Nessa Cronin - Vanity Fair

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like nessa she seems nice but some of her pieces that she says are ‘one size’ or go up to a 22/24 to me look too small on the models of that size! Like with certain cardigans and jumpers they can look far too short on the curvier models imo
Listen to her talking about body shape. Different shapes but the same size mean things will fit differently. I'm the same size as one of her models but the only thing I judge on them is length because I'm a totally different shape. I actually judge fit elsewhere based on someone four sizes bigger than me because proportionally they're much closer. She usually adds a proviso when talking about sizes, giving details about how something will fit on different shapes.

Ah she’s a scam artist. One size is bullshit
How is she a scam artist? She purposefully uses models of all shapes & sizes to show how each item will look, sometimes it’s obvious from that that it’s not really a one size fits all &
sometimes they’ll say that it really goes up to x size but that’s down to the manufacturer, not her & people have a choice not to buy after seeing it on the girls. She actively encourages people to view her stories before buying

Reactions: 7
Ya I don’t think she’s a scam artist she is open about things getting retuned too and her return policy is easy

Reactions: 6
She’s trading off the reputation of her previous business which stocked high end labels. She’s now selling cheap tat at a massive mark up

Reactions: 1
She’s trading off the reputation of her previous business which stocked high end labels. She’s now selling cheap tat at a massive mark up
You clearly have an agenda here. I've bought stuff off the try on online and at pop ups and there's nothing cheap or tatty about it. Her Jolies are almost 30 euro less than Next too.

Like any shop there's stuff that's more to some people's taste than others, and better quality than others, but your attacks on Nessa tonight are very pointed and unfair.

Reactions: 6
You clearly have an agenda here. I've bought stuff off the try on online and at pop ups and there's nothing cheap or tatty about it. Her Jolies are almost 30 euro less than Next too.

Like any shop there's stuff that's more to some people's taste than others, and better quality than others, but your attacks on Nessa tonight are very pointed and unfair.
I have to agree. I've bought a few things from Nessa. She's always honest. She has openly said it's not the same quality as Vanity fair.
Anything I've bought has been grand.
Some of her stock a bit "mad" but that's ok, I don't have to like everything she sells. Just like I don't like everything in River Island ect.

Reactions: 9
Just found this thread…. As a woman who fluctuates in size, I really miss the warmth of vanity fair. I was only there half a dozen times but honestly never felt more welcome in a clothes shop than I did in there. Her staff were amazing, and never did the hard sell.

the pop up shops were brilliant, such a great buzz and full of women complimenting each other which is unlikely to happen in a river island changing room. Her stuff can be quite quirky without a doubt,but there are lots of hidden gems on the website. I love that the orders arrive with affirmation cards, I think it’s a really nice touch.

I can’t see Nessa ever opening a shop again, but I hope she keeps the online store going, and that she brings back the pop ups next year.

Reactions: 7
What does everyone think of the style solutions stuff?
The service that's 39 a year is a total godsend, saves hours of traipsing around a shopping centre. I've bought stuff off it from shops I'd never visit and have yet to need to return anything.

If you're talking about her own stuff, she rebranded the try on to style solutions so there's the usual mix of stuff. Some things will appeal to some and not to others but bear in mind that if she's recommending jeans from Dunnes she's not going to be selling similar stuff so she's probably gone more to the kooky side for her own stock.

Reactions: 3
The service that's 39 a year is a total godsend, saves hours of traipsing around a shopping centre. I've bought stuff off it from shops I'd never visit and have yet to need to return anything.

If you're talking about her own stuff, she rebranded the try on to style solutions so there's the usual mix of stuff. Some things will appeal to some and not to others but bear in mind that if she's recommending jeans from Dunnes she's not going to be selling similar stuff so she's probably gone more to the kooky side for her own stock.
Yeah I was talking about the 39 euro one. Good to know!

Reactions: 1