Neighbours

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m surprised it’s lasted this long tbh. It must be a massive flop if channel 5 was the only thing supporting them.

Reactions: 1
I’m gutted. I love neighbours, it’s my 20 mins of sun and relax. I’ve watched for over 30 years.
It’s like when they cancelled shortland street all over again.
There are a few petitions going round, they are being shared on the neighbours group

C5 gave up on neighbours a long time ago, they messed around during the pandemic and we were months behind and now we're a day ahead. C5 was the worst thing to happen to the show.
I can't understand why people are on here commenting that they're glad it's finishing because they find it boring, don't watch it then. It's a great show for escapism, covid doesn't exist, they have some bat tit crazy storylines, it's great.

Reactions: 10
I haven't watched it since I was at Uni. I sometimes forget it's even still shown!

It's probably not surprising, though. I was reading that they only show it in Australia 4 days a week now, so Channel 5 is bizarrely ahead of the Australian broadcast, when it always used to be the other way around.

End of an era, but most soaps have a shelf life.

Reactions: 3
I haven't watched it since I was at Uni. I sometimes forget it's even still shown!

It's probably not surprising, though. I was reading that they only show it in Australia 4 days a week now, so Channel 5 is bizarrely ahead of the Australian broadcast, when it always used to be the other way around.

End of an era, but most soaps have a shelf life.
They did that so we could catch up here, due to C5 messing around and not showing it at the beginning of the pandemic.

Reactions: 2
They did that so we could catch up here, due to C5 messing around and not showing it at the beginning of the pandemic.
Yeah but they're still only showing it 4 days a week in Australia for the forseeable future, even though the UK has caught up and is now a week ahead - which was perhaps a sign of what was coming.

I could understand if there was some new show airing, but old repeats of Friends fill the Neighbours slot in Aus on Fridays. Which presumably means that gets more viewers.

Apparently it's losing C5 money - i.e. the cost of production is more than the advertising brings in.

Reactions: 4
I'm in a panic this morning and I know it's going to sound pathetic but I'm so upset that Neighbours is being axed! I have watched it from the start..it like another one of daily routines gone!

I stopped watching H&A a couple of years ago as I thought the storyline were too over the top..I have been watching the old ones on Prime though..
It doesn't sound pathetic. It's very sad news. It's come at a time for me where I have big life changes going on and the familiarity of escaping to Ramsey Street is like a comfort blanket that I'm really not ready to lose.

I do still watch Home and Away so at least that's still on. However I don't feel it offers the same humour value and nostalgia that Neighbours does.

Reactions: 8
I always assumed that it had stopped filming during the pandemic in the same way that the U.K soaps had done and that’s why they’d taken it off?

I always assumed that it had stopped filming during the pandemic in the same way that the U.K soaps had done and that’s why they’d taken it off?
I think it did for a bit but then channel 5 didn’t put it back in for a while after it started again in Australia.

They had a 2 week break that they always have around Easter that they extended by a week or two and that was it. They went back to shooting really quickly.

I don’t think Netflix/prime tv are really all that interested in soaps. There originals/part funded programs(stuff that might air on proper tv in one country but Netflix globally/regionally) are all just series of six to ten episodes. If they did take it on i think it probably stop being the soap we know and morph into something else entirely.

There’s been rumours for years that the show was going to be axed or at risk of being asked and that without the UK it would’ve been off air years ago. Unfortunately a rescue deal is unlikely most of the other channels just don’t have the schedule space and it would likely end up on a side channel ITV2/3 or E4/more 4. The only slight glimmer of hope I have is that the BBC could pick it up for bbc 3 (despite the relaunch there’s sod all worth watching at the moment) but the bbc is in a fragile position unlikely.

Reactions: 4

Hopefully this works is on the change.org website.

Damn it didn’t work. Bare with me!

I wonder what the other big story was meant to be? A big return or departure I’d imagine.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.