New baby and post birth advice #32 Seven gallons of boob

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I personally find they get progressively worse. Tends to ease off once they learn how to wipe their own arse. Though even then your left with a surprise when you go to the loo because they "forget" to flush the toilet.
Or maybe I just have a rotten child 🤣
Thought you were talking about the KW for a minute 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
First things first — the devil himself designed sleep sacks with sleeves.

I’ve now ordered sleep sacks with no sleeves and will never be buying ones with sleeves again.

The past week (1.5 weeks?) has been HARD, especially since Sunday.

She’s not napping (for longer than 20-50 minutes) not accepting the boob during the day (goes in to a screaming rampage when I present the boob) and is then an over tired hungry wiggly worm who will only be held. I am physically sore from holding her so much.
I was able to feed her yesterday afternoon by lying atop her on her play mat and letting her eat that way.
My once angelic baby has turned in to nightmare child with witching hours between 12-6 pm. She’s in the fussy phase of leap 3 and possibly teething so maybe that’s it 🤷‍♀️ She does turn 3 months on Friday when she gets her first round of vaccinations so that’ll be fun 😬😩

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Morning all, just wanted some advice on car seats as the topic is being discussed. We have the Joie 360 which is great, am just considering whether it would be a good idea to buy a second car seat that is a 0+ one - perhaps belted - that is easier to fit in different cars and he can be carried in? We’ve been given some £ from a friend and I have a Bluelight card so the discount mentioned at Halfords would be great! Does anyone have any recommendations?

Morning all, just wanted some advice on car seats as the topic is being discussed. We have the Joie 360 which is great, am just considering whether it would be a good idea to buy a second car seat that is a 0+ one - perhaps belted - that is easier to fit in different cars and he can be carried in? We’ve been given some £ from a friend and I have a Bluelight card so the discount mentioned at Halfords would be great! Does anyone have any recommendations?
All of the 0+ car seats are tested the same so there isn't much difference I'd say it was more personal preference.
I would recommend Maxi Cosi though as they are easy to get a hold of and well known & not overly expensive. The other option would be one that fits onto your pram if it's for a quick trip to the supermarket.

Reactions: 1
As I'mThankyou said, it's mainly personal preference really. Especially with the 0+ ones as they're all so similar.
We just used the one that came with our pram until we moved her into the 360 😊

Reactions: 2
Also wanted to hijack the car seat chat. How important is it to get a travel system/car seat that's compatible with your buggy? Baby is due in Feb and we don't have a car, mostly envisage getting around on bus or tube. At the moment we borrow my in-laws' car if we're visiting friends outside London etc. Now it has my nephew's car seat base in (SIL and BIL also use the car). Is it worth getting a car seat that would fit on that base and then whatever buggy suits us best?

Also wanted to hijack the car seat chat. How important is it to get a travel system/car seat that's compatible with your buggy? Baby is due in Feb and we don't have a car, mostly envisage getting around on bus or tube. At the moment we borrow my in-laws' car if we're visiting friends outside London etc. Now it has my nephew's car seat base in (SIL and BIL also use the car). Is it worth getting a car seat that would fit on that base and then whatever buggy suits us best?
It depends, most Maxi Cosi, Cybex & Joie car seats fit on a variety of pushchairs some need adapters some don't. So your options are quite open in respect to the car seat & pram. What base is in the car? Even if the car seat didn't fit on the base, baby is just as safe being seat belted in rather than being placed on the base.

It depends, most Maxi Cosi, Cybex & Joie car seats fit on a variety of pushchairs some need adapters some don't. So your options are quite open in respect to the car seat & pram. What base is in the car? Even if the car seat didn't fit on the base, baby is just as safe being seat belted in rather than being placed on the base.
Thank you, it's the oyster duofix isize base at the moment.

This is the first time we had a car seat that attached and tbh, it was handy if just popping in somewhere but as in the first 6 weeks they're not supposed to be in longer than 30 minutes and then after 6 weeks, it's an hour.
So I didn't see the point really.
Especially if you don't really need it

This is the first time we had a car seat that attached and tbh, it was handy if just popping in somewhere but as in the first 6 weeks they're not supposed to be in longer than 30 minutes and then after 6 weeks, it's an hour.
So I didn't see the point really.
Especially if you don't really need it
Thank you that's what I thought as well, didn't seem much point if they can't stay in it very long!

Probably unpopular opinion here but I never found the car seat attaching onto the buggy base handy but that's down to my children! They are super light sleepers, they've never transferred and I think the time those are just handy is to keep them asleep if you're nipping somewhere.
We live in the countryside so use the car a lot and I've still barely used that function even though I do have that option as it just feels pointless to me.

Reactions: 2
On car seat chat: we are big joie fans here and have a joie bold for my 4yo + 2.5yo which has extended forward facing 5 point harness up to 25kg (both were too big for extended rear facing unless I spent £300+ on an ERF for over 18kg which wasn’t an option for us…my 2yo was 20kg at just 2 😭 he has lost about 4kg since but hey ho) we have big babies so car seats are such a problem for us.

However, we have just bought T a Cossatto All in All which so far is great. It’s the same as the joie every stage (both are group 0+/1/2/3 which means it’ll last up until he’s out of a car seat) however the joie every stage didn’t ISOFIX in in rear facing position, only in forward facing, which I didn’t like. So recommend that 👍🏼 Think prices are pretty comparable too.

Also, anyone else’s 8/9 month old just turn essentially demonic over night? He was an absolute angel baby, never fussed, slept well, ate well, generally was my saving Grace on some days but this week…..my god. He’s a totally different baby 😭 finding it so tough with the 3 of them needing totally different things currently, I know it’ll pass but crikeyyyyyy.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Also, anyone else’s 8/9 month old just turn essentially demonic over night? He was an absolute angel baby, never fussed, slept well, ate well, generally was my saving Grace on some days but this week…..my god. He’s a totally different baby 😭 finding it so tough with the 3 of them needing totally different things currently, I know it’ll pass but crikeyyyyyy.
Baby T is 7 and a half months, he’s usually been such a chilled and happy baby up until the last couple of weeks, it’s like he changed over night 😩

he still has his moments where he’s happy and loving life, but my god, the whining some days makes me want to put my head through a door or something. We recently got to a point where he was sleeping from 7 to 7, which lasted a few weeks but now his sleep is back to being awful, between him waking up multiple times a night and Mr T snoring I don’t think I’m getting a full sleep cycle in. Along with the crap sleep, he’s rejecting basically all food now too and screams if I even put some down infront of him, I don’t know what to do. The other morning he was just whinging non stop, nothing I was doing was helping and I had to just step out of the room for a minute, then Mr T come running down the stairs and complained about how loud the baby was being, and I just had a full crying meltdown 🙃 we only have Mr Ts older son with us half of the time, but I find it impossible to entertain him and the baby at the same time because there’s 5 years between them and one’s always losing out, so you’re a saint for having 3 all the time! I don’t really have any advice, just solidarity with the demonic baby situation, I keep telling myself it will pass but who knows when 😂.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I think, it is ideal to match the buggy. Especially when it’s freezing winter and you have to faff with getting the baby in and out the car seat, into the lay down buggy to pop into Asda for 5 minutes (my rock and roll maternity leave right there!!) however, I always got bored of having a big buggy and the last 2 have got rid by 6ish months, so the car seat because nil and void!

@fairylights2000 My two pence worth: I've loved being able to pop the car seat onto the travel system, baby will often fall asleep in the car on the way to the shops for example (not for extended periods) so I've been glad to have the adapters to pop it on the pushchair frame.

Guys,
I don’t know what’s happened, but teen bean is actually being nice and helpful 🥹
Every since we had a disagreement a couple of weeks ago about her use of her iPad and not disclosing passwords etc, she has been helping me if needed, talking to me instead of shouting and actually came and sat with us all while we watched a movie.
I don’t know who this child is, but I like her!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
False alarm!
She’s just told me to duck off because I told her to milk her dad while he’s in the airport and he rang to ask if he could get her perfume/etc…

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.