Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Don’tStart

VIP Member
Thank you for using my thread suggestion 😊!

The Neighbours producer Jason Herbison has given an exclusive interview to Digital Spy, discussing show’s revival.

One thing he said stood out to me. When asked if Neighbours would be returning in a daily episode format or just for one series, he said they’ve got plenty more announcements surrounding the show’s revival coming up, but he assured us there will be lots of new episodes to enjoy.

On Twitter, AmazonUK have just replied to Amazon Freevee’s announcement that Neighbours will be returning. Baring in mind, AmazonUK has 1.5 million Twitter followers 😳!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

Wood79

Chatty Member
I know, every day the same snippets. Just get on with it, although I'm past caring now. I think I've decided I could live without her and her slightly irritating habit of repeating the starting word of every sentence.
Ha I hadn't noticed she did that! I must listen when she is on! I am a bit like that with her, it's not like her and Mike are going to remain together.

newtoyou

VIP Member
Just saw a guy online who’s seen the first few eps and re Mel and Toadies scene in the house
Apparently this was a flashback to them discussing going to T&P’s recommitment ceremony. You can tell in the way Toad looks to the side that it’s a flashback apparently

Baxter75

Trevor the dog 🐶🩷

Trying to figure out Terese's job! Council? Power road sets (Grease Monkeys / Handywoman/ The 82) to be replaced with retirement village?

Spoiler? Please can you mark this as a spoiler next time as some of us are trying to avoid them
I'm so sorry!! I've reported the comment and asked for it to either be put behind a spoiler or just remove it. Although I realise this doesn't solve the issue of you having already seen it. Sorry again!

Wood79

Chatty Member
Interesting to see if the whole family come back now, I would assume they are if they have Sadie back.
I read somewhere that they were all coming back, I don't think they were given a far crack of the whip really.. Hopefully time has gone on and Sadie won't be public enemy no 1 quite so much and maybe Wendy will grow on me! I did think the actress who plays her was very good about the fact that she had just got her big break then it came crashing down..She was like "well they can't take the fact that we are the last family to move in to Ramsey St away"! Little did she know..but for all the right reasons!

Ensay

VIP Member
I think the best part about new Neighbours is that everyone is at the same stage in the storyline. I know we were on the same pace as Australia towards the end of the show, but Ireland was a day or two behind us and I know a few other places around the world were.

Home and Away is worse where the UK is about 6 weeks behind Australia, and Ireland is a day or two behind us. Presumably it then becomes quite hard to avoid spoilers.

Em_

VIP Member
Yes I was a child in the late 80s so completely bought in to the whole Kylie and Jason thing at the time but would have been quite happy for them not to have appeared in the final! I know they were dammed if they did, dammed if they didn't but no just no. I won't be watching their wedding again.
I watched their wedding on freevee, but I was more invested in Libby and Drew and Toadie and Dee's wedding.

Multi-21

VIP Member
@Wood79 was it you who posted a list of storylines that were scrapped when the show was cancelled?
I feel like one of them was a Rodwell son showing up. Maybe they’re trying to repurpose that

Horrible news :( So young too. I was a big fan of hers on the show. I think it was because she was very top heavy and in my teen days I was more boobs than bum.
I was thinking about her during the final episodes thinking about all the Scully’s we hadn’t seen for years.
Awful news

pixxyy

VIP Member
I'm jumping ahead on freevee to 2022, Wonder how far a unemployed Girl can get before it comes back. Theres 152 eps at 22mins but first min is usually a recap. Get your guesses in haha

Wood79

Chatty Member
It’s so annoying. They need to sort it out.
I watch with the Freevee app on my phone and it has never done that to me. I think by reading on Facebook it has something to do with the Prime app settings. I have always just purely watched on Freevee though and seem to have avoided it. I could just be lucky or it could be worth giving this method a go.

Em_

VIP Member
Yes I noticed she was still using Willis which in itself was her married name

I feel like Amazon are adding in more and longer adverts since the first week but that might just be my perception and not actually happening
I had 3 ad breaks last week, but only 2 this week. The ads were also 30 seconds, but they're longer now. I also can't skip the opening titles. I'm glad it's back, but they need more cast members. I'm hoping we get some decent storylines soon.

Guitarwarrior

VIP Member
I think it’s going to very interesting who out of the younger ones do return and how it’s explained where they’ve gone rather than it just being glossed over. Maybe the opening could be another monologue from Susan talking about the year they’ve been away and then it’s gets any awkward X/Y/Z person moved on. I do hope they don’t force any of the abandoned storylines onto new neighbours such as the earthquake mostly because it sounded dreadful.