New baby and post birth advice #28 being a mum is the best present I could have ever wished for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had a dream we all went on a Tattle coach trip. How weird that your brain can make up you think people look like Can’t remember much but the weird head thing from the knight bus in Harry Potter was the driver (see picture) and there was also an aquarium on the bus in which we could put the babies.

In case you can’t tell I had cheese with my dinner.

Reactions: 22

You’ve just broken my dream!!! I had a dream all our babies were auditioning for Annie,… I haven’t seen that film since I was about 6.
clearly we were getting the bus to the auditions
I didn’t have cheese but I read page 1 on this new thread and passed out

Reactions: 8
I think if you have no help to ever get five minutes break, then utilising nursery is absolutely the way to go. My SIL lives nowhere near any grandparents and her eldest has gone to daycare for two days a week since he turned one, and she is a SAHM. She uses the time for stuff like the shopping that isn’t fun with kids, and to have the small break she doesn’t otherwise get.
£95 per day though
But I say go for it, don’t feel guilty. You are always a better mum when we’ll rested and in a good headspace x

My in laws also live far away, both retired, can fly to New Zealand and stay with my SIL for two months, but can’t come to us for more than 3 days twice a year because they don’t like Northern Ireland Makes me so mad.

Reactions: 11
I have two daughters, they can marry two tattle sons. The boy can marry a tattle daughter, I will be the best MIL to the tattle children. come forth my children
I have cake.

Reactions: 24
As long as you're putting him down on his back.
A lot of babies tend to lean/turn to one side when they're young

Reactions: 2
I have two daughters, they can marry two tattle sons. The boy can marry a tattle daughter, I will be the best MIL to the tattle children. come forth my children
I have cake.
I'm putting an early bid in for Tommy, pretend you didn't hear everything you've learned about him

Reactions: 12
My in laws also live far away, both retired, can fly to New Zealand and stay with my SIL for two months, but can’t come to us for more than 3 days twice a year because they don’t like Northern Ireland Makes me so mad.
Trying to figure out how you can dislike Northern Ireland...
I know like everywhere it has its downsides, but it's an absolutely beautiful country!

I'm putting an early bid in for Tommy, pretend you didn't hear everything you've learned about him
SOLD to the Cumbrian Pumpkin
I think Tommy & Twin 2 would be the perfect match tbh Lantern.

Happy birthday BTW!!

Reactions: 7
Thank you! Well, I'm atleast one of those things

View attachment 1470824
Happy birthday chum! Can’t wait to hear what surprises Tommy has in store for you on your special day

I actually just snorted at this.
Lord above!
You've probably got more chance of that in England at the moment
I mean obvs we have had our fair share of trouble here over the years but you’d think we lived in an active war zone the way they get on. Also we live in the country, a million miles from everywhere. More likely to get rammed by a cow than bombed, even at the height of the troubles

Reactions: 11
I mean I can't see you living in the Northern Ireland equivalent of MossSide, I'd imagine where you're based is probably slightly rural?!
People baffle me
Get on a plane, have a Guinness and spend 3 weeks soaking up some culture man!

Happy Birthday @jackolantern ! If your partner gets you even half as unusual presents as you get him, I’m very intrigued to know what today brings you

I mean I can't see you living in the Northern Ireland equivalent of MossSide, I'd imagine where you're based is probably slightly rural?!
People baffle me
Get on a plane, have a Guinness and spend 3 weeks soaking up some culture man!
An actual pic of me walking the kids to school

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.