New baby and post birth advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Weve started getting photos back from our newborn shoot and I'm in love 😍
Oh my goodness what a beautiful boy 😭

So gorgeous! My newborn photos were my favourite thing about my first baby. This time around we were in lockdown so couldn’t have them but the photographer kindly gave us some props and bits and my husband took a couple. Not quite professional level!
So cute ☺☺ I want to share mine now! 😭
D3CB3988-223B-41AB-BDCD-EBDD224D9940.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Oh my goodness what a beautiful boy 😭

So cute ☺☺ I want to share mine now!
I know one person from real life uses tattle but she wouldn’t be on this thread so hoping I can keep my identity secret still 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I know one person from real life uses tattle but she wouldn’t be on this thread so hoping I can keep my identity secret still 😂
I know a few people too but I’ve literally shared like 2 photos on socials and he looks absolutely nothing like this now so hopefully we are safe 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Am I right to be offended, literally no sets of grandparents have seen my baby who’s nearly 3 months! Granted we live 2-3 hours by train/5-hours by car away but literally no one has made an effort. I couldn’t be bothered with visitors in the first couple of weeks due to establishing breastfeeding and recovering from csection & traumatic birth. I told my parents they can come down whenever, no response. My partner’s dad is coming down to Watford (we’re in south London) next week for work for a few days but says driving an hour after work to see his grandson wouldn’t work??? And he’ll arrange something in September, yeah right!

It’s totally their loss but I’m upset that no one really gives a tit.
I just need to have a follow up rant!

I asked my mum if she had been looking at hotels to meet her now 3 month grandson, she said ‘just a quick look, not properly’ 🙄🙄🙄 She then said train prices are too expensive, even though they’ve spent £500 on Thorpe Park next week which again is an hour away! I said ‘can you not drive here’ but she says they’re gonna see what the drive to Thorpe Park is like first. She and my stepdad have the whole week off so could easily come a day before.

I’m just really upset, it’s been 3 months and we both nearly died during birth so you’d think they’d make bit of an effort! But it’s nice to know that Thorpe Park is a bigger priority. 🙄🙄🙄

It’s just made me totally reevaluate everything - like duck am I gonna go out of my way like I always did for Christmas, birthday, general visits, etc. I’m also gonna go on photo strike and not send them anything when they ask, if they want to see him they can visit.

It probably shouldn’t come as a surprise though as she did say she was disappointed when I told her I was pregnant!

And don’t get me started on my partner’s side that have shown even less interest.

From now on, it’s just me and my little family.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13

I asked my mum if she had been looking at hotels to meet her now 3 month grandson, she said ‘just a quick look, not properly’ 🙄🙄🙄 She then said train prices are too expensive, even though they’ve spent £500 on Thorpe Park next week which again is an hour away! I said ‘can you not drive here’ but she says they’re gonna see what the drive to Thorpe Park is like first. She and my stepdad have the whole week off so could easily come a day before.

I’m just really upset, it’s been 3 months and we both nearly died during birth so you’d think they’d make bit of an effort! But it’s nice to know that Thorpe Park is a bigger priority. 🙄🙄🙄

It’s just made me totally reevaluate everything - like duck am I gonna go out of my way like I always did for Christmas, birthday, general visits, etc. I’m also gonna go on photo strike and not send them anything when they ask, if they want to see him they can visit.

It probably shouldn’t come as a surprise though as she did say she was disappointed when I told her I was pregnant!

And don’t get me started on my partner’s side that have shown even less interest.

I’m really sorry to hear this, it must be really tough for you. Absolutely wouldn’t make too much effort around Christmas etc - your little family comes first! 💗

• Heart
Reactions: 1
BABIES!!!! 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰 just such beautiful babies! You ladies have gorgeous children!

Ugh, I’m so Sorry to hear that. I don’t get why she hasn’t rushed down to nibble his baby cheeks, she’s missing out so very much. You absolutely shouldn’t be going out of your way to contact them, and definitely not to see them. X

• Heart

I’m so sorry your mums being like that 😖 it’s hard to understand why a grandparent wouldn’t be desperate to meet their grand baby. Families are very weird at times, they are massively missing out but what can you do 🤷🏻‍♀️😔

• Heart
So jealous of your new born shoots. Covid meant we had no chance of anything professional. We didn’t have any clothes the right size and I barely put her down so I’ve got iPhone pics, taken of her in my lap, drowning in too large clothes 😂😂
I got some foot print things and a cast set, never used them yet either. Those early days go so fast and before you know it they’ve grown so much and aren’t ‘newborn’ any more.
I didn’t want to do anything ‘extra’ or contrived but I don’t know why, I so wish I’d had the 4d scan, the ‘for the gram’ posed pics. Ladies reading this in advance of baby, do it all, the posed pics, the arty set-ups, the x weeks in - x weeks out. I wish I had!!!

Reactions: 4
Morning ladies, baby boy no name has had a gunky eye for the last 24 hours. We've tried wiping it with cooled boiled water, and breast milk but every time he wakes it's stuck together again and I think it's getting worse. I have a midwife appointment on Tuesday to check his jaundice levels, but do you think I should try and see someone before? Or do you have any advice?

I won’t be starting it for a few weeks but got a big package of stuff coming this morning for all my weaning stuff. My husband thinks I’ve lost the plot but I haven’t gone overboard at all cost-wise.
Morning ladies, baby boy no name has had a gunky eye for the last 24 hours. We've tried wiping it with cooled boiled water, and breast milk but every time he wakes it's stuck together again and I think it's getting worse. I have a midwife appointment on Tuesday to check his jaundice levels, but do you think I should try and see someone before? Or do you have any advice?
I would call 111 and see what they say ☺ If it seems to be getting worse I probably wouldn’t wait until Tuesday x

Really common and should clear up by itself. As long as his eyeball itself isn’t red and it’s just the gunk then it’s just immature tear ducts. As well as keeping it clean massage his tear ducts as often as you can to help clear them out a bit, that’s usually what works best for mine. My last Two have had it really badly, but didnt last more than about 72hrs. My daughter’s eye would have actually been dripping 🤢

It is very common, BUT mine had it when she was a few days old and it got so bad that her eye was filling up with gunk every 20 mins or so. We ended up taking her to a&e and were given antibiotic ointment to put on the eye which cleared it up v quickly, but they had said they were considering admitting her for iv antibiotics which they would have done if the ointment didn't work. So trust your instincts and if it gets worse I'd take him in.

Baby and I often co-sleep of a morning since she doesn’t want to go back in her cot after 5ish. We have a super king so I’ve always given her a really big portion of bed, low down, no covers or pillows anywhere near. She’s on the move now though which poses two problems. This morning she’d shimmed up to me, face to face level but face against the edge of my pillow. There’s also the issue that I worry I won’t wake and she’ll manage to get to the end of the bed and fall off. (My side has a cot and bed guard but the end and other side is open)
@Definitelyme I remember you co-sleep, and anyone else of course, any tips?

Baby and I often co-sleep of a morning since she doesn’t want to go back in her cot after 5ish. We have a super king so I’ve always given her a really big portion of bed, low down, no covers or pillows anywhere near. She’s on the move now though which poses two problems. This morning she’d shimmed up to me, face to face level but face against the edge of my pillow. There’s also the issue that I worry I won’t wake and she’ll manage to get to the end of the bed and fall off. (My side has a cot and bed guard but the end and other side is open)
@Definitelyme I remember you co-sleep, and anyone else of course, any tips?
I won't be much help, but I co-sleep and I'm starting to worry about this now that he's 3 months and more wriggly. There's a FB group I'm in called 'UK co-sleepers' which I've learned a lot from.

I'm just annoyed we got a £400 crib to cot thing, now I just want a bog standard cot bed and side car it to our bed.

Reactions: 2
@littlepup I am probably going to be no help, sorry! Even when mine could move I always woke up before they moved more than an inch away from me, I must be a light sleeper.

I would sometimes pop a pillow along the edge of the bed when they can move if I’m leaving the room, assuming if they roll out they’ll push it and land on top (dunno if that would work?!) and with pillows at the top of the bed I have them in a ^ shape, so even if they wiggle up the bed to my face the angle of the pillow means they wouldn’t be near it.

I’m ages away from giving birth but thought I’d hop on this thread to have a little rant. I keep seeing people on Instagram etc saying how difficult it is having a baby, that you don’t realise until they are here how hard it really is etc and it’s really starting to get to me. I know they are just trying to be honest and show the reality of being a parent, I know it won’t be all roses and rainbows but it’s kind of making me dread giving birth! Hope I’m not the only one to ever feel like this and hope I don’t sound awful!😣

• Heart
I’m ages away from giving birth but thought I’d hop on this thread to have a little rant. I keep seeing people on Instagram etc saying how difficult it is having a baby, that you don’t realise until they are here how hard it really is etc and it’s really starting to get to me. I know they are just trying to be honest and show the reality of being a parent, I know it won’t be all roses and rainbows but it’s kind of making me dread giving birth! Hope I’m not the only one to ever feel like this and hope I don’t sound awful!😣
I was the same before I gave birth, really wound me up. Don't get me wrong it is hard but it's totally doable. Even when your so tired and you can turn round and see their wee face beam the biggest, gummiest smile at you it is the best thing ever ❤ I'm only 5 weeks in but it's not been as bad as Instagram would lead you to belive....even on our worst days

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.