Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

onlyheretoorbit

VIP Member
Don't understand people that expect others to want to look after their children.

Everyone on Tattle tells each other what they want to hear.

It might be for support but people should still be called out and given honest answers imo.

Y'all are happy to continue your nicey nice.
Have I accidentally made it onto Mumsnet?

ETA: entirely possible to be honest without being a bellend, just saying 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Ditched the toddler with the grandparents so she can go shit on their floor instead of mine today and I can have a lovely day with BabyPower of trying to beat the heat and put away the 8544785 loads of clean laundry that are currently adorning the floor of our spare room!

However it's not all work and no play as there is cake to eat that we've been waiting for the toddler to not be here to enjoy without her 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha

miaaaa

You are the KW imo.
You ask them all last minute and complain that they have plans.
They are correct.
YOU chose to have your children.
You say your pissed off they are happy for MIL to help when she has health issues.
Your the one dumping your children on her.
When you know she clearly struggles.
Knowing she has health issues.
Your brother who will have your children and you still complain you have to take them to his house.
Sounds like you have more than 1 child too.
Cannot expect anyone to want to look after several children just so you can go out and drink.
Sorry but how rude are you?! She is not dumping her children on anyone, it's her family who should be willing to help out every now and then! She is entitled to a bloody break. I'm not sure if you're familiar with this thread as we're all very supportive and the way you've worded your post is so rude, judgey and just not needed.

@Jellybean093 you are not a KW, you're entitled to a break and it shouldn't be this hard for your family to help out. I have a similar situation so I feel you completely X

• Heart
  • Haha

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
Twin2 has got right back on top with her feeding! I cannot tell you how big of a change its made to my mental health, the second she shows a sign of being out of the ordinary I go into panic mood and I can feel all the feelings coming back.

They're so close to turning 1 it truly has been a strange year, I was talking to a friend last night and it still kills me that I didn't hear that first cry when they were born, and I didn't get to see Twin2s face without any breathing equipment for a week. But give me a genie in a bottle & I'd have my 3lbers back in a heart beat they're too grown now.

@miss_americana well done for yesterday! I can only imagine the feelings in the pit of your stomach! So sorry about your FIL all you can do is be there for Mr A❤

@Definitelyme I really hope you manage to avoid another dose of Mastitis 😭

• Heart

jackolantern

VIP Member
Baby just wants to be held ALL the time and it’s just too bloody hot!!! Living room is currently 29 degrees and I’m sweating in places I didn’t know existed.
Whoever said the smell of babies is the best in the world is a LIARRRRRRR AND AN ACTRESSSS (iykyk) Tommy permanently smells like fish n chips with vinegar in this heat

• Haha
  • Heart

Author123

Chatty Member
Oh ladies - you are all so lovely. This is such a wonderful and supportive community, thank you so much for making me feel a hundred times better ❤

• Heart

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
Had a bit of an embarrassing day today, I was sat tandem feeding the Kray Twins at lunchtime, when I heard my front door open, thought nothing of it as i knew it'd be my dad (he has a key) anyway, he walks into the living room and right behind him is my 90Yo Grandad, Twin 1 sees Great Grandad and whips herself off the boob that fast she could've launched herself to Mars, que huge letdown & my poor Grandad seeing my saggy udder. I don't know who was more mortified, my dad, my grandad or me😂

• Haha

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
does anyone else watch heavily pregnant influencers making up gift bags for the midwife’s to take with them when they give birth and think what the actual or is it just me?
Okay this was me.. but hear me out
It wasn't my community midwife. But my hospital midwife, she was absolutely lovely. She was the midwife who admitted me on the day shift the day we found out twin 2 was poorly, and then she was on the nightshift before the twins were born, I was on the CTG for 4 hours as we were watching twin 2s heart rate and she sat with me for the whole 4 hours holding the probe on twin 1 as we were chasing her about, and then held my hand and attempted the worst dad jokes as twin 2 was being resuscitated to distract me. We sent her a card and a box of chocolates & a new fob watch as hers kept falling off, but I was stood in my big knickers attached to a pump as we gave them her 2 nights later😂
Every other midwife can suck it😂

• Heart
Reactions: 13

jackolantern

VIP Member
If any of you ever see me in the pregnancy thread you can rest assured I’ve had a psychotic break and if I had twins?

• Haha

onlyheretoorbit

VIP Member
Thanks guys 😊

So the other half has surprised me with a puppy 😩😩🤦🏼‍♀️ Don’t get me wrong she’s bloody beautiful and I love her but who leaves their girlfriend with a puppy AND a 5 week old on their own 😂😂🙈🙈😩 I can’t cope already
Ngl, have two tiny incontinent creatures in the house doesn’t sound like fun.

Two random thoughts for the day:

After pretty much ignoring her for 8 months, doggy o has started just lying next to her on her playmat and letting her stroke his feet 😭

Mr O has redeemed himself from knobwafflery - he got baby o up and let me have a lie in til 7.30 this morning (I only woke up because I could hear her babbling) AND I’ve come downstairs to find a box labelled ‘FAO MRS ORBIT’ and it’s filled with coffee and walnut cake 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

• Heart

Definitelyme

VIP Member
Let’s be honest, whether you have one baby, two babies, three babies, one baby and one older kid, or ten older kids…. It’s all bloody hard work!

• Heart

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
I hate to bring things back up, but after having a ‘snoop’ someone is on here telling porkies 👀 in one breath saying all children have left school, and another being 35 with 4 kids and one of them is 12.
Oh dear.
Listen snoops, you obviously lurk.
No matter how old your kids are, we all need support from time to time be it from family or friends, in person or over tiny little airwaves.
Come and join us, we're not a gang, we're not a clique we love getting new people here. We love supporting and offering advice and opinions in a respectable way.
We don't jump down other people's throats, or make people feel stupid because they may of asked the same question within 24 hours.
I will keep saying it, but it takes a village, and I'm sorry if you didn't have a village when you had your magical children, who all change ages, so you have my sympathy if that's what made you so bitter.

• Heart

PrincessShark

Chatty Member
Some people are twats, I don’t see why motherhood has to be so competitive 😂

I was at a breastfeeding group the other week and no word of a lie, a mother who’s baby was the same age as BabyShark said to me ‘my baby has loads of hair, look she has it tied up! Yours has none ha ha ha’ I got up and moved away from her 😂 I’m very proud of BabySharks tufts thank you 🥹

You are doing a fab job @Author123
Keep your head held high and pretend it doesn’t bother you!

• Wow
  • Heart

onlyheretoorbit

VIP Member
Re: the 360, I found I had to use my finger to break the seal at first until she understood that there was water underneath.

Having a really shitty week, MH wise. I’ve cried most evenings, barely eating or sleeping. Feel like I’m hanging on by a thread. I’m just so drained.

• Heart

Borntorun

VIP Member
Honestly the best present you can give a midwife is a card - I’ve kept every card patients have given me over the years, I have a big scrapbook full of them all. Even better if they have a baby photo in them.

It's weird, obviously the first few months after the whole debacle were awful but your brain gets really good at burying it all. For some reason the past week or so it's all started to come back and fuck me up. I'm not sure if it's because Tommy's 6 months this weekend and that's worked as some sort of trigger. It's not that I ever forget how terrible it was, I suppose I just try and not think about it usually. On the theme of midwives, one thing that really bothers me is thinking the staff were irritated by me or thought I was a twat. I guess I'll never know what they really thought and they for the most part were very kind and understanding, but I wasn't myself and I'm embarrassed that I wasn't 'tougher' I suppose. Nothing I can do now so I know I have to just be grateful it wasn't worse and how far we've come, I just get such an ick thinking I've made a fool of myself 😨
I can practically guarantee you didn’t make a fool of yourself and I’d even go as far as saying I bet they’d seen whatever you did 100 times before too so try and stop worrying

• Heart

Borntorun

VIP Member
Baby T still absolutely detests being on his tummy now and he’s 6 months old, I try tummy time every day but we only ever manage a few minutes before he screams his little head off. I’ve tried all sorts to distract him, spent a small fortune on toys and mats etc to try to make it more enjoyable but he’s just not having it. I’ve been quite chilled about milestones up until now, but I saw my friend yesterday who has a baby 2 months older than baby T and she’s already crawling and was sitting up by 6 months, and now I’m panicking that I’ve held him back because he’s nowhere near sitting up unaided (im in no rush for him to crawl though 😬). He’s rolled over a few times, but doesn’t show much interest in it, but he does roll onto his side a lot to play or look around. He’s spent most of his 6 months led or sat on my lap because he’s a Velcro baby 🤣🙈 but he has a baby gym which he goes in a lot, and one of those mamas and papas chairs with the activity tray. Does anyone have any advice or do I not really need to worry?
Look at all your friends and people you love most in the world. Do you know what age they learnt to sit up and crawl at?! No, because in the grand scheme of life it literally doesn’t matter one tiny bit. They all do it in their own time

• Heart