Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

wakametango 2.0

VIP Member
Just popped into my head.. I dropped baby Waka at 9 for her second 2 hour session & called at 10 for an update to ask how is she was getting on
Nursery lady: “Oh yes, so well, she’s having a much better morning, she’s been playing with xzy and xzy, so much more positive”
Me: “lovely… is that her I can hear crying in the background?”
Nursery lady: “yes, it is, yes”
Fab 👍 😆🥲 🫠🫠🫠

• Heart
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 18

wakametango 2.0

VIP Member
I feel like I’ve been on the edge of tears nearly all day after receiving a WhatsApp message that begins ‘here’s some unsolicited advice…’ from someone in my antenatal class (ie another first time mum). I had never before felt like I was doing a shit job as baby author seems a pretty happy and contented little chap on the whole, and I’m a pretty strong believer in all babies are their own selves so what works for one won’t work for another, but now I’ve completely lost all my confidence.

Sorry I just had to write down how I’m feeling somewhere. Mr Authors response is to just not reply, but I was meant to see this woman tomorrow and at random coffee meet-ups so our paths will cross again. I hate that her stupid message has got to me so much.
I’m not just saying it because I’m online and acting brave but I honestly would never reply or acknowledge her again in my life. Life is too short to let someone make you feel like shit. I wouldn’t want her or her righteous self anywhere near me. Ever.
ETA I’m aware mr relationships and friendships are a model for baby Waka. I wouldn’t let her see anyone disrespect me nor would I want her to see someone giving advice where it wasn’t asked for and making others feel inadequate

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Definitelyme

VIP Member
@Easilyannoyed sorry you’ve had a rough time with drs lately.

I have actually been meaning to write a post on here as I know there are a good few CMPA mums. My eldest son has just, last week, completed the milk ladder and can now finally have the same milk as everyone else 🎉 he is almost 7, so it has taken us a good long time to get here. By age 4 he could have milk in things no problem, and cheese and yoghurt (and ice cream!!) in moderation, but we had never managed to safely transition him to cows’ milk on its own ( for cereal, we aren’t big milk drinkers). But finally we are here! So to any CMPA mums wondering what the future holds for their little one, it can be a long slog and of course some people never grow out of it, but it is possible 🤗🤗 we are totally delighted, as is he to no longer have to have something different from everyone else 👌🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Crazycatlady18

VIP Member
Why are people so obsessed with whether your babies sleeps or whether they’re breast fed. Like what difference does it make to anyone?! I’ve never understood it, you do get asked some really bizarre questions when you become a mum and everyone’s an expert

• Heart

ProphecyGirl

VIP Member
Thanks guys 😊

So the other half has surprised me with a puppy 😩😩🤦🏼‍♀️ Don’t get me wrong she’s bloody beautiful and I love her but who leaves their girlfriend with a puppy AND a 5 week old on their own 😂😂🙈🙈😩 I can’t cope already

• Wow
  • Heart

Borntorun

VIP Member
I may have had a huge rant at KW yesterday and it’s paid off. Basically he was saying he didn’t want to do any cleaning in the evenings during the week as he’d been at work all day and he didn’t want to do any at the weekend because they’re his days off… so I may have gone off on one saying that by that logic he’s never going to clean and it was all being left to me and I wasn’t happy. So I’ve come down this morning and he’s deep cleaned the kitchen and tidied the lounge last night. Clearly I should get cross more often!

• Wow
  • Haha

WhatABore

VIP Member
Putting the 4yo to bed and she goes
"What are those?"
And points to her chest and mine.
I said Boobies.
She goes "Wow! Yours are ginormous"

Nothing like the honesty of children 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Jellybean093

VIP Member
You are the KW imo.
You ask them all last minute and complain that they have plans.
They are correct.
YOU chose to have your children.
You say your pissed off they are happy for MIL to help when she has health issues.
Your the one dumping your children on her.
When you know she clearly struggles.
Knowing she has health issues.
Your brother who will have your children and you still complain you have to take them to his house.
Sounds like you have more than 1 child too.
Cannot expect anyone to want to look after several children just so you can go out and drink.
Are you my sister 😂😂😂

Fucking hell, sorry for asking someone I TRUST once in a blue moon, politely, if they could look after their nephews 😂
Dumping my children. Never have I heard anything so ridiculous! The baby is 8 months old and I’ve been out TWICE with my husband in that time. And my MIL actually ENJOYS having and seeing her grandchildren.
My brother has his own children, and I am so grateful he would help out. This ISNT a moan at him. He has helped out a lot
Also, it’s a work thing. I’m not going out and getting battered and I’m certainly not going out and getting battered for the fun of it. And it’s not just drinks. It’s an activity that has been paid for a food and drinks. One of us will be driving also.

Thanks for your input though 👍🏼

Last edited:
  • Haha

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
I've just found a bag of mini eggs left over from Easter whilst cleaning my kitchen cupboards out.
I may or may not be hiding from all 3 children in the cupboard under my stairs eating them as quietly as I can

• Haha
  • Heart

jackolantern

VIP Member
For actual fuck sake, I chose today of all days to go and make a pissing cake and I miss out on all the drama!!!!!! Absolutely raging 😂

Jelly it's quite clearly been covered but you are absolutely not a KW, Snoop on the other hand

• Haha

Trombolese

Chatty Member
I don’t know what happened yesterday/last night, but baby T slept from 8pm-8am. Up until a couple of weeks ago he wouldn’t sleep before 10pm at the very earliest, and has always woken up once or twice in the night for a feed. Before this sounds like a brag, I had an awful nights sleep and kept checking he was alive because my mind couldn’t process him not waking up, I was awake from about 4 and couldn’t get back to sleep. To make things worse, my boobs were about to burst when he finally woke up from 12 hours of not feeding, it was so painful so he was feeding from the right, and I was squeezing the left into an empty wet wipe packet because that’s all I could reach 🙃 so I hit my low point of the day pretty early.

• Haha
  • Heart

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
You are the KW imo.
You ask them all last minute and complain that they have plans.
They are correct.
YOU chose to have your children.
You say your pissed off they are happy for MIL to help when she has health issues.
Your the one dumping your children on her.
When you know she clearly struggles.
Knowing she has health issues.
Your brother who will have your children and you still complain you have to take them to his house.
Sounds like you have more than 1 child too.
Cannot expect anyone to want to look after several children just so you can go out and drink.
Honest to god, what is your issue? You did this on the pregnancy thread.
Her MIL is happy to help, she clearly dotes on her grandchildren. Jellybean isn't expecting anything, it takes a village to raise a child. She's well within her right to be upset over her family.
You're a dickhead.

Don't understand people that expect others to want to look after their children.

Everyone on Tattle tells each other what they want to hear.

It might be for support but people should still be called out and given honest answers imo.

Y'all are happy to continue your nicey nice.
No, here we tell people what they need to hear and offer advice, this thread is more than advice.
Like I said. It takes a village and this thread has become my village and many others village.

@Jellybean093 I'll come look after them, dump them on me 24/7.
From previous bits you've said your side of the family are KWs!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

sodit

VIP Member
Whoever said the smell of babies is the best in the world is a LIARRRRRRR AND AN ACTRESSSS (iykyk) Tommy permanently smells like fish n chips with vinegar in this heat
As a bonus, our whole area has no water. The problem started first thing yesterday, but ours was one of the lucky houses that still had a low pressure trickle, but today we joined everyone else in having no water at all. The affected area is pretty big, it covers my parents’ house, my brother’s and the two gyms in my network, so no scope for a shower at any of them.
Mr SI had to drive to a park and join the 5000 in queuing for a case of water from the water company as there’s none in any nearby supermarkets (and beg his case to be allowed some for our next door neighbours with an 18 month old and some for my parents to save everyone traipsing out).
Eventually caved and we’ve come to camp out at the MIL’s for the afternoon and evening. Zapping even in good weather, never mind when it’s sweltering, you’ve not had a shower and it’s your first post baby TOTM. The woman has to constantly be talking, it’s relentless. Plus keeps mithering the baby - offering a toy, taking it off him to get him to crawl towards it, taking it off him again when he finally gets there to try and get him crawling in the other direction 😡
God I hate it here. The knobwaffle is trying to have a sleep in a chair cos he thinks he’s off duty at his mum’s (so it was me poking around in their kitchen to get him some lunch, cleaning up after it etc) but then when we see my family he’s off duty there too as “it’s easier/more comfortable” for me to do it there.
Urgh.

• Sad
  • Wow

Borntorun

VIP Member
This is such a minor moan in the grand acheme of things but here we go. It really bothers me that my husband moans so much if I wake him up. So I sleep with the baby and he sleeps downstairs. The baby is having an appalling few weeks of sleep, I got woken up every half an hour last night and she was taking 20+ mins to settle back to sleep each time. So at 5am I decided he could take a turn and I took the baby to him. And oh my god didn’t he groan about it. Like sorry pal, I know no one wants to be woken at 5am but I’d like to sleep for more than 30 mins too and you don’t hear me moaning??

• Heart