Nessa Cronin - Vanity Fair

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thought on Nessa from Vanity Fair. She does a lot of Instagramer try ons. Sinead Curvy style, Gina Daly, Kieran Corrigan missus, Denise from Pelo, Claire Balding.
What's the tea on Nessa

Reactions: 2
I think she's an odd fish. She was talking about how she got married just ran off, then the black wedding dress. I remember her at Chritmas saying she does not celebrate it at all. No tree no decorations. I always think when she's trying on clothes she's like a builder walking up to the mirror šŸ˜†šŸ™Š

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I really like her. Yesterday she did say something along the lines of the irony of her relying on big irish weddings for her business when she doesn't like them herself. I love her views on women's bodies and I truly believe she does see the beauty in all types and caters for them in her shop too. Sometimes i think she buys too much funky, sequinned, glitzy stuff which wouldnt be to my taste but each to their own. I think she just dislikes fuss but when weddings and other "big fuss" occasions are her bread and butter it's a bit šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
Generally like. If I could give her advice I would keep a business page and a personal page separate and I wouldnt listen to audiobooks while filming facial reactions to instastories!

I think sheā€™s great, I went to her shop and felt like absolute crap about myself, met her girls who were fantastic and left floating & feeling like a million dollars without being pushed into anything. I love how body positive she is and how she caters for a range of sizes not just the small sizes. If her page was all just try one it wouldnā€™t be great, the other bits bring a bit of reality into it. The wedding thing wouldnā€™t bother me either, not everyone wants a ā€œtraditional Irishā€ wedding, my sister got married in navy (told none of us about the wedding till the last minute) and she was stunning

I have been to the shop a number of times with my mother and mother in law for wedding outfits. She actually stocks some really fabulous stuff. I can't understand why she dresses some of the models and influencers in really "mumsey" stuff and not the great pieces she stocks.
I like her, she is friendly, funny but very opinionated.

Reactions: 1
The virus seems to have played havoc with her business. I haven't been to her shop but I imagine the clothes are good quality. It looks like a proper boutique. Loads of other boutique are flogging the same cheap looking tat and baggy jumpers for insane prices. I hope business picks up for her.

The virus seems to have played havoc with her business. I haven't been to her shop but I imagine the clothes are good quality. It looks like a proper boutique. Loads of other boutique are flogging the same cheap looking tat and baggy jumpers for insane prices. I hope business picks up for her.

I hope she can weather it but I would have my doubts. Its a large shop and fairly pricey but great investment pieces. I just don't think she markets herself well on Instagram.
She is known as a mother of the bride/groom shop but is so much more.
She has fabulous workwear, casual dresses and gorgeous night out/party wear.
I wish she would lose those obi belts and stock some funky, great quality leather belts.

Yes, there is something missing on her Instagram as far as the clothes go. It often looks like she just does plus size clothing with the bloggers she gets in to do try ons. Then it's more about making the blogger feel fantastic than showcasing the clothes.

I would say Nessa is as mad as a brush going by Instagram. I've been in the shop but she wasn't there at the time, however if anyone does get a chance to go in, do it. The stock is fantastic (and I'm genuinely a jeans and t-shirt gal). The staff she has are lovely, not the fawning over you I need commission type. They will actually dress you in what suits you without being pushy and you leave feeling fab. I'd highly recommend the shop.

I thought watching her story yesterday that she was going to announce she was closing. She seemed so emotional and upset and was trying to get her words together. It would be a massive loss to see her close.

She has said before sheā€™s not closing because she has a long lease on the shop, which has quite high rent too.

I don't like a lot of her styling but her staff seem very good. An obi does not suit every outfit. Whilst I like her attitude I do believe that one dress is not going to suit everyone and that we should try flatter our shapes which isn't her mantra so that made me wonder what she would suggest as a try on if I was to meet her in the shop.

Its such sad news. Covid-19 has affected so many businesses and she couldn't weather it. Hopefully she will do something online.

Gutted for her & the team. She tried so hard to make it work. No doubt when all this blows over sheā€™ll be back in some way or other

Iā€™m absolutely devastated for her and her staff. You could tell how much she loved the shop and all her staff. Not an easy decision to make.

I liked her page, love the way she empowered all women. Bought a few bits in the shop. I wonder now if she is regretting not getting more into the online side of things, I know she did during lockdown and probably hated every second of it. She carried some fab, high end clothes but equally was able to source cheaper affordable fashion too. If the online stuff had of had more of a run in the last couple of years, could it have possibly carried her through this?

Not in retail, havent a clue, just wondering out loud!

Any idea what Nessa will do next. Mortgage has to be paid and foot put on the table. The stress of the last 7 months must have been massive on both her and her husband.