New baby and post birth advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There doesn’t seem to be a pattern really - she’s definitely fussier in the evenings, but since Saturday she’s cried far more frequently and only stops if she’s being fed. I honestly haven’t timed it but she’ll feed, maybe nap for 10/15 mins, cry so I’ll change her, cuddle her etc and it might stop and if it doesn’t I offer her another feed and she stops straightaway. I’m not sure if it’s enough crying to be colic and given she can be soothed with feeding, I’m not convinced but thought I’d ask the advice of this wise group!!
I think it’s just been a tough few days with the crying and the constant feeding and the lack of sleep and it all caught up with me today
There’s this theory about PURPLE crying - it basically says all babies will go through it, it’s just a phase and it will pass. It fit well for what we experienced. Of course bearing in mind reflux, allergies, pain etc but sometimes I think it just helps to see that something is ‘normal’.

re the laughing - my girl find dogs hilarious, she chuckles and squeals with delight and it makes my heart burst. I’m a huge dog lover, my dog is my first baby and seeing little one love her and any other dog so much when she isn’t terribly animated about most things just yet is my favourite parenting experience so far 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 4
We ended up in a and e over the weekend, baby had a temp and a cough, went onto a nebulizer, was discharged at 5am. At 10am I knew something wasn't right even though he had been discharged 5 hours earlier, back he went and they admitted him straight onto oxygen and a tube for feeding. We are home now but it was so scary. His belly was going up under his ribs as he was breathing.

Please trust your instincts!! Xxx

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
We ended up in a and e over the weekend, baby had a temp and a cough, went onto a nebulizer, was discharged at 5am. At 10am I knew something wasn't right even though he had been discharged 5 hours earlier, back he went and they admitted him straight onto oxygen and a tube for feeding. We are home now but it was so scary. His belly was going up under his ribs as he was breathing.

Oh gosh, that must have been so scary!!! Well done for trusting your instincts and going back! Hope your little one is doing ok, and you too - look after yourself xx

Reactions: 2

Awwww I hope he's OK and that you are too. How scary hun xxxxx

Reactions: 1
Thank you! He is better, still using saline drops before feeds. It really helps. Also a snot sucker is the best thing invented!
Lots of viral infections going around atm 🥺 xx

Thank you! He is better, still using saline drops before feeds. It really helps. Also a snot sucker is the best thing invented!
Lots of viral infections going around atm 🥺 xx
We've had one in our house too, he's had it for about 10 days now. Awful cough, snotty nose and just very miserable! Awful seeing them in discomfort!

• Sad
Went to a mother and baby group today, well mother and 0-5 group because of the summer holidays and duck me, it was the worst thing ever. 😂 I was the only person there with an actual baby, everyone else had toddlers. It was absolute chaos and so noisy, my baby kept jumping. At one point, I was playing with my baby on the floor and a random child just sat on my lap to play with a toy. 😂 They all came over as well to look at the baby but I was so scared one of them was gonna throw a toy at him.

I felt rude but left after half hour, and a really nice lady who works there noticed and followed me out asking if I was leaving, she signed me up to a group with more babies next week.

But if that was my first experience at a group I’d have been put off for life! And as boring as newborns are, I don’t want my little baby to become a toddler now. 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Went to a mother and baby group today, well mother and 0-5 group because of the summer holidays and duck me, it was the worst thing ever. 😂 I was the only person there with an actual baby, everyone else had toddlers. It was absolute chaos and so noisy, my baby kept jumping. At one point, I was playing with my baby on the floor and a random child just sat on my lap to play with a toy. 😂 They all came over as well to look at the baby but I was so scared one of them was gonna throw a toy at him.

I felt rude but left after half hour, and a really nice lady who works there noticed and followed me out asking if I was leaving, she signed me up to a group with more babies next week.

But if that was my first experience at a group I’d have been put off for life! And as boring as newborns are, I don’t want my little baby to become a toddler now. 😅
This is why I hate toddler groups 🤣 other people’s toddlers are often feral (and I say that in the safe knowledge that at groups like that my very shy kids wouldn’t say boo to a goose and barely leave my side!) and it can be prettt hardcore 🤣

wait until you get to soft play 😬😬😬 absolute pits of hell (which is why we never go 🙈)

Reactions: 3
This is why I hate toddler groups 🤣 other people’s toddlers are often feral (and I say that in the safe knowledge that at groups like that my very shy kids wouldn’t say boo to a goose and barely leave my side!) and it can be prettt hardcore 🤣

wait until you get to soft play 😬😬😬 absolute pits of hell (which is why we never go 🙈)
It was sensory overload for me never mind my 9 week old!! They were 100% all feral. 😂 He’s probably caught something now as they were all full of snot looming over him. 😂

In 8 years of being a Mum.. I've been to soft play twice.
I hate it. I panic!
So unless their Dad decides he likes it, they won't be going 😂

• Haha

I've found this at local authority stay and plays.. all toddlers and no other babies. So I tried going to the local 0-1 stay and play and was the only mum and baby there for 3 weeks running, so it turned into an awkward play sesh with me and baby with the workers watching. Haven't been back!!

I've found the organised classes really good; I go to three a week, costs a fortune though.

Omg this has put me off 🤣🙈 I went with my friend to a soft play as she has a toddler, I just sat at the table and watched. So many kids kept coming up to the pram with my baby sleeping in asking to look in and see her, it started off cute until there was a whole army of toddlers trying to touch her and pushing the pram 🤣 swiftly picked her up and cuddled her so the kids got bored and went back onto the soft play

Omg this has put me off 🤣🙈 I went with my friend to a soft play as she has a toddler, I just sat at the table and watched. So many kids kept coming up to the pram with my baby sleeping in asking to look in and see her, it started off cute until there was a whole army of toddlers trying to touch her and pushing the pram 🤣 swiftly picked her up and cuddled her so the kids got bored and went back onto the soft play
This is what annoys me about softplay, where are the feral childrens parents!?

I take my daughter to softplay but i make sure i’m with her or i keep an eye on her at all times.

One good thing that has come from covid is having to book slots of softplay so its not chaos everytime.

The two baby classes I’ve been to have been fine but this was a shock to the system. Even though they booked me for a session next week with apparently more babies it’s still gonna be a toddler majority! I think might cancel. He had a three hour nap after so must exhausted him!

I joined Peanut the other day and have my first mum date on Thursday 😬, gonna walk round the park and maybe a coffee after. Has anyone had any success with it?

I've found this at local authority stay and plays.. all toddlers and no other babies. So I tried going to the local 0-1 stay and play and was the only mum and baby there for 3 weeks running, so it turned into an awkward play sesh with me and baby with the workers watching. Haven't been back!!

I've found the organised classes really good; I go to three a week, costs a fortune though.
That sounds horrible! I was like that today just sitting with my baby alone, with all of the toddler mums on the other side who knew each other from nursery ignoring their feral kids! So awkward.

Would you say baby groups are a must? They totally freak me out 🙈 is that really selfish of me? I’m signed up for swimming with my little one but we can’t get on until September annoyingly

Would you say baby groups are a must? They totally freak me out 🙈 is that really selfish of me? I’m signed up for swimming with my little one but we can’t get on until September annoyingly
It’s not selfish of you at all! I’ve just been pushing myself to go because it’s the only thing getting me out the house at the minute. I’ve been struggling and finding the days so slow and boring, so it’s just something for me to break my day/week up. I’m the most anxious sweaty mess at them!

I really want to try swimming but a lot seem to be booked up locally.

When my eldest was a baby we did a breastfeeding group (which was for me really) and baby sensory, and also went swimming every week. We didnt do any mum & toddler groups which were just playing in a church hall type things, because I hate them 😂 I do do our church one now, because it lets them get to know kids who’ll be in their class at school, and it is right beside the school so very handy. But I still dont really enjoy it at all.

In 8 years of being a Mum.. I've been to soft play twice.
I hate it. I panic!
So unless their Dad decides he likes it, they won't be going 😂
So glad Im not the only one! I’ve taken my kids once off my own back 🙈 although my parents would have taken them occasionally, and a local farm has one so they get in it when we go there.p, so hopefully they aren’t too deprived 😂😂

This is what annoys me about softplay, where are the feral childrens parents!?

I take my daughter to softplay but i make sure i’m with her or i keep an eye on her at all times.

One good thing that has come from covid is having to book slots of softplay so its not chaos everytime.
A lot of the time I hate other parents. like you say, they just leave the kids to run wild. And then their kid is the one smacking everyone 🤬

The two baby classes I’ve been to have been fine but this was a shock to the system. Even though they booked me for a session next week with apparently more babies it’s still gonna be a toddler majority! I think might cancel. He had a three hour nap after so must exhausted him!

I joined Peanut the other day and have my first mum date on Thursday 😬, gonna walk round the park and maybe a coffee after. Has anyone had any success with it?

That sounds horrible! I was like that today just sitting with my baby alone, with all of the toddler mums on the other side who knew each other from nursery ignoring their feral kids! So awkward.
I've heard of peanut but didn't know you could use it to make mum friends! I might have to check it out! Let us know how you get on please 😊

Not peanut, but a similar idea website I used when I had my first. i met a lovely girl on it, we got together a few times. We only "stopped seeing each other" as she didn’t drive and lived quite far away.

Never attended a single one because I can't bare the thought of it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.