New baby and post birth advice #15 Why don’t babies want to sleep or eat, they’re my two favourite things?!

My baby is…

• Under 3 months

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • 4-6 months

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • 7-9 months

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • 10-12 months

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • 1+ year

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Don’t know why I’m here, and I still want a box to tick

Votes: 19 16.5%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Realised I managed to make the last two threads both #13, so we’re skipping straight to 15 this time!

Thread title inspired by all the posts about lack of sleep and babies who just won’t feed ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I have a question/moan related to the thread title.
Is anyone else as rubbish at sleeping as their baby?
Last night I had a whopping total of 45 minutes of sleep. 45. Minutes. We are going through a rough time of hourly waking and I've become so stressed about it I now can't sleep?! 😩
I lay there like "well he's back down, one hour to get some sleep" then "I can't drop off, times ticking, now I've only got 45 minutes" "okay now it's 30 minutes, it's pointless going to sleep now" and repeat.
Husband took the baby so I could nap this afternoon and I still couldn't nap?! Am I broken? Has the baby broken me?? What if I never sleep again?! 😭😭😭 Obviously consoled myself with a McDonald's breakfast this morning. I am seriously flagging now.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Last night I had a whopping total of 45 minutes of sleep. 45. Minutes. We are going through a rough time of hourly waking and I've become so stressed about it I now can't sleep?! 😩
I lay there like "well he's back down, one hour to get some sleep" then "I can't drop off, times ticking, now I've only got 45 minutes" "okay now it's 30 minutes, it's pointless going to sleep now" and repeat.
Husband took the baby so I could nap this afternoon and I still couldn't nap?! Am I broken? Has the baby broken me?? What if I never sleep again?! 😭😭😭 Obviously consoled myself with a McDonald's breakfast this morning. I am seriously flagging now.
Yes this is me, too. After so many years of kids waking me at night I’m now worse than them at times. The one night I’ve ever been away without them I woke up about 4 times 😬 they break us.
hope tonight is better x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm exactly the same.
I feel like your brain is on constant alert to when they're going to wake up.
If I ever get the chance to nap, I'm still constantly awake listening out expecting one of them to cry or something

Reactions: 7
I'm exactly the same.
I feel like your brain is on constant alert to when they're going to wake up.
If I ever get the chance to nap, I'm still constantly awake listening out expecting one of them to cry or something
When I had my eldest someone I worked with basically said it’s like that forever, even when they are much older 😫😫😫

• Sad
According to the email I received from Bugaboo, its apparently world sleep day😂😂😂
These babies didn't get the memo did they?!

Is this why tesco is full of pensioners at 7am, they’ve just lost their ability to lie in?!
My Grandads 93, and he sleeps in like a dirty teenager. You won't catch him up before 11am😂.
I think he steals the sleep of tiny humans.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
This has been me recently, it’s unbelievably frustrating 😔

Reactions: 1
I lie awake while the whole house sleeps. I sleep with one eye and one ear open ☹ It’s so hard to turn your brain off sometimes

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
According to the email I received from Bugaboo, its apparently world sleep day😂😂😂

My Grandads 93, and he sleeps in like a dirty teenager. You won't catch him up before 11am😂.
What an absolute legend your grandad is!!

Baby o is like a little limpet today. All she wants to do is be held against me horizontally and sleep 😂 even the carrier won’t do. We’ve just come back to our bed to see if she’ll nap next to me to give my arms a break 😂

• Heart
I got this email, so rude :sleep::sleep::sleep:
I unsubscribed, not like I'm going to buy an impromptu £1000 pram.

• Haha
Reactions: 10

In boots there was a display of baby sleeping bags, with the slogan advertising them as the essential step to good sleep. Ah cool, ok - sleep bag, hadn’t thought of that 🙄 felt like buying one then suing them when she didn’t sleep

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Getting baby ready for bath time and she did a nice big projectile and a wee all over the changing mat 😂🙈 good job she was going in the bath

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Baby Goss just projecfile vomited and it HIT MY MOUTH and also my hair, pyjama top and then down my boobs. I’ve just had to wash and dry a section of my hair. She just looked at me like 😦

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Baby Goss just projecfile vomited and it HIT MY MOUTH and also my hair, pyjama top and then down my boobs. I’ve just had to wash and dry a section of my hair. She just looked at me like 😦
They always look shell shocked after a projectile

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’m really struggling with sleeping. It takes me ages to get to sleep, I lie awake for ages and as soon as I start to drop off baby wakes up.

Yes this is me, too. After so many years of kids waking me at night I’m now worse than them at times. The one night I’ve ever been away without them I woke up about 4 times 😬 they break us.
hope tonight is better x
Hope you’re feeling better!

Reactions: 4
I tested positive for covid on Tuesday and have been doing everything I can to avoid my 12 week old catching it, but she’s had a temperature all day (anywhere between 38-39) and she’s thrown up once so far. I can’t stop crying 😭 my poor baby 😭

• Heart
I've had a headache for literally 7 days.
Mr TY if you're reading this, now would be a great time to surprise us and come home because my heads fit too burst.

• Heart
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.