Neighbours

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The last episode on August 1st is going to be an hour long I have just read.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I still don’t think I’m ready for it 😭. Still in denial. I hope it ends on a high at least.

Reactions: 6
I still don’t think I’m ready for it 😭. Still in denial. I hope it ends on a high at least.
Yes so do I, but they are teasing a death. It could just be a red herring to throw people off the scent, who knows? I think next week there is going to be something involving Hendrix's illness storyline. If what I have read is correct I think it is way off what would happen in a real life situation, but when has that ever stopped scriptwriters! I hate pulling Neighbours apart though because although I have only been back watching it less than a yr I have really enjoyed it! It's true you don't know what you have until it's gone and I wish I had not stopped watching it for 25yrs. If I don't like any comments on here it's mostly because I have patchy knowledge of characters during those lost 25 yrs.. It's going to make the next couple of months interesting as I won't have a clue who half the returning cast are! From 1986 to 95 I can do but nothing after!

Reactions: 1
Imagine if the death is Paul and a who dunit certainly seems that way as everyone hates him right now, that would have been an amazing storyline.

Reactions: 2
I think killing Paul off is way to obvious though (and I’d be disappointed if they did as killing off Paul is quite lazy story writing imo) same with Harold coming back to erinsborough and dying. Then again there’s a really fine balance between killing off an obvious major character and killing off someone totally unimportant and irreverent (see Britney at Xmas just gone)

Unpopular opinion does it really matter who they kill off now it’s ending? Even if they kill a major character it won’t have an impact as it’ll be over within weeks anyway so it’ll fall flat and no one will care

Reactions: 3
Unpopular opinion does it really matter who they kill off now it’s ending? Even if they kill a major character it won’t have an impact as it’ll be over within weeks anyway so it’ll fall flat and no one will care
I've heard from friends of friends in the industry that there is still a very slight glimmer of hope that it will be saved in some capacity - perhaps even a one-hour show airing weekly.

I'm thinking a fake death (Paul) ... make it look real enough for the finale, but work on a clever way to bring him back if the show is thrown a lifeline.

I've heard from friends of friends in the industry that there is still a very slight glimmer of hope that it will be saved in some capacity - perhaps even a one-hour show airing weekly.

I'm thinking a fake death (Paul) ... make it look real enough for the finale, but work on a clever way to bring him back if the show is thrown a lifeline.
Here's hoping then ref it being saved. I would love that sort of schedule, soaps are on too often hence only following one. A case of Paul, his 6 wives and a canoe.. maybe.. I think it might be Harlow who dies she is certainly in danger at the moment, but that might be too obvious..

This new neighbours, the police man’s wife is infuriating. Just shut up.

I find it weird that they bought them in to the street but perhaps their contract was signed before the collapse happened so they had to continue.

Her and her daughter are such irritating characters.

Reactions: 6
I actually thought they just needed a family at short notice after Sheila left so as they already had them in recurring roles they just made them regular characters. It’s all a bit shoe-horned in with Levi now living with the Kennedy’s as they basically had nowhere else to put him.

I actually like her, a little busy bodyish but she’s not malicious at all. I think in time she would have really grown into a strong matriarchal role.

I really hope and pray that, like Emmerdale and Corrie, a channel here shows it right from the beginning. Not sure how that would work as it was shown on different channels here whereas they were both shown on so I suppose it depends who owns the rights to it all.
I would love to rewatch the House of Trouser era and to lust over Mal and Billy Kennedy etc 😍

I’m sure I read that Lucas is coming back but it didn’t mention Vanessa.
i never knew Pierce no. 2 is married to her.
There are so many connections with neighbours like Sonya (Eve Moray) being married to Tad in real life and Stefan Dennis’ real wife blowing up lassisters.
i always like finding out about things like that. Off to Google Pierce no. 2 now 😁

NOOOOOO! That has blown my mind (Sonya and Tad). In my head he's still this cheeky wee chappy and she always seemed so much older than me (she's only 2 years older) but her character was always so boring and frumpy. I just can't see them together 😂. Away to Google if there any more bizarre pairings....

I knew Therese's mum looked familiar. She was already in the soap for 3 years way back in 2004 as momma to the Cammeniti girls. I remember them more than her..

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
I really hope and pray that, like Emmerdale and Corrie, a channel here shows it right from the beginning. Not sure how that would work as it was shown on different channels here whereas they were both shown on so I suppose it depends who owns the rights to it all.
I would love to rewatch the House of Trouser era and to lust over Mal and Billy Kennedy etc 😍

NOOOOOO! That has blown my mind (Sonya and Tad). In my head he's still this cheeky wee chappy and she always seemed so much older than me (she's only 2 years older) but her character was always so boring and frumpy. I just can't see them together 😂. Away to Google if there any more bizarre pairings....

I knew Therese's mum looked familiar. She was already in the soap for 3 years way back in 2004 as momma to the Cammeniti girls. I remember them more than her..
Therese's mum doesn't look old enough in my opinion, but Therese did say "she had us young and resented us a lot". She and Paul are going to get rather cosy.. I would love someone to play Neighbours from the beginning so I could catch up on those lost 25yrs, but even if it's possible it's a big commitment. Neighbours has been on 5 days a week since it's beginning I think...

I hate when people come back to the same show as a new character. When someone has been in as long as three years that really is taking the piss on us viewers. She looks nothing like Terese either. She's got a pear shaped head and Terese a strawberry.

For those of you who remember/watched Eldorado (please don’t judge 😛) I can see Paul doing a Marcus Tandy at the end whilst everyone else thinks he’s dead and just buried him 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.