Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Shineyshine

VIP Member
I just watched the first ten minutes or so, but switched off again, she’s insufferable. She was particularly pompous when a couple of customers needed to get past her and she stood back to let them through while saying something in a ridiculous tone of voice. I can’t see that this is labelled as an advert anywhere, and given that she has a business relationship with Superdrug, and she is specifically pointing out brands that she has worked with previously, I think it seems disingenuous not to at least point this out.

She did say she would wear her mask if she were shopping, but she was not going to wear it while filming.

Reactions: 5

Nancy.Drew

This woman is infuriating me with her blatant disregard for covid rules. Truly shocking. I’ve never known how Jo puts up with her, she’s so rude speaking over her all the time but they’re taking this piss now. Basically sat on each other’s knees and touching each other.

Eat My Shorts

VIP Member
Hear Say 🤣 Maybe it's because I'm always wearing black too but I find Nadine quite chic! The one-shoulder tops have got to go but I find her style much nicer than Hirons' neon and camo.
You don’t like the camouflage sweats and yellow hair? 🤣

• Haha

Shineyshine

VIP Member
It's worthwhile also posting this sort of shadiness over on this dedicated thread, otherwise the record of these instances can get lost in the threads.

Thanks - I didn’t realise that thread existed! I’ll copy my post over there too. Just so fed up with the lot of them, especially lately when they should all by now be fully aware of the rules, so there’s no excuse to be shady.

Reactions: 4

queenamber

VIP Member
I think she looks good, her clothes on the other hand make her look like the sixth member of Hear'Say.
Hear Say 🤣 Maybe it's because I'm always wearing black too but I find Nadine quite chic! The one-shoulder tops have got to go but I find her style much nicer than Hirons' neon and camo.

Shineyshine

VIP Member
How have I only just found this thread??? ! Can’t stand Baggott. I’ve been commenting on her occasionally on the Hirons thread because I didn’t realise this one existed! She’s so smug and sly, she really pisses me off.

That video last week - whether it was filmed before London went into tier 4 or not, what they were doing was still breaking the rules for tier 3. But that’s ok, influencers can do what they like as long as they can get their brand mentions in. It’s only us peasants who are supposed to stick to the rules.

The constant flicking back of both sides of her hair in every video is so annoying.

Also, that recent home hair dye video she did. Could anyone tell that she’d dyed her hair in the after shots? She was wanging on about how much her roots needed doing, but afterwards it didn’t look any different.

PartOfMe

"NoFaceTune NoFilters"

But a forehead sponsored by Botox by the look of it
Ha! She's such a fraud, she's been in the beauty industry for decades and knows it's all lies.

When you Google her age it says about, I've never seen that before lol

• Haha

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
@VeeJayBee did you see this thread? I guess Middle Aged Minx is taking lots of lessons from her, as well as joining Gleam. They are scratching each other’s itchy backs.
Thanks for the tip. I remember NB on those Olay ads years ago and have seen her pop up as an influencer since, including regularly on Jo Good's BBC Radio London afternoon show, which is always a creepy love-in. We should flag it here next time they're on. They also did a vlog together in Superdrug with MAM tagging along adoringly while shoehorning in, being in W1, it is her local branch.

I think many influencers are less than diligent in ensuring that an #AD declaration is always visible, on any platform or device that might be used. It is very convenient for them that, for example, the description box on YouTube that contains the declaration is not expanded by default. The YouTube app on my TV does not even show the description box. This means a video can be clicked and viewed without the viewer knowing they are watching an ad. In this case the ASA states the video title itself should contain #AD, but how often do we see this?

The ASA website makes this clear to anyone who doesn't want to put their head in the sand.

Last edited:

Nancy.Drew

Even her one shoulder top annoys me. I need help!! 🤦🏻‍♀️
It’s the way that she pulls her bloody tops down to expose her chests at every opportunity that annoys me 🤣

I’d noticed over the last few days Clinique products had started to get mentioned. Then yesterday she admits to working with them but it’s not an ad in anyway. She’s very transparent and yet is so bloody smug and thinks we are all thick and can’t see it.

Nancy.Drew

Sorry, @BigMavis I was referring to @Eat My Shorts post further up. It didn't show the story in my quoted post. It was Jo Jones ranting that she didn't do ads or sponsored posts etc. I feel this is disingenuous as she is often madly raving about certain brands (skin&me, Erborian, Flower Beauty) for a while and it then turns out she is doing PR for said company. Very stealth advertising I feel.
Wow, I didn’t realise she did Flower Beauty and Erborian too. She’s part of the “hags” so even if it’s not her channel they’re on then she should surly be declaring it. I noticed this on one of her posts.
50FA7FA4-F1AB-465F-9639-448DE87A04B0.png

• Wow

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
Haha I can’t even bring myself to hate watch Nadine and her smugness when she’s flying solo, so I can’t begin to imagine what she’d be like if she’s got another insta shiller to bounce off 😳 She does that beauty hags thing with Jo Jones and it looks awful - maybe Jo Good is trying to get in on the action? 😂
I tried to watch the beauty hags once but I found that Jo Jones so awful I turned off, I now can't stand even seeing her face on a thumbnail. I really don't know why I took such an immediate and extreme dislike to her. o_O

• Haha

queenamber

VIP Member
This is the most petty and trivial thing ever but does it irritate anyone else the way Nadine doesn't pronounce 'day' in days of the week? Ie. Satur-dee, Wednes-dee... It makes me itch 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

Shineyshine

VIP Member
So Nags is jumping on the menopause train now is she? 🙄 Not sure how old she is, but maybe it’s already left the station…

I hate this cynical marketing to my age group. They’ve never bothered about us before, so they can do one now quite frankly. We don’t need to be sold anything different to put on our hair, face, body, etc, and we’re capable of finding a doctor for anything medical.

Attachments

• Sad

queenamber

VIP Member
Nadine is losing her way. Absolutely sick of the "Best Beauty Buys" with mediocre celebs and influencers. Her YouTube is just all rehashed content from her Instagram now.

Nancy.Drew

She’s made a tit of herself with tonight’s video. Going on about how the perfumes all contain amber and showing the fossilised tree resin. None of those perfumes contain that. They actually contain the amber accord which is made of vanilla and other things. At least one doesn’t even contain that.

It wouldn’t be so bad if she didn’t do a big lecture on it at the start as though she’s done her research.

• Haha