New baby and post birth advice #15 Why don’t babies want to sleep or eat, they’re my two favourite things?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No advice but I sympathise with you, my daughter is 7, she was unfortunate that both grandads passed before she was even thought about. But she does have both grannies.

My mum last saw her when she was 2, she's now 7, I don't speak to her anymore anyway (whole other story) but she's just never bothered, my daughter doesn't even know what she looks like. We're visiting my sister at Easter and she mentioned mum might come over and I was like fine, when I mentioned it to my daughter she said "well I'm not going to her, she's not bothered with me", so she already has no interest to see her, my mums loss (you also can't miss what you never had).

My partners mum lives at the other end of town and still barely sees her unless we make the effort. I personally don't get it but my daughter isn't bothered as she knows no different.

Sometimes just because they are family doesn't mean you have to like them.

Sounds like you're surrounding yourself with people that want to be in your son's life, he'll grow up knowing they care about him. You're creating your own extended family, who says they have to be blood.
That's so sad to hear, especially what your daughter (rightfully!) said. I'm sorry yours are just as shite and so embarrassing for them. I just can't imagine when my son's grown up and if he has kids and not seeing them nearly a year into their existence! At least we're on the other end and not dealing with overbearing grandparents/in laws as I've read some right horror stories, but it's still shite!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
That's so sad to hear, especially what your daughter (rightfully!) said. I'm sorry yours are just as shite and so embarrassing for them. I just can't imagine when my son's grown up and if he has kids and not seeing them nearly a year into their existence! At least we're on the other end and not dealing with overbearing grandparents/in laws as I've read some right horror stories, but it's still shite!
It is tit, I'm very close to my sister and my daughter adores her. At least the people she sees want her in their life.

I couldn't imagine not wanting to see my future grandchildren, in fact I think she would have to wrestle me for them back 🤣

You're right, not sure I could hold my tongue with overbearing 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Another snot bag baby here. And he’s in such a weird mood. He made noise like a cat being strangled allll day, couldn’t keep him happy, just that weird noise. He also bursts in to tears at random intervals, which is very unlike him, he’s usually so happy go lucky. And he hasn’t slept the last two nights, so hoping for a better night tonight (although it’s not looking likely tbh) 🥱🥱😴😴🧟‍♀️🧟‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Another snot bag baby here. And he’s in such a weird mood. He made noise like a cat being strangled allll day, couldn’t keep him happy, just that weird noise. He also bursts in to tears at random intervals, which is very unlike him, he’s usually so happy go lucky. And he hasn’t slept the last two nights, so hoping for a better night tonight (although it’s not looking likely tbh) 🥱🥱😴😴🧟‍♀️🧟‍♀️
Orange has been the same we think we have the rona take 2 but I’m not shoving sticks up her nose and throat again she has been so moody crying she is not a crying baby like she is so happy but soo as it’s dark she’s wild it’s taken me two hours to get her to sleep in the next to me and I had to pick the snot off her this morning as it was so green sorry for the description I have never known her go off her milk managed to get 7oz down her but it was a struggle I think it’s the snot plus another tooth as she is biting the dummy I’m sorry there are so many poorly babies this week someone told me I don’t know if it’s true they get 8 colds a year trust us to get I’ll the week before I go back to work xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Orange has been the same we think we have the rona take 2 but I’m not shoving sticks up her nose and throat again she has been so moody crying she is not a crying baby like she is so happy but soo as it’s dark she’s wild it’s taken me two hours to get her to sleep in the next to me and I had to pick the snot off her this morning as it was so green sorry for the description I have never known her go off her milk managed to get 7oz down her but it was a struggle I think it’s the snot plus another tooth as she is biting the dummy I’m sorry there are so many poorly babies this week someone told me I don’t know if it’s true they get 8 colds a year trust us to get I’ll the week before I go back to work xx
Back to work next week? how are you feeling about it? Where will princess 🍊 be while you’re working?

Reactions: 1
Back to work next week? how are you feeling about it? Where will princess 🍊 be while you’re working?
She’s going to nursery 🥺🥺 and my mum is having her for me two days until I can get her more days I have cried a million tears I feel so judged like I’m a bad mum all my mum friends aren’t going back to work at all but they don’t earn enough to go back I am jealous they are staying off but they have been sympathetic in the sense that I’m doing it for orange nursery and so I can keep buying her lovely things. I’m only going back part time but it has been a hard decision. If I hate it mr annoyed says I can just quit. She has been for some taster sessions and they made me a picture collage when I picked her up last week 🥺🥺 I’ve got to make a memory box with pictures of orange family and some toys and cute things that they get out at nursery 🥲🥲 today I put her in her stroller seat on the pram and she had some vegan ice cream. She will be 7 months the week after I go back and I’m glad I will still have 4 days off a week with her. Thank you for asking I have really struggled with this and feel so guilty but when I drop her off she doesn’t even cry 😭 so it makes me feel better xx

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She’s going to nursery 🥺🥺 and my mum is having her for me two days until I can get her more days I have cried a million tears I feel so judged like I’m a bad mum all my mum friends aren’t going back to work at all but they don’t earn enough to go back I am jealous they are staying off but they have been sympathetic in the sense that I’m doing it for orange nursery and so I can keep buying her lovely things. I’m only going back part time but it has been a hard decision. If I hate it mr annoyed says I can just quit. She has been for some taster sessions and they made me a picture collage when I picked her up last week 🥺🥺 I’ve got to make a memory box with pictures of orange family and some toys and cute things that they get out at nursery 🥲🥲 today I put her in her stroller seat on the pram and she had some vegan ice cream. She will be 7 months the week after I go back and I’m glad I will still have 4 days off a week with her. Thank you for asking I have really struggled with this and feel so guilty but when I drop her off she doesn’t even cry 😭 so it makes me feel better xx
You have nothing to feel guilty about! Some mums have to work, some mums choose to work, some stay at home through choice or necessity. I do a combo of all of it! And I know we ALL feel guilty for what we do, but we shouldn’t at all. You will be a great role model for Orange. I often worry I short change my kids by being at home, they haven’t a role model of a strong working mother (for years my eldest thought women didn’t have jobs!!) You’ve picked a nursery where they obviously take great care of her (I’ve never heard of the memory box before), and which she enjoys. You get to have some time as you, and bring some money in, so it all sounds like it is a good thing. But duck me, it’s hard leaving them 😭😭😭 And anyone judging you for going back to work needs a slap (Will Smith available on request)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
You have nothing to feel guilty about! Some mums have to work, some mums choose to work, some stay at home through choice or necessity. I do a combo of all of it! And I know we ALL feel guilty for what we do, but we shouldn’t at all. You will be a great role model for Orange. I often worry I short change my kids by being at home, they haven’t a role model of a strong working mother (for years my eldest thought women didn’t have jobs!!) You’ve picked a nursery where they obviously take great care of her (I’ve never heard of the memory box before), and which she enjoys. You get to have some time as you, and bring some money in, so it all sounds like it is a good thing. But duck me, it’s hard leaving them 😭😭😭 And anyone judging you for going back to work needs a slap (Will Smith available on request)
I got into one little fight and my mum got scared. She said you can't slap Chris 'cos your wife has no hair?!

Sorry, I really had to do that!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Omg just seen a meme and it says mums getting a good night sleep then will smith with the caption of babies at 3am slapping Chris rock I still don’t know if that slap was real like I’ve watched it so many times. Your message was so lovely and you have made me feel so much better if it wasn’t worth going back financially I wouldn’t but I used to earn more than me annoyed and I can’t wait for no spend cap at Zara and buying orange toys we are also having an extension and we need a new bed we still only have a double we just never fancied s bigger bed because we always sleep hugging each other but now orange wants to sleep in there sometimes I think it’s a necessity 😃 I honestly hand on heart ( I can’t believe I am going to say this as I never used to think this) being a mum is the best job I’ve ever had it’s hard I’m tired I move also aged about 5 years physically and I still can’t poo 🤣 but it’s really made me a new person and I never thought I would love someone like I love orange 🍊 the nursery is good to be fair I’ve had to fill out a medial care plan or eczema cream and no dairy information they don’t have any screen time it’s all wooden toys and kind of monestori so I will update you how she gets on I am nervous but I’ve got to take it one day at a time 🧡🧡 my auntie said to me yesterday well I thought you wanted a baby so much you wouldn’t go back to work she also has no children and claims you should change crappy nappies on your knee I asked her have you ever done this she said no and sunk back into the wall 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Omg just seen a meme and it says mums getting a good night sleep then will smith with the caption of babies at 3am slapping Chris rock I still don’t know if that slap was real like I’ve watched it so many times. Your message was so lovely and you have made me feel so much better if it wasn’t worth going back financially I wouldn’t but I used to earn more than me annoyed and I can’t wait for no spend cap at Zara and buying orange toys we are also having an extension and we need a new bed we still only have a double we just never fancied s bigger bed because we always sleep hugging each other but now orange wants to sleep in there sometimes I think it’s a necessity 😃 I honestly hand on heart ( I can’t believe I am going to say this as I never used to think this) being a mum is the best job I’ve ever had it’s hard I’m tired I move also aged about 5 years physically and I still can’t poo 🤣 but it’s really made me a new person and I never thought I would love someone like I love orange 🍊 the nursery is good to be fair I’ve had to fill out a medial care plan or eczema cream and no dairy information they don’t have any screen time it’s all wooden toys and kind of monestori so I will update you how she gets on I am nervous but I’ve got to take it one day at a time 🧡🧡 my auntie said to me yesterday well I thought you wanted a baby so much you wouldn’t go back to work she also has no children and claims you should change crappy nappies on your knee I asked her have you ever done this she said no and sunk back into the wall 😂
Some people just have to say something about everything. If you didn’t go back I bet she’d have said "oh I always thought you enjoyed your job, shame to see you give it all up"
And for many women, its not even about working now, but when your kids are at school and grown up you may want your career to continue and it’s not easy in every job to just stop working and return 5yrs later as if you’ve never been away. That’s part of the reason I still do supply teaching, because if I stop it will be so hard to get back in when the kids are all older (plus we like eating and crazy stuff like that 😂).

Reactions: 8
we co-sleep and I can confirm a new bed is a necessity!
We have a super king and sometimes even we wish we had a bigger bed 🤣🤣
Get the biggest and comfiest bed you can find 😄

Hope everyone had a better night than me. Been in a&e since 9pm, looks like my blood clots are back

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Any ideas of how to stop a 14 month old waking at 4.30 screaming every day?! If I give her milk she goes back to sleep but she has wayyyy more milk than she should for her age already

Hope everyone had a better night than me. Been in a&e since 9pm, looks like my blood clots are back
Oh no. Fingers crossed you’re being well looked after x

• Heart
Aww I had a dream that we all met up in real life for a dinner party at my house 😅🥹

anyone else’s babies go to sleep with dummies and they end up in the weirdest places. Just found t1s by her feet. Is she a magician?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Please don’t feel like a bad mum, and im sure no one is judging you! We all have to make decisions on what is best for our family and those decisions will look different for all of us. Anyone who judges you for that can get in the bin.

It’s so hard working with a young baby (not that staying at home isn’t, that’s just as challenging!) and juggling everything. Mum guilt is real, but I also feel guilty because I enjoy going to work now. It’s a bit of “me” time where I can use my brain and have an adult conversation and I spent 6 years qualifying I couldn’t just stop but also, money. And then I feel guilty for enjoying being away from the baby.

Basically, I think we’re hardwired to feel guilty whatever we do! Enjoy work, I’m sure orange will love nursery and think of all the cute crafts you’ll be bringing home! Xxx

Also people who make “I could never…” comments about any aspect of parenting are the worst. “I could never leave my baby to go back to work” really, I could never be such a dick to people but there we go

Reactions: 5
@wakametango 2.0 how are you this morning?

How are they snotty nose brigade? Anyone manage any sleep? We did not because he was just fully raging that he couldn’t have his boobies because he couldn’t breathe and eat, so just spent all night having two sucks then crying himself back to sleep… waking five minutes later and repeat. Now he is properly awake he is able to manage a bit better though (which is good because I worry he will dehydrate if he doesn’t have 45 boobies overnight like he’s used to 🙈)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
@wakametango 2.0 how are you this morning?

How are they snotty nose brigade? Anyone manage any sleep? We did not because he was just fully raging that he couldn’t have his boobies because he couldn’t breathe and eat, so just spent all night having two sucks then crying himself back to sleep… waking five minutes later and repeat. Now he is properly awake he is able to manage a bit better though (which is good because I worry he will dehydrate if he doesn’t have 45 boobies overnight like he’s used to 🙈)
That sounds awful, but your description of the boobie and crying did make me chuckle a little. Poor boy!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Still waiting to be seen by a doctor! Been here since 9pm. Bloods have come back as high on something that means it’s clotting & baby tango has had to go with mr tango to work for the time being, poor love
Oh you poor love, you must be exhausted. I hope you’re seen asap.
Im imagining baby Tango in a suit and tie at a desk🤣

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.