Nelly_London

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Controversial opinion but I’ve found a lot of content creators who are recovering from EDs are still hyper obsessed with their body. It’s like they’ve replace one obsessed/addiction with another ? She’s obsessed with showing that she too has rolls (when she contorts her body) and that she has hip dips (when she pulls her knickers all the way up to her chin). Is it true recovering ? I don’t think so personally because her entire brand/appeal is about how her body looks. She has a very controlled way of how she shows off her body that is very ritualistic and she seems to be very overwhelmed with trying to keep up this façade

Reactions: 27
That last part.

She is so obsessed with her body. Its stupid.
I feel kind of sad for her at times, she’s always having these nights in alone and she just seems to go from her apartment to the beach and back every day. She doesn’t seem to have any interests and a lot of people have a small social circle but there is rarely talks of friends. Her only interest is her body!!

Reactions: 5
Controversial opinion but I’ve found a lot of content creators who are recovering from EDs are still hyper obsessed with their body. It’s like they’ve replace one obsessed/addiction with another ? She’s obsessed with showing that she too has rolls (when she contorts her body) and that she has hip dips (when she pulls her knickers all the way up to her chin). Is it true recovering ? I don’t think so personally because her entire brand/appeal is about how her body looks. She has a very controlled way of how she shows off her body that is very ritualistic and she seems to be very overwhelmed with trying to keep up this façade
ive noticed that too. Another influencer I used to follow started off her account as ED recovery years ago, but it fell by the wayside a looong time ago when she gained traction. She has a large following now and “influences” as a full time job. No mention of any ED stuff anymore but she is stick thin and doesn’t look healthy at all. I do think she has replaced the ED stuff with curating an image on insta now instead.

I feel kind of sad for her at times, she’s always having these nights in alone and she just seems to go from her apartment to the beach and back every day. She doesn’t seem to have any interests and a lot of people have a small social circle but there is rarely talks of friends. Her only interest is her body!!
yep I feel sad for her too. Her insta content seems to be her life.

Reactions: 4
her latest reel about not needing to be good at any of your hobbies - fair enough, but in that case, what is Helena good at?

Reactions: 3
her latest reel about not needing to be good at any of your hobbies - fair enough, but in that case, what is Helena good at?
you don’t need to be good at hobbies but it’s good to actually have some, other than, yano, taking selfies

Reactions: 4
I don't think she would've posted that TikTok about size 8 friends saying they're fat if she was truly recovered why does she care? She should be comfortable enough in her own body to not be bothered by what other people think of their bodies, to not compare herself to them and also she should know how dreadful body dysmorphia is and that it can effect anyone at any size or weight and that if someone who looks skinny thinks that they're fat they're probably dealing with their own issues and that they are valid and allowed to feel that way about their body even if they're skinnier than she is

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Has anyone watched her tesco ‘date night’ videos? The high pitched, squeaky voice is back when she’s talking to B 🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 9
That reel took her 4 weeks to make……think I eye rolled so hard I injured myself

• Haha
Reactions: 11
That reel took her 4 weeks to make……think I eye rolled so hard I injured myself
good Lord.

the worst part is, it isn’t even her idea. She’s copied someone else. I mean, at least she was upfront about that.

its not creative, it’s not innovative. It’s scraping the barrel and looks desperate. She’s lost the plot.

you know what would be healthier? Not obsessing over food to the point you feel the need to put stickers on it for four weeks(!!!) and just get out and actually live life.

Reactions: 10
I’ve legit lost count of the amount of times I’ve seen her post that a reel was ‘inspired’ by another influencer’s post. For a content creator she doesn’t create much original content

• Heart
Reactions: 14
THAT FACE god she is a dreadful looking woman, ugly on the inside and out it seems

Also why copy someone else’s content? Be original for gods sake. The video is EXACYLY the same as the girl she was “inspired by” ... honey call it what it is, it’s COPYING

Attachments

Reactions: 5
THAT FACE god she is a dreadful looking woman, ugly on the inside and out it seems

Also why copy someone else’s content? Be original for gods sake. The video is EXACYLY the same as the girl she was “inspired by” ... honey call it what it is, it’s COPYING
She looks like MoMo

• Haha
Reactions: 22
4 weeks? WEEKS?!!! Hahahaha.
She needs to get a new ‘job’ if that took 4 weeks.

I know there’s not really much fresh content that hasn’t been done before but she literally just copies everyone else all of the time.

• Heart
I’ve legit lost count of the amount of times I’ve seen her post that a reel was ‘inspired’ by another influencer’s post. For a content creator she doesn’t create much original content
what even is a content creator? One description is “creates entertaining or educational material to be expressed through any medium or channel”

is Nelly’s stuff really educational or entertaining? You could maybe make the argument that it is, “entertaining” is pretty subjective.

To me though, Nelly is someone who started Instagram as a bit of a vanity project, like a lot of influencers really. Scrolling back her grid features mainly selfies and pictures of herself. She managed to gain traction because of tagging brands and because she was different from a lot of the super skinny insta crowd. She fills a void in that respect because there aren’t many mid size or larger influencers - probably because of the sheer amount of abuse “larger” women get (and when I say “larger” I mean anyone above a size 10 without the flattest stomach). So many women are drawn to her grid because her content doesn’t make them feel bad for not having unrealistically slim bodies.

She didn’t have to do anything innovative which is why her content is so abysmal. She just had to step into the blank space.

To give credit where it’s due, I don’t think Nelly created this account to be brave or inspiring. Deep down, I don’t think she even really cares, I think her Instagram is all about validating herself. But at the very least, I hope her relative success on insta adds fuel to the fire, so to speak. Sends a message to industries that women want to see “normal” bodies. She’s not a trailblazer by any means but I am so sick of seeing stick thin actresses, seeing actresses slowly get smaller, seeing any regular looking woman being torn apart because her body isn’t a stick. I’m fed up with the likes of the hadid sisters - and their well documented, unhealthy relationship with food - being held up as a gold standard of beauty. And this standard is being forced upon us by male directors, producers, marketing execs, fashion designers etc.

Reactions: 6
So here are my questions which have gone unanswered so far:
1) How much was made from her depop clothing sale and what percentage was donated to a Ukrainian charity?
2) Who was the Ukrainian charity? She never mentioned
3) What does she do? Where does she get her income? I may be naive but I cannot imagine getting a percentage of sales for discount codes brings in alot of income? Does her YouTube make that much? No podcasts, no promotion, no marketing agency? Who is funding her taking four weeks to make an Instagram reel that could have been done in a morning while hungover or drinking?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
So here are my questions which have gone unanswered so far:
1) How much was made from her depop clothing sale and what percentage was donated to a Ukrainian charity?
2) Who was the Ukrainian charity? She never mentioned
3) What does she do? Where does she get her income? I may be naive but I cannot imagine getting a percentage of sales for discount codes brings in alot of income? Does her YouTube make that much? No podcasts, no promotion, no marketing agency? Who is funding her taking four weeks to make an Instagram reel that could have been done in a morning while hungover or drinking?
would love to know this too. I’m assuming she could maybe ask for a couple of grand for each post? She’s got 471k followers so id guess she charges between £4-5K per post. And she’s not fussy about the brands she works with and takes anything.

she also has affiliated links with beauty bay, Estrid etc.

She seems pretty shady about her income tbh. Lots of vague references to “donating to charity” and then the weird situation with her old flat.

Reactions: 9
I see Nelly is on a Podcast being heavily pushed by Em Clarkson….talking about her walking down the street in broad daylight dressed like she was off to do some BDSM like it was the bravest thing anyones ever done.

I still can’t get over that she did that. Fair enough spread some body positivity but why dress like a prostitute to do it? Would some normal sized knickers and a bralette not have done it?

It’s up there with one of the most self indulgent things I’ve ever seen: she’s still acting like she’s saving the world.

Attachments

So I’m only a little way into yesterdays vlog but she really doesn’t like her boyfriend does she!!! You can see how irritated she is at him and the side glances to the camera like she’s too cool. Awful! He actually seems quite fun too when he’s not just pawing her awkwardly sorry ‘sexily’ 🤢

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.