Neighbours

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The guy who tweeted that has confirmed it’s nothing to do with the racism allegations.

Reactions: 4
I wonder what the other big story was meant to be? A big return or departure I’d imagine.

I saw something on Twitter about the actor playing Ned was leaving as his contracts up so assumed it was that

Reactions: 2
I’m in the U.K. it used to be on itv then it got dropped years ago. I’ve looked online but couldn’t find anything but if you know of any site??? That would be amazing. I loved watching it.
If you Google the name, followed by 'watch online free' some options should pop up

--------------------------------------------------

I think it's really sad ... many of us grew up watching it, or always remember it being there, which provided comfort in many ways. I haven't made a point of watching it in years, as I didn't like the whole 'woke' path it was going down, but I do still feel sad about it finishing up.

I wonder if the racism accusations were a ploy to kill it off. The woman who played Toadie's sister-in-law made the accusations after her contract was terminated ... she didn't seem to have any complaints before that. The other complainant - the lady who shared Sheila's name - was only on as a guest; maybe she thought she should've been given a regular role. Who knows. But the timing is very suspect.

There have been funny things going on behind the scenes for years. I remember when Eve ("Sonya") left and it came out that her contract hadn't been renewed which was a bit - "What?!" - she was quite a central character.

Also, a couple of the past characters became directors on the show - "Lauren" and the guy who played the mechanic ... not that there's anything weird with that as a lot of cast members move to behind the scenes while they're on screen and after their character has left the show ... but I wondered if there were some politics at play. Just a feeling; nothing to back that up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I saw something on Twitter about the actor playing Ned was leaving as his contracts up so assumed it was that
It’s probably a cast arrival or departure, but I doubt it’s Ned as he’s hardly a major character. Maybe they were bringing back another legend like they’ve done with Jane, Clive and Melanie? Lou or Harold perhaps? As long as Karl, Susan, Paul and Toadie are there it would work.

Reactions: 2
Looks like this is the other big news. Sheila’s left.

There is meant to be another character coming in too . Hardly seems worth it although I guess filming with her started a few months back. Also they have to go on hoping for the best but preparing for the worse I guess..

The mail has pictures of the cast leaving their meeting. The lady that plays Chloe looks like she’s been crying. Bit unfair to post that article I think ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 7
The mail has pictures of the cast leaving their meeting. The lady that plays Chloe looks like she’s been crying. Bit unfair to post that article I think ☹
Yes I saw that. It's very unfair most of us have had bad news job meetings in our time and nobody looks their best after one of them...Very low act..

April, she's been tagged in a few posts on a neighbours group but hasn't replied, I thought she'd be upset. April does a lot for neighbours fans, interacts with them etc. It's shocking that they only found out via the British press. On a other note, she's the daughter of an inxs member.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
f you Google the name, followed by 'watch online free' some options should pop up
Thanks you 👍 will do some googling later.

I’m a little behind with neighbours (only about 10 days) as I was really busy with work so now I’m wondering if I drop down to a couple of episodes a week I can stretch out the viewing past August and pretend it’s not gone in 😂
I just hope another channel can see its potential. 1.5millions views is decent viewing and surely cost saving could be made in production.

A lot of talk online about how she’s suddenly been written out offscreen and indications it may have something to do with the race rows previously reported?
She had a holiday in real life, so I think it's to do with that. I don't think it was her involved in the allegations.

I’m all for saving the show but I can’t see it happening. I think soaps have had their day and I wouldn’t be surprised to see one of the UK soaps axed in the near future as well. The thing that gets me the most though is that Neighbours is in far better shape than it’s UK counterparts, and that it’s being dropped while Eastenders is still on air despite being unwatchable tripe really stings.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.