New baby and post birth advice #32 Seven gallons of boob

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Formula to cows milk. Those who have made the switch, did anyone do a straight swap with success? I’m tempted as I bulk by and my supply is going to run out just before they turn 1 🤷‍♀️ But not sure if they need to be weaned off formula? (Buzzing to retire my prep machine and get some kitchen counter space back 🙌🏼)
We always just switch straight away.
We ran out of our last tin a week and a half before she turned 1 so switched then.
Wasn't buying a new tin for not even 2 weeks cause at that point she was only having 1 bottle anyway!

Reactions: 1
Popped this under a spolier just incase it triggers anyone. Does anyone else have issues with body image after pregnancy? I'm on my 3rd now and I feel completley shite about myself. I'm back down to pre pregnancy weight of 10st and I'm 5"6 ish so not overweight but I just feel gross. Doesn't help we went out with family today and my sister is stick thin after 3 kids and just looks amazing, always being complimented etc and I'm just sat there feeling awful about myself.

Pre kids when I was like 8st I thought I was huge as well and obviously wasn't, I just feel like I'll never be happy with myself :(

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Popped this under a spolier just incase it triggers anyone. Does anyone else have issues with body image after pregnancy? I'm on my 3rd now and I feel completley shite about myself. I'm back down to pre pregnancy weight of 10st and I'm 5"6 ish so not overweight but I just feel gross. Doesn't help we went out with family today and my sister is stick thin after 3 kids and just looks amazing, always being complimented etc and I'm just sat there feeling awful about myself.

Pre kids when I was like 8st I thought I was huge as well and obviously wasn't, I just feel like I'll never be happy with myself :(
Yes. Mine is awful at the moment 😔
I put on a couple of pounds, lose it and then I’m like ‘well, at least I’m not what I weighed last time’ , even though I’m over 2 stone where I want to be, and then I bloody eat more chocolate. I have a proper pouch as well, and went through about 5 outfits this morning before I was slightly comfortable in what I was wearing
It’s really getting me down, but I literally don’t have time to eat properly or exercise as I’m wfh. The only exercise I get is the school run in the morning. I’m too exhausted to go to the gym I’m paying £40 a month for.
Pre baby, I lost a stone on SW, but I can’t get my head into that.
I thought covid was why I was so fat pre baby, but I’m slightly heavier, sometimes the same, now, so it’s nothing to do with that 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Any advice on temperatures?
My 3.5 year old has been unwell since Thurs night, today he seemed better so we all went out for a walk ( he went in the babies buggy and napped!! He never even did that as a baby himself!!)
Anyway this afternoon his temp went up to 39c and went down with calpol after 4 hours it's now back to 38.2...

• Heart
Reactions: 1

For me, and I think I have said this on here before so forgive me if it is boring you🙈 but for me it’s not actually about my weight but my shape and size. So even though I weigh less now than I did before my last pregnancy (when I weighed the most I ever have in non-pregnant life) and I weigh the same as pre-kids, my body is a totally different shape. My stomach is bulgy, my hips and shoulders seem wider, and my waist isn’t very pronounced - which it really did used to be. And that all makes me feel pretty bleugh about the way I look.

Any advice on temperatures?
My 3.5 year old has been unwell since Thurs night, today he seemed better so we all went out for a walk ( he went in the babies buggy and napped!! He never even did that as a baby himself!!)
Anyway this afternoon his temp went up to 39c and went down with calpol after 4 hours it's now back to 38.2...
I would say as long as it comes down with calpol then keep dosing him up. If it’s still as high (38°+) after 24hrs and doesn’t seem to be getting any better, give your doctor or OOH a ring. A fever in itself isn’t anything to worry about as long as it doesn’t go sky high, and he is still functioning ok (drinking, peeing, talking). Remember it’s a body’s way of fighting off the germs, so whatever sickness he has it’s helping to make him better. Just keep a close eye on him and keep fluids up too.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

10000%

As @Definitelyme said its more the change in shape for me. My stomach area and my hips, my boobs...well they got so big in pregnancy and shrunk back down again twice and it hasn't done them any good at all 🙈 I've never been really body confident but i feel quite unattractive at the moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

100% I put on 3 stone during pregnancy and admittedly 2 of it was fluid from the preeclampsia so that went within weeks but I was overweight anyway, so this last stone has just tipped me over the edge. I’m just a big, white, saggy blob and I feel repulsive. Tbh my boobs get me more than anything because while I can lose weight, I know they aren’t ever going to be the same and they just make me look so old and frumpy 😭 Like others have said it’s the shape change aswell, I look so wide and dumpy now. I’m a weird combo of skinny in certain places that I never was and really fat in others, I think I lost so much muscle tone and I’ve put fat back on but only in specific places. It’s just 🤢 It’s such bullshit being a woman honestly.

• Heart
I posted a box over to Bali this evening for my Sister & her soon to be little bundle of joy🥺
So many tiny tiny baby grows. Why does it go so quick?
Ps - I hate my body, I really struggle with malnutrition because my body is broken and doesn't absorb things as they should so I'm grossly under weight, but wide, with jiggly bits. the human body is amazing, but why does it have to stay wide forever? Once the tiny human is here, hips should go back to normal.
Pps - the girls are 13months now, at what point are they a toddler and do I need to leave for the toddler thread?🥺

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Yep I hate how I look. I just live in my old baggy maternity leggings and an old tshirt most days. I used to be glamorous, fake tan, eyelashes, hair always done nice. But I have no will to do that anymore. I put on over 3 stone lost most of it once they were born due to exhaustion. Then just comfort ate chocolate biscuits.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I posted a box over to Bali this evening for my Sister & her soon to be little bundle of joy🥺
Ps - I hate my body, I really struggle with malnutrition because my body is broken and doesn't absorb things as they should so I'm grossly under weight, but wide, with jiggly bits. the human body is amazing, but why does it have to stay wide forever? Once the tiny human is here, hips should go back to normal.
Pps - the girls are 13months now, at what point are they a toddler and do I need to leave for the toddler thread?🥺

• Haha
A few of us are also over on the toddler thread 👋🏼😂

It’s such bullshit being a woman honestly.
Ain’t that the truth 😭 was having the same conversation with Mr B the other day. The stuff we have to go through 👎🏼

Reactions: 4
I'm on both. But the toddler thread I use for my 4yo 😂

Everleigh is 18 months and so is ToddlerMe and we're still here 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
How is little runner doing?

Ladies, were just gonna have to combine the new baby thread and the toddler thread because I just can't leave
I mean, I'm still on the pregnancy thread frequently. I first posted on the original Pregnancy thread. And now they're on thread 40 something 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Getting on to 18 months over here with The Beast. Though he still feeds and sleeps like a newborn so I have my place here 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
On the weight chat, I haven't gained any weight since having Everleigh but I'm the same how my shape has changed. I've had to go up a clothes size and even sometimes that's tight.
And to top it off,
I sat up on the edge of the bed this morning and the bed broke.
So.
Yeah. 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I mean, I'm still on the pregnancy thread frequently. I first posted on the original Pregnancy thread. And now they're on thread 40 something 😂
If any of you ever see me back on the pregnancy thread, you will know I have (officially) lost the plot

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.