Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

EvilJigglypuff

VIP Member
I’m sure they’ve been mentioned a thousand times but just dropping in my continued hatred for Alfie and Archie. Horrid 🤢

• Heart
Reactions: 13

hiesenberg

I hope I don't offend anyone on here. But the name Nevaeh. Heaven spelt backwards. There's 3 in my daughters school.

• Haha
  • Sick

Heartbeats

I know of brothers called Teddy and Eddie. Not particularly bad names in themselves but ridiculous for brothers.

• Haha

Borntorun

VIP Member
Personally, I could never imagine naming a child Lucy. I just think they’d end up growing up into the kind of adult that sings along to the music played over the speakers in shops

• Haha

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Bruce just reminds me of Bruce Bogtrotter from Matilda, the chocolate cake boy! 🤣

such an odd name to think suits a baby boy! i also remembered recently that I went to school with a couple of boys named Gavin, and again, who looks at a baby and thinks "looks like a Gav!" 🤣🤣
My friend’s partner is called Gav and he likes to shave his pubes

• Haha

kelly123

VIP Member
I used to work with a lady who had two boys called Levi and Nike. Nike was pronounced with a Y at the end - Nikey 🤢

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 12

Livia Fantasy

VIP Member
I was in Winchester 5/6 years ago, and just as I was walking back to the train station, a couple of kids (8/10 ish), came running out of McDonald's and straight across the one-way system missing a bus by mere inches. Mum hurried out and chastised them while the rest of us put our hearts and stomachs back in the usual places. I will swear on my kid's lives that Winchester Mum said "Ocelot, Mauve... don't you EVER run off like that again."

Had to quickly dive into McD's so I didn't wet myself laughing.

• Haha

LouSV

Chatty Member
I don’t like Freya , sorry to anyone named Freya , it makes me think of a frail person

• Haha

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Just spoken to somebody on the phone called Katriona. I've seen the name plenty of times before, but never had to address anyone with it. I pronounced it Kat-ree-oh-na. She immediately corrected me, "it's Katrina".

What's the "o" for then?! 😖

• Haha

Donnavanessa

VIP Member
Just seen a Corrie actress has called her newborn Doris 😫 (her other daughter is called Hilda apparently). Each to their own but IMO they are such ugly names. Poor kids.

• Wow

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Just had to take a break from work as I nealt choked on my breakfast. Currently dealing with a "Kal-El". For those who don't know, it's Superman's name on planet Krypton. It's what Nicholas Cage called his kid, and it always appears on those "worst celebrity child names" lists.

Had a brother and sister called Charlie and Lola last week.

I love my job 🤣

• Haha

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Phone call from a lady today, to say she's had another baby.

Me: What's the baby's name?
Them: It's Stevie hyphen Blue
Me: Is that Stevie spelled S-t-e-v-i-e?
Them: No, it's S-t-e-e-v-i-i
Me: 🥴 OK, and is it B-l-u-e?
Them: No, it's B-l-e-u
Me: Oh so it's like the French word for blue?
Them: No it's not French, it's just blue.
🥴🥴🥴🥴
Baby's surname was also hyphenated with 2 really unfortunate surnames. Think Grimethorpe-Shufflebottom. Poor kid.

• Haha

miaaaa

I know twins - Martha and Arthur. Gorgeous names but not for siblings!

• Haha

AliceInWanderLost

VIP Member
randomly stumbled across a family with a daughter named Bellanor - presumably her parents couldn't decide between Eleanor and Bella, so simply....merged the two together. 🤢🤢

• Haha