Names You Can’t Stand #9 Nevaeh is the patron saint of this thread.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I loveeee Thea and Phoebe, also Clio/Cleo but we've got no Greek near our family trees. I'd still use Phoebe and Thea I think as they're not 'obviously' from the pantheon.

I know an Athena and an Artemis, who are both Greek or Cypriot so that seems on brand, but it does sound a bit weird especially if people aren't aware that naming from the Greek Gods is quite common in Greek culture.
I love the name Artemis. I was gutted I couldn't use it in the end but also, it wouldn't have been my first choice girls name. In the end I gave the name to a wooden duck I bought on holiday (as you do).

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I discovered a subreddit that's dedicated to weird names/uniquely spelled names, it's called r/tragedeigh 🤣 would recommend to those who are on reddit

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I saw/heard a Kollyns the other day on YouTube. It’s a yooneek spelling of Collins, which is ridiculously popular for baby girls, at least based on the YouTube videos I have seen. I think it is just so ugly! Colin just makes me think of the spoilt, whiny and sickly Colin from The Secret Garden, so Collins is about a billion times worse!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I saw/heard a Kollyns the other day on YouTube. It’s a yooneek spelling of Collins, which is ridiculously popular for baby girls, at least based on the YouTube videos I have seen. I think it is just so ugly! Colin just makes me think of the spoilt, whiny and sickly Colin from The Secret Garden, so Collins is about a billion times worse!
that looks and sounds like a street name here, round the corner…. Who wouldn’t want to be known as street?

Reactions: 3
I think Denis is grand it’s a normal name at least !

Sorry if anyone has a child with these names, but they just scream CHAV -

Boys:
Brooklyn
Callum
Taylor/Tyler
Jayden/Kayden/Brayden/Hayden
Jax/Jackson/Jaxon
Braxton, Brycen, Braeden.

Girls:
Tilly/Milly/Lilly
India - place names in general really
Poppy/Molly
Also anything like - Lacey Mae/ Tilly Mae/Summer Rae/Layla Rae

• Haha
In my daughter’s year she has a Kenzie, Kai and a Kian. They’re all shits. No surprise there!
Also dislike the name Yasmin - just call your child Jasmine ffs 🙄
Anything hyphenated is ridiculous - the second part rarely gets used so just give them a middle name and be done with it.

Reactions: 4
In my daughter’s year she has a Kenzie, Kai and a Kian. They’re all shits. No surprise there!
Also dislike the name Yasmin - just call your child Jasmine ffs 🙄
Anything hyphenated is ridiculous - the second part rarely gets used so just give them a middle name and be done with it.
Rose is a particular ick of mine with hyphenated names! Inoffensive enough but so overly popular, it just seems to be plonked on to every wee girl's name 😂

Reactions: 2
I don't know who started this trend to replace original letters. We had a Rosye and Niqita in schools of my kids.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
Tradwife of the moment Nara Smith has just given birth to a Whimsy Lou, sister(?) to Rumble Honey and Slim Easy, and half sister to Gravity Blue. What in the Mormon is this?!

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Tradwife of the moment Nara Smith has just given birth to a Whimsy Lou, sister(?) to Rumble Honey and Slim Easy, and half sister to Gravity Blue. What in the Mormon is this?!
Rumble Honey? Was she watching Winnie the Pooh when she named her?!

Reactions: 1
i saw someone on IG had named their little boy Brooxe - which doesn't even look as though bit would be pronounced the same as Brooks. the E at the end someone makes an awful name even worse! 🤢

Reactions: 1
Ew, Rumble Honey sounds like the name a creepy guy would give to his, ahem, 'seed'.

• Haha
  • Sick
All I can hear is slim shady when I read slim easy and don’t start me on the rest

• Haha
Reactions: 5