My solo journey to Mom #16 Can't be bothered to mom, so off she goes to nom, nom, nom.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’ll be having to increase the days in the creche to 5 days in no time, once she has gotten a taste for it.
Not a chance, she'd have to pay normal rates for anything over the 20 hours she gets almost totally free

Reactions: 1
I’ve no experience of crèches but would it be normal for babies their age to get through a long first day of creche with no issues? No mention of crying & no trouble napping. I would have thought after being home with Mum for so long today would have been really hard for them.
Not in the slightest. My babies would have spent an hour one day, two hours a few days later, it took them two or three weeks to build up to a full day!! (And it was great for me too, leaving them for the first hour was the hardest 💔) Lisa seems only too delighted to have been without them all day

Reactions: 5
Creche settles at that age are normally fairly troublesome! Finding it hard to believe it all went so smoothly

Reactions: 7
As mentioned, it is kind of strange the day went without a hitch isn’t it?? No crying when she left, neither of them?? My little lad is a few weeks younger, he’s with family when I work so I barely get a goodbye, he’s only delighted but then he’s delighted to see me in the evening! A while back in a toddler class I left the room for literally 20 seconds to get something and he lost his life, completely fine and confident exploring when I’m there but bawling and trying to follow me when I’m out of site. This is very normal toddler attachment behavior. They know by this age who is a stranger and who is not. They want their primary caregiver(s).
The girls not crying is weird, sorry. And my son is extremely sociable and outgoing by nature, like she said about hazel… But I’m still his mother and leaving him in a room full of strangers will upset him! Maybe it’s cause they have each other?? Or is the lack of attachment to ‘mom’?

Reactions: 6
Maybe they did the settling in sessions last week but surprised sleepy Lisa wouldn’t use that as content!

Reactions: 4
We had a settling in week and it was tough going, plenty tears from me and baby. Just an hour or so initially and building up. Had to collect her very early one of the days when she became hysterical at nap time. Settling into naps there took a bit of time. It all worked out in the end and nearly 4 years later she’s still there and loves it but leaving her in crèche those first few weeks is the hardest thing I’ve ever done, it was so upsetting leaving her crying for me. We definitely didn’t have easy start Lisa had. I’m happy for the twins they didn’t find it hard.

Reactions: 3
How do we even know she's qualified in anything?? She could be just reading from her so called notes/dr Google/making it up as she goes along? Where are her so called qualifications???

Reactions: 8
How do we even know she's qualified in anything?? She could be just reading from her so called notes/dr Google/making it up as she goes along? Where are her so called qualifications???
There's no way she did those exams without coming on having a meltdown and having to drive to SuperMacs or McDonalds for some time-out with an IV drip of pipsi attached to her arm

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
After the Q&A session the other night I wouldn’t be surprised if she was making it up as she goes along. There’s no way all that advice was from someone who has been studying.

Reactions: 5
Despite how I feel about the course I seriously would want to see proof of some type of qualification, made up course or not.. Like no sorry I won’t be handing over 400 euro and a lot of information about me, my underage child, our home and home life for a few voice notes and a video call from someone who for all we know has all the information you’d get from a book in Easons

Reactions: 12
She has the look of wan who had a day to herself drinking Pepsi.
id say she kept the day free to herself. The calls were only important last week when she needed an excuse to sit on her bed like a teenager while the mother did the hard work!

She’ll be having to increase the days in the creche to 5 days in no time, once she has gotten a taste for it.
Spot on ! I had the very same thoughts as yourself

Reactions: 2
I wonder if she registered the business yet. No sign of the website that was meant to be live by now, no exams or we’d have heard about it, still offering free slots, no mention of a paying customer yet, there’s no way she’ll keep that quiet when it happens. I wonder what she’s doing all day while the girls are in creche.

Reactions: 9
I know of a lot of toddlers who had no trouble running into creche and were very easy going all round. I've never had one of those children though😂 I'd say Lisa didn't look back herself after dropping them off.

Reactions: 3
I wonder if she registered the business yet. No sign of the website that was meant to be live by now, no exams or we’d have heard about it, still offering free slots, no mention of a paying customer yet, there’s no way she’ll keep that quiet when it happens. I wonder what she’s doing all day while the girls are in creche.
this is my guess ...

🍔🍟🥤📺... 😴😴😴.. 🍫🥤🍬... 📺...😴😴... 🛋 ...🥤🍕.... 🚗 👧🏼👧

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I’d be almost concerned if as a stay at home mother my two young toddlers didn’t bat an eyelid going into crèche for the first time, you could say it’s just their personalities and great if it is but I think it’s probably down to a cold unattached mother, the girls are used to ‘mom’ not always being there, sometimes physically and other times mentally, so leaving her was never going to bother them that much

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.