Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Patsy

Chatty Member
@Patsy is called Luke Catleugh. I am doing up my tiny balcony and found how they did theirs ,and watched some of their videos. His latest update one on how life is like under Lockdown was really good. Also he has been doing a virtual Come Dine With Me and donating all proceeds to the COVID crisis. N and Manky should take a leaf out of his book.
Thanks 😊. I have watched him cooking before, I’ll have a look at his channel again.

IMHO

@IMHO do you have some kind of adblocker? I notice you don’t have the YouTube logo on the right hand side either..

sorry for this going off topic everyone.Maybe we should solve this in messages.. :rolleyes: :)
No I've never downloaded an add blocker. I just hit play and turned my phone sideways lol
Maybe because I added the link it plays like that or something
If you could post one of their other videos and I'll see if it still plays the same then 🙂

Charlie-dog

VIP Member
Hate (realise the word has extra meaning here) to say it but there is a market for hate-watching. Hate-watching is a modern form of entertainment whereby people watch TV programmes or vlogs just to mock or pass derogatory comments on those they are watching. It's a fairly new market (in terms of advertising) but it's a valuable market nonetheless. This is exactly the market that Nadia and Mark are cashing in on, and are doing fairly well at it so far. The more hate they generate (they must also have a consistent amount of actual worshippers/wannabee friends) the more views they get. Some advertisers are only interested in viewer numbers and not necessarily 'global brand' identity. They just follow the most viewed and allow their ads to go to those. They will later on remove their ads if they see a global negative view of those vloggers but for a certain point in time some advertising agencies just want to get the brand name out there and will pay good money to be promoted on vlogger channels with over 50 or 100 thousand subscriptions. There is such a thing as a negative personality being a positive sell for a brand - 'God I hate them but Nandos, Dunkin Donuts, McDonalds, etc, etc are still their product of choice. They aren't being as silly as some people think in terms of advertising and making money. They are being stupid in terms of ever being taken seriously as adults but they promote stuff and get a lovely commission for doing it.
Hi thanks for your reply, I suspected as much. Any guesses on how much money they might be making out of YT for them to be so obsessive about it?