny little baby anymore.

Anyway Iā€™ve got Wednesdays off so I feel like Iā€™ve still got that bit of time just her and me. The realtest will be Tuesday when Iā€™m in the office and KW has to do the nursery drop offā€¦ I might be rehoming him by Wednesday!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
good luck tomorrow @Lulu Goss and @onlyheretoorbit ā¤ It can be hard being back and trying to split yourself, working like you always did, and trying to parent like you donā€™t work. Just be kind to yourself these next weeks while the dust settles x

• Heart
Like a lot of you Iā€™m not enjoying my pp bod, mostly my boobs I look like blimmin barbie they donā€™t fit my frame at all. Am hoping the lose skin around my belly button firms up too. I want to buy some nice jeans but thinking it might be too soon yet, maybe Iā€™ll get some cheapies as I donā€™t really want to keep wearing my maternity ones!

The thing is I know I need to go back for my well-being. I love baby o more than I thought possible but I am not cut out for sahm life (giving massive credit to the ladies here that do it) - this week sheā€™s being doing her half days at nursery and I hate to say it but I genuinely think Iā€™m a better mum for it. I feel like when sheā€™s home Iā€™m so much more engaged, more patient etc

But I do feel sad that mat leave has passed because itā€™s just another milestone and new phase of life starting so I think itā€™s natural to feel a sense of grief that sheā€™s not my tiny little baby anymore.

Anyway Iā€™ve got Wednesdays off so I feel like Iā€™ve still got that bit of time just her and me. The realtest will be Tuesday when Iā€™m in the office and KW has to do the nursery drop offā€¦ I might be rehoming him by Wednesday!
I am like you, 100% a better mum when I have that time to myself at work! And youā€™ll really appreciate those wednesdays too.

Had a (major) wobble today. Baby Bluebird refused sleep all day again and was a cranky one; itā€™s either napping for 3+ hours or nothing with her. KLM cancelled my flight to America and itā€™s been a nightmare finding a new flight that balances time away vs time for the wedding. Not to mention, Iā€™m experiencing major anxiety about leaving her Friday to Monday. Weā€™ve never been apart and now 2 new people (in laws) are taking care of her and what if she rejects me when Iā€™m home. No matter what decision I make, Iā€™ll regret it ā€” leaving her and if sheā€™s miserable , or missing my brotherā€™s wedding. Or sheā€™s totally fine and all is well, itā€™s hard to say. And I feel guilt because, to be quite honest, I need a break and would like to feel like my ā€œoldā€ self for a little bit ā€” take a bath, have some wine, my day not be dictated by naps.
Give yourself some more credit, your baby will definitely not reject you. I have heard of some babies being a bit sulky but also youā€™ll most likely get to see the pure joy on her face when you return. I hope you sort the flights out ok, it will be such an amazing break you will return quite rejuvenated from that ā€œmeā€ time (Iā€™m not at all jealous šŸ„²)

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.