New baby and post birth advice #15 Why don’t babies want to sleep or eat, they’re my two favourite things?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just to spice up your Tuesday morning. Currently waiting for a pregnancy result 😐
Oh gosh hope you’re ok x

I really want to try it but with nightmare mouth I’m so worried of choking. She doesn’t put anything other then her fingers in her mouth. No toys, no dummy, refuses the bottle too often.
I’ve tried a spoon and she pushes it out. When I try to syringe gripe water, omeprezol etc in to her, you’d think I’m trying to murder her. Guess I can just try it. Do you give rice for breakfast instead of a bottle?
she always wakes up with the wind still in her from the day before, it just doesn’t pass through her no matter how much I wind her. I start the day with a fight so it would be nice for her to eat something with out it hurting x
She’s just turned 5 months
Is that because of the tongue reflex which pushes things back out? They loose this reflex between 5 and 6 months so she might loose it soon 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Oh gosh hope you’re ok x

Is that because of the tongue reflex which pushes things back out? They loose this reflex between 5 and 6 months so she might loose it soon 🙂
Yeah I could well be. She has just started to get her foot in to her mouth (babies are weird) I’ll just keep trying 🤷🏼‍♀️😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Hope you're okay xx

I seriously feel like we've been teething for the last 2 month. One bottom tooth popped and I thought "yessss a wee break" and now the next one is just below the surface and we're back to feeding 989 times at night, screaming if I dare to give her the dummy instead of a boob and also back to not going in her cot at all. Sleep consultant was a waste of money honestly

And here's me annoyed about how much I've wasted on dodies as he won't take them anymore, he uses them as a teether to bite than shouts for boobie. With a sleep consultant fee on top I'd be more gutted, sorry it hasn't worked out.

Hoping things go well @wakametango 2.0 and that the test result gives you an acceptable outcome!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I had the same thoughts looking at mine this morning. I was feeding the baby next to him in bed and was like “are you going back to sleep? It’s 10 to 9??” And he said “No I’m just relaxing”. RELAXING ffs. Snuggled down in the duvet serenely when he’d literally woken up 5 mins before and I’d been up with baby on and off since 6.

Doing something for yourself is totally deserved. You could always say you’re going to the gym then take yourself off for some retail therapy instead 😂😂
Relaxing. What is that again? The last time I tried to relax, we ran out of hot water and my bath was warm 😭💔 To be fair, he was up just before 6 anyway to go to work, but then I thought, why can’t you get up an hour earlier and sort him 😂
I feel like I’m starting to resent him a bit. He’s out on Saturday taking his mum to the theatre with his sister and then going to a football match with kid bean, while I’m left home with baby and toddler. I feel like I never see him

I need the gym. Girls holiday in august so need to be trim and buff for that. Because Apparently, I can’t stop eating 😂😂

Also (me again having one of those days) and 5 mothers hunger cues just 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️ I’m so paranoid of feeding her early and she won’t take it, and then feeding her too late.
She’s constantly stressy because she always is windy.
I’m worried now im confusing wind and hunger or if they’re combined. She’s not a crier. Her hand is always in her mouth so that doesn’t help.
I am fried with this feeding lark.
the infant feeding team still haven’tcalled me ☹

• Heart
  • Sad
I really want to try it but with nightmare mouth I’m so worried of choking. She doesn’t put anything other then her fingers in her mouth. No toys, no dummy, refuses the bottle too often.
I’ve tried a spoon and she pushes it out. When I try to syringe gripe water, omeprezol etc in to her, you’d think I’m trying to murder her. Guess I can just try it. Do you give rice for breakfast instead of a bottle?
she always wakes up with the wind still in her from the day before, it just doesn’t pass through her no matter how much I wind her. I start the day with a fight so it would be nice for her to eat something with out it hurting x
She’s just turned 5 months
Fwiw I haven’t BLW, she’s had a few genuine choking incidents and it terrifies me so we started with smooth purées and they’re getting lumpier. I do do some finger food (weirdly prefer packets where it says the age, it reassures me haha). I know everyone seems to do BLW at the mo but it wasn’t for us so don’t worry if you stick to purées, they all ge there eventually!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Turns out my mood swings, sore gums and bloated belly are all me 😂😊😊 breathed a sigh of relief (but slightly gutted)

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Also (me again having one of those days) and 5 mothers hunger cues just 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️ I’m so paranoid of feeding her early and she won’t take it, and then feeding her too late.
She’s constantly stressy because she always is windy.
I’m worried now im confusing wind and hunger or if they’re combined. She’s not a crier. Her hand is always in her mouth so that doesn’t help.
I am fried with this feeding lark.
the infant feeding team still haven’tcalled me ☹
I would find that confusing too.
How long have you been waiting for a call from them? 😔
im no expert but I’ve read main readiness for feeding cues are baby can sit up and hold head up, coordination of things to mouth, and the tongue reflex has gone. I feel so bad for her how much she suffers from her wind. It’s horrible as an adult so must be such hard work for a little baby 😞

Turns out my mood swings, sore gums and bloated belly are all me 😂😊😊 breathed a sigh of relief (but slightly gutted)
I would be the same at this point haha, relieved and gutted. No ready for another baby but wanting another baby.

are you ok?

Reactions: 1
I would find that confusing too.
How long have you been waiting for a call from them? 😔
im no expert but I’ve read main readiness for feeding cues are baby can sit up and hold head up, coordination of things to mouth, and the tongue reflex has gone. I feel so bad for her how much she suffers from her wind. It’s horrible as an adult so must be such hard work for a little baby 😞

I would be the same at this point haha, relieved and gutted. No ready for another baby but wanting another baby.

are you ok?
Since January 😂😂 no rush. I think there’s just a whole heap of problems in my area. My HV has been chasing it 🤷🏼‍♀️ I started infacol today. Worth a go I guess.

• Sad
I am raising mini lions.
I put some cucumbers ham & carrots out for them & it's been ravished. And they're looking at me like witch wheres the rest?! 🤯
Why do they grow😭

Since January 😂😂 no rush. I think there’s just a whole heap of problems in my area. My HV has been chasing it 🤷🏼‍♀️ I started infacol today. Worth a go I guess.
I can't believe how long you've been waiting. It is absolutely shocking!!! If you were purposely not feeding her they'd be soon on your case😡
It's absolutely ridiculous how the system fails when parents desperately need input to help their child thrive!
I'm so sorry you've been waiting so long! If it continues please make a complaint It's just so wrong😖

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I am raising mini lions.
I put some cucumbers ham & carrots out for them & it's been ravished. And they're looking at me like witch wheres the rest?! 🤯
Why do they grow😭

I can't believe how long you've been waiting. It is absolutely shocking!!! If you were purposely not feeding her they'd be soon on your case😡
It's absolutely ridiculous how the system fails when parents desperately need input to help their child thrive!
I'm so sorry you've been waiting so long! If it continues please make a complaint It's just so wrong😖
My mum said I should write a complaint too. And to be honest you’re right it’s disgusting but covid etc keeps getting blamed. 🤷🏼‍♀️ It’s no wonder struggling parents get depressed hey x

• Heart
  • Sad
My mum said I should write a complaint too. And to be honest you’re right it’s disgusting but covid etc keeps getting blamed. 🤷🏼‍♀️ It’s no wonder struggling parents get depressed hey x
Covid or not honestly it's down right disgusting, I'd honestly make a complaint they really don't like it and they'd soon get their ducks in a row to actually offer support!
I'm so sorry you've both been failed 😔 it's really unfair that it's a postcode lottery on how a service will help you😔

• Heart
@Crazycatlady18 covid is now just being used as an excuse for every failing by large organisations, I think. It’s a handy one to trot out when you’ve no reason why service has been tit.

• Heart
I get that Covid is probably a much bigger factor in healthcare compared to the rest of society where we’re all out and about like it never happened, BUT you’d think that *ensuring babies can eat* would also be a massive priority… I find it wild that there are babies struggling to physically eat enough to thrive and they can leave them and mums with no support and be like 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
I get that Covid is probably a much bigger factor in healthcare compared to the rest of society where we’re all out and about like it never happened, BUT you’d think that *ensuring babies can eat* would also be a massive priority… I find it wild that there are babies struggling to physically eat enough to thrive and they can leave them and mums with no support and be like 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
It’s a joke isn’t it. Help is long over due now there should be no excuses. They’ve acknowledged a weight issue from the start 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
They've just shut the birthing centre in my town again yeterday due to staffing and sickness, the midwives have been called in to the main birthing centre attached to the hospital in the town over. When I gave birth they were focused on staffing delivery and leaving antenatal, postnatal, community and feeding team etc short as anyone qualified as a midwife was being forcibly redeployed. Definitely part of why I had such a tit birth and little lad had such a rough start. I thought waiting 18 days (with a WEEK as inpatients) to see our feeding team was a disgrace, but it pretty much being April and having no word from a January referral is a disgrace :(

I find it hard to blame the Trust though as they do have adverts out for posts they can't fill, and their hands are tied on pay. Which leads to overwork and people leaving. Which sort of ties their hands on conditions and always being short staffed. Which leads more staff to leave and it's all a vicious cycle. Gov needs to sort themselves out funding more training places.

Last edited:
  • Heart
They've just shut the birthing centre in my town again yeterday due to staffing and sickness, the midwives have been called in to the main birthing centre attached to the hospital in the town over. When I gave birth they were focused on staffing delivery and leaving antenatal, postnatal, community and feeding team etc short as anyone qualified as a midwife was being forcibly redeployed. Definitely part of why I had such a tit birth and little lad had such a rough start. I thought waiting 18 days (with a WEEK as inpatients) to see our feeding team was a disgrace, but it pretty much being April and having no word from a January referral is a disgrace :(

I find it hard to blame the Trust though as they do have adverts out for posts they can't fill, and their hands are tied on pay. Which leads to overwork and people leaving. Which sort of ties their hands on conditions and always being short staffed. Which leads more staff to leave and it's all a vicious cycle. Gov needs to sort themselves out funding more training places.
It’s crap isn’t it. They should have helped from the start. I think there was a mix up with the feeding team and HV crossing wires, but she dropped nearly two centiles at one point, she’s tiny, I’ve struggled since birth and only now am I getting some where. The hospital actually rang me since my last post as I literally had a break down to the gp on Friday and they’re referring her to check allergies, TT reconnected everything. There’s something going on with her and I’m buggered if I can fix it 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.