New baby and post birth advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sending you loads of love. I can’t imagine how hard it must be for you reaching the milestones, and packing things up, and knowing it’s this one time only. I am sure your lovely son will not suffer in the slightest for being an only child, and maybe if your brother has children then your son’s cousins will be as close to him as you and your brother are. My kids are very close to their cousins, and it’s wonderful relationship

Reactions: 6
Thank you for your kind words, they made me smile! You’re right , I really hope he grows up with his cousins. Although his only cousins atm are much older than him, they aren’t overly interested in him right now
Trying not to dwell on things and enjoy these moments

Reactions: 5
As you said, he won't know any different. And that's the main thing to think about.
No different to people with siblings can't picture being an only child, because they know no different

He'll grow up knowing how wanted and loved he is and that is the most important thing!

Reactions: 4
@Hairraiser my boy is probably going to be an only child out of choice. I was very lucky to get pregnant quite easily but I just don’t think I can go through the ordeal of a birth again. My partner is also adamant that this is it and seems to think siblings cause more harm than good (I think he’s triggered by his own childhood ) but we’re sure it won’t be detrimental to him growing up. He sounds like a very lucky boy to have such caring and loving parents!

Reactions: 7
I know increasing numbers of people who are choosing (and so lucky to be able to have that choice ) do only have one child, for lots of reasons. I think having siblings is great, but I honestly don’t think any “only” children will be at all disadvantaged in life. Possibly the opposite! My cousin grew up with no siblings and she is so mature, intelligent, and has such a sensible head on her shoulders. Sometimes she makes me feel like the child (she’s 18, I’m 35 )

Yeah you’re absolutely right
We have so many photos of when he was a 3 day old embryo and up until now, I’ve put them all in an album for him. I can’t wait to show him
How he was made

Aw thank you so much you’re very kind. And the same to you , it’s not all bad being an only child

I can’t seem to quote your other post but just wanted to send you love. As long as your little one has your love I’m sure that’s all that matters. So pleased that IVF worked for you though, definitely enjoy every moment, it’s such a wonderful time
It really doesn’t help when people say “when are you having another baby” i think it can be just as hurtful as saying “when are you going to have children”

Reactions: 2
Oh I agree, I had that same question for 3 whole years before I snapped at people. I had the most horrific birth aswell as the gruelling IVF treatment and have had many people say to me ‘when’s the next baby due then?’ Seriously???!!!
If I wasn’t a mother now I’d be giving them a few choice words

It’s so bizarre how interested strangers are in other people’s family planning. I’m quite sure my husband wouldn’t ever have been asked those questions, but I had them all, especially when I only had 1. I even remember the midwife on the ward with no1 saying to me “we’ll see you again in two years, will we?” I had literally popped one out and she was asking when I was having another?!

Reactions: 8
My health advisor is like that!! I said that this is probably it with her knowing full well how shitty my birth was and she was like ‘oh no, it will be nice for him to have a brother or sister, just wait a year.’

Reactions: 4
My health advisor is like that!! I said that this is probably it with her knowing full well how shitty my birth was and she was like ‘oh no, it will be nice for him to have a brother or sister, just wait a year.’
That’s so rude!

Reactions: 1
Wow. Very unprofessional

Reactions: 3
I actually had someone at work asking when I was going to have babies.... (a male btw) and we had been trying for just under 18 months at this point so I felt a bit sensitive. My response was “why are you so interested in my sex life” that shut him up. I’m very blunt when I want to be

Reactions: 11
Morning Has anyone got any suggestions for nice dribble bibs?
Mark’s and spencer I find stay the softest and have cute designs for girls and boys. Plus thick enough you don’t have to change them every half an hour

Mark’s and spencer I find stay the softest and have cute designs for girls and boys. Plus thick enough you don’t have to change them every half an hour
I’ll have a look, thank you. we’ve got some from Sainsbury’s I think and the label says one size but they’re tiny, tried putting it on the other day and it felt like I was strangling him haha.

I’ll have a look, thank you. we’ve got some from Sainsbury’s I think and the label says one size but they’re tiny, tried putting it on the other day and it felt like I was strangling him haha.
I’ve found that with some Asda ones we were given, also very rigid they just look uncomfortable.

Just answering my own question here but etsy have a lot of dribble bibs. Might try them out

My second was a dribble monster. If you have a heady dribbler I really recommend getting Fleece backed dribble bibs, because they stay much drier and don’t soak their clothes.

I always found independent makers were much better quality for heavy dribble amounts than high street shops, so definitely check our Etsy.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.