Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Starfishface

A friend recently posted a picture of her new grandson on Facebook, named Coleman. 😖 I really dislike surnames, especially occupation type names, as first names.
Just makes me think of mustard, to be honest.

I send a lot of letters to toddlers in my local authority as part of my job and today I had a Donald MacDonald.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15

Melian

VIP Member
Bruce just reminds me of Bruce Bogtrotter from Matilda, the chocolate cake boy! 🤣

such an odd name to think suits a baby boy! i also remembered recently that I went to school with a couple of boys named Gavin, and again, who looks at a baby and thinks "looks like a Gav!" 🤣🤣
I have a 3 year old relative called Keith. I do understand wanting a name that doesn't sound too babylike when you're an adult. But who looks at a baby and thinks Keith?

• Haha

holly1727373!3

VIP Member
Stepsister made a huge effort to hide her baby name. So we were all expecting a huge surprise or even a nice tribute to a relative. The name was Isabelle Sophia…

A combination of two of the most plain, common names at the moment and she hid it for months 🙄

• Haha

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Good Lord. I'm just doing a bit of Bank Holiday overtime, and I've just opened a case where the child's middle name is...Diddyboy :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Wow
  • Haha

bubbadabut

VIP Member
I saw a McKeira yesterday. Parents obviously couldn't decide between McKenzie and Keira.
Instead, they've ended up with something that sounds like a new addition to Maccy D's board.

• Haha

fiedwrdsx

VIP Member
A girl at work once said she hated my hypothetical baby names and then proceeded to call her daughter nEvAeH, stupid bitch 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14

C1O2

Chatty Member
I have just found this thread and want to add a name I don’t think the mother said out loud to herself
Sophie Kate
Separate totally harmless but when said double barrelled like the mother intended …
Together it sounds like

suffocate

• Haha

hollymoox

I’ve seen Nevaeh-Mai twice as well, how can people justify naming their baby ‘I am heaven’🤣

• Haha

Dizzy

VIP Member
The Jack and Daniel reminds me years ago of someone I knew who called their boy Harley because his dad was called David - Harley, David's son 💀 And they explained it every time someone asked what their children were called, proud as fuck.

• Haha

ElectricDreams

VIP Member
Just seen a baby called Graylynn (gremlin?) on FB. Taken in her dad's arms showing his tattoo of her as an embryo with a clock representing the date she was implanted. I just can't.

• Sick
  • Wow

Sparkledarmer

Chatty Member
I'm new here but I had to share this. I work in a dental practice and 2 brothers came in with their mum and they were called Koden Kenzie Kelvin (KKK :oops: ) and the other one was Jaylen Jayden Jackson. The Mum insisted we address them by all 3 of their names......fucking madness🥴

• Haha
  • Sick

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
i actually quite like Wren, but equally there are names which just don't work, based on a child’s appearance. I was once told that I was almost named Willow, but my parents decided against it, because they felt the name would suit a tall child with a slim-build, and wouldn't have been so fitting if I had been a short kid with less of a willowy physique! i guess it's hard to predict if you love a name whether it will actually suit your child as they grow, but some names are somewhat unfortunate as they don't really fit the child. obvs it depends on the name, but i agree that Wren gives me dainty little waif kinda vibes. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Wren just gives me kitchen vibes

• Haha
Reactions: 13