Nelly_London

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh really? Maybe she just seems smaller to me! I think it’s because she’s clearly taller than she says. I’m a 14 and I’m definitely bigger than her!
clothing sizes are petty arbitrary… they change depending on brand/factory they are made in.

plus, anyone can fit into a variety of sizes. For context, I have about a 28 inch waist which usually fits into a size 10 or 12, but the occasional size 8. However my bust is 40 inches which means I could be up to a size 14, maybe even a 16, on some clothing.

women’s bodies have so much variety, so no one is really ever a single dress size. It all depends on the fabric type, style and how comfortable you feel in it.

as a side note, I think Nelly has actually gained weight recently if anything, which is totally normal (as she herself says in her latest post), she’s still a slim, attractive woman.

physically she looks lovely, it’s the lack of character and deep dishonesty that I think is the worst. She spends so much time focusing on her weight and her looks, constantly taking selfies, when it’s so shallow.

as someone who had very disordered eating - when I felt “ugly” or “fat” I didn’t really feel those things - I just felt bad on the inside. I felt bad about myself as a person. I just didn’t understand that. My emotions were complex and difficult to process, so it was easier to project it onto my physical self. That made it much simpler, more tangible - and provided an “easy” solution. Lose weight and I’d feel in control, less overwhelmed and “good”, right?

except no matter how much weight I lost, I always felt fat. I was so underweight I was constantly ill and stopped having periods, but I still felt and saw myself as “fat”. Because I wasn’t addressing those complex feelings of rejection, inadequacy etc. that were the real reasons behind my feeling “fat”.

Nelly has been taking pictures of herself in her undies for a while now. She’s made it her full time job. And it probably does validate some people on a fairly superficial level.

But true ED recovery IME, is 90% addressing how you think of yourself and 10% learning to accept your body. Taking selfies will not ever address how you feel about yourself, which I guess is why I find Helenas whole online persona very unsettling. She’s selling a pipe dream.

Id much rather see her be honest (and not the kind of pity party honest, posting herself in dirty clothing for the sympathy likes), I’d like to see her be more authentic, actually working with brands she does genuinely care about (because no one is that excited about razors). I’d prefer to see Helena get a job so shes in a position to turn down brand deals that don’t align with her supposed values. I’d like to see her be honest about her name, to stop forcing it with her relationship online. Another comparison pic of when she was skinnier? Boring and rehashed and doesn’t really mean anything. Truly authentic about the areas of your life you are willing to share? That’s more groundbreaking

• Heart
Reactions: 10
On a side note; I was surprised her mum lives in a flat. I thought when nelly lived at home she lived in her parents house? Have her parents split up or something?

Reactions: 2
On a side note; I was surprised her mum lives in a flat. I thought when nelly lived at home she lived in her parents house? Have her parents split up or something?
This is another weird one, a while ago she said her parents moved into her old flat. So have they sold their house? I don’t know 🤷🏼‍♀️!

Reactions: 6
This is another weird one, a while ago she said her parents moved into her old flat. So have they sold their house? I don’t know 🤷🏼‍♀️!
part of me thinks, it’s none of our business :LOL: Another part of me thinks Nelly should probably offer a bit more clarity.

My rationale is, Nelly makes money from us (her audience) precisely because she does share everything. She is relatable and chats to her insta audience as if we are her friends, creating a faux sense of trust and rapport. Brands don’t collab with her because of her innovative ideas or marketing experience. They are buying that fake-relationship.

Her flat/living situation was part of that. She even has a separate account for it.

in the words of Mark Boyd;

“Influencers, both “macro” and “micro”, trade on the conceit that the boundary between their public and private lives is porous.

Some would have us believe that the boundary does not exist. We are seeing their full, authentic selves, always.

The current crisis [the pandemic] has revealed the fact that influencers are about more than just sharing their lives, and then maybe making some money as a by-product.

When it comes down to it, influencers are running a business and we are their saleable currency.”

Reactions: 7
part of me thinks, it’s none of our business :LOL: Another part of me thinks Nelly should probably offer a bit more clarity.

My rationale is, Nelly makes money from us (her audience) precisely because she does share everything. She is relatable and chats to her insta audience as if we are her friends, creating a faux sense of trust and rapport. Brands don’t collab with her because of her innovative ideas or marketing experience. They are buying that fake-relationship.

Her flat/living situation was part of that. She even has a separate account for it.

in the words of Mark Boyd;

“Influencers, both “macro” and “micro”, trade on the conceit that the boundary between their public and private lives is porous.

Some would have us believe that the boundary does not exist. We are seeing their full, authentic selves, always.

The current crisis [the pandemic] has revealed the fact that influencers are about more than just sharing their lives, and then maybe making some money as a by-product.

When it comes down to it, influencers are running a business and we are their saleable currency.”
Same! I’m like she doesn’t have to tell us these things, but when you only get bits of a story, I get all nosy and need to know!

Reactions: 8
Yep those leggings are going to roll down the second she stops posing

I have to address the elephant/camel in the room. This is just not a good ad for the leggings is it 😳
the leggings look terrible on her. They look like they are a bit too tight in the crotch and the waist. They are gymwear fgs, they don’t need to “hold” your waist in. They just need to be comfortable. There’s no way she is as comfy as she says she is - you can see it digging into her skin. I know she likes to fib a lot but c’mon, we aren’t blind. How would she be able to work out in leggings that she looks like she can barely breathe in?

oh yeh that’s right, she won’t. She’ll sell them on Depop in a couple of weeks and claim a “percentage” is going to charity (0.1% maybe?)

Reactions: 8
It's time for thread number 2...

Nelly_London #2 Fake name, only underwear pics that all look the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
3F7AF2CA-BB8F-4048-9E78-5CF14C33738A.jpeg

I don’t get it. “Zero camel toe”

except there *literally* is on most of those sets. It’s like she’s staring into the camera and saying “this set is a lovely pink colour” with a straight face. It’s insane.

and so much for not doing fast fashion hauls. Another lie.

• Heart
I had a high waist pair like that (not gymshark) and they were an absolute nightmare to do anything in.

Was considering trying gymshark in the future but won't lie this has put me off 🐪

Every time I see her in shorts or knickers they’re practically pulled up to her armpits so there’s always a camel toe/wedgie situation going on!

• Haha
If I had to see it, so do you

Her new video. Couldn't stand it any more.
Screenshot_20220329-201314_YouTube.jpg

• Haha
she has the sex appeal of a potato chip when she does that. It’s just so forced and unnatural looking.

i think fenty lingerie looks nice but I don’t think Nelly does it justice

What was the caption?

It’s just SO hard, you’ve got to like, take the clothes off and then put them back on and then… take them off again. EXHAUSTING.
Fenty lingerie pisses me off too. Just like nelly they pretend to be inclusive when they're not. I'm a 32HH and their biggest 32 cup is DD

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Every time I see her in shorts or knickers they’re practically pulled up to her armpits so there’s always a camel toe/wedgie situation going on!
nelly has terrible taste in clothing IMO and doesn’t dress to suit her body at all. It’s like she thinks she’s a lot shorter than she actually is. She says she’s short, she dresses like she’s petite - but it looks as though she’s a slightly taller woman not buying clothing in the right size.

Reactions: 6
nelly has terrible taste in clothing IMO and doesn’t dress to suit her body at all. It’s like she thinks she’s a lot shorter than she actually is. She says she’s short, she dresses like she’s petite - but it looks as though she’s a slightly taller woman not buying clothing in the right size.
Of i see her in one more House of CB dress, ill scream

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Not sure I've ever seen her in an item (clothing or undies) that didn't look like it was made in a sweat shop, she has the money to buy well, she should be ashamed at promoting all this fast fashion! And obviously getting her tits out on YouTube...

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Not sure I've ever seen her in an item (clothing or undies) that didn't look like it was made in a sweat shop, she has the money to buy well, she should be ashamed at promoting all this fast fashion! And obviously getting her tits out on YouTube...
That last part.

She is so obsessed with her body. Its stupid.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.