Names You Can't Stand #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know a Sevvie, but she's French and it's short for Severine, which I think is acceptable.

Reactions: 4
I have a weird fondness for the -een names. Maureen, Eileen, Kathleen. We ended up choosing a name from our religion, but my daughter would be Eileen in my alternative reality! 😝
most of my aunties have een names 😃

Reactions: 3
My friend called her son Carter. I apologise now if anyone else here has a Carter, but I just can’t stand it 🙈 I don’t get the thing of choosing names that are surnames, seems very American.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
A girl on my Facebook called her daughter Dottie.

Although I think it’s incredibly cute for a baby, and also suits OAPs and grandmas. Will she ever get taken seriously in her 20’s, 30’s and 40’s? And shortening it to “Dot” sounds even worse.

Reactions: 12
I was in uni with a girl called princess, can't stand names like princess/prince/king

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I came across a YouTube channel mum who had a daughter called Ruby or Scarlett, something quite pretty and fairly commonplace but children 2 and 3 ( a girl and a boy) were called Sultan and Emir, which I think are ridiculous!
Another one has a boy called Mason and a girl called Presley, blech to both those names! I enjoy watching birthday or Christmas present idea videos, but am quite regularly horrified by the stupid/ridiculous/weirdly spelled names that some people give their children!

Reactions: 9
I know an Eileen 😀
I know many Eileen’s. All are Irish and above the age of 50. ☘

I’m not keen on Summer as a name, I can tolerate Autumn but it seems pretentious. Winter isn’t bad but slightly over used now.

I have a dislike for the name Poppy. I can’t say anyone with this name has upset me. But I find it way too twee and cutesy. Something one would name a pet or a character from kids TV shows. God knows why anyone would choose or want that name.

Reactions: 6
I know many Eileen’s. All are Irish and above the age of 50. ☘

I’m not keen on Summer as a name, I can tolerate Autumn but it seems pretentious. Winter isn’t bad but slightly over used now.

I have a dislike for the name Poppy. I can’t say anyone with this name has upset me. But I find it way too twee and cutesy. Something one would name a pet or a character from kids TV shows. God knows why anyone would choose or want that name.
I looooove the name poppy! :ROFLMAO: but then I also do like quite long,old fashioned names too which many people hate. Haha

Poppy I can never dissociate from popping. A poppy sound would be someone bursting bubble wrap.

Reactions: 5
Poppy I can never dissociate from popping. A poppy sound would be someone bursting bubble wrap.
Same. I associate it more with the noise or something just springing up from nowhere rather than the flower.

Reactions: 2
My friend called her son Carter. I apologise now if anyone else here has a Carter, but I just can’t stand it 🙈 I don’t get the thing of choosing names that are surnames, seems very American.
My neighbour’s baby nephew is called Chester. This doesn’t suit a child or an adult and always reminds me of a ventriloquist dummy.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I know a family who have a Rocco, Poppy and ... Frankie? Lovely kids but the names just dont go?

I’ve just realised that when I’m out and about I’ll sometimes say things like ‘come on princess’, ‘time for lunch princess’ etc to my daughter…I bet people think that’s her actual name 🤡 I better stop

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I don't love 'themed' groups of names. For example, I came across a mother of twins on tiktok recently whose twin daughters are Crimson and Scarlett. She has recently had a third child called Ember. In other words: Red, Red, Red. :LOL:

Reactions: 6
I hate names where the parents think they’re being unique with their spelling
Kaytee
Klowee etc

poor kids, I feel for their future teachers!

Reactions: 14
I don't love 'themed' groups of names. For example, I came across a mother of twins on tiktok recently whose twin daughters are Crimson and Scarlett. She has recently had a third child called Ember. In other words: Red, Red, Red. :LOL:
Cousins of mine all have flowers as names.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.