My solo journey to Mom #16 Can't be bothered to mom, so off she goes to nom, nom, nom.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You only get the subsidy for 20 hours if you aren't working says the ncs website

Reactions: 1
You only get the subsidy for 20 hours if you aren't working says the ncs website
Oh that’s good that they limit it. Guess it’s to give all kids opportunity to go but recognising they don’t need to be there full time if either parent at home.

Technically Lisa will be working now though won’t she so she won’t be limited to 20 hours.

What time are people here putting 4 year olds to bed? Mine is brushing teeth and having bedtime stories at 8 and lights off by 8.30. She’s not an early riser, usually have to wake her 8am. Is 8.30 too late? Are people putting their 4 year olds down at 7? I work full time and I’d barely see her if she went to bed that early but I do worry 8.30 is too late. Do I need to call Lisa to tell me the correct time…
Mine is nearly 4 and don’t worry it’s stories etc at 8 and bed 8.30
Oh that’s good that they limit it. Guess it’s to give all kids opportunity to go but recognising they don’t need to be there full time if either parent at home.

Technically Lisa will be working now though won’t she so she won’t be limited to 20 hours.
I’m wondering how this role works - she will be self employed I’m assuming or is it a pyramid scheme like forever living where she’s a contractor? She will never get a mortgage with a job like that, she would need to show minimum 2 years trading with a profit. Maybe that’s her angle, earn as little as possible, get 3 decline letters from banks and get the council property

Reactions: 4
Hope the first day at creche goes well for the girls - I still remember the first hour long settling in session my kid was at. I hid around the corner from the building holding my phone in case the creche called and tried not to cry for the whole hour.

I also hope the mudder gets to relax and have time to herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
So the people that works has to pay full price and this one sits at home might only have pay e20 week.Why would people work full time she has best of both worlds.Creche for e20 week and is free sit on couch for day
Welcome to modern Ireland. You get nothing for working here and the freeloading lazy cunts get everything. Boils my blood. /rant

Reactions: 18
I wonder really and truly how this will work. Like say you pay her the €399 for her 'full package' which is a text every day.. but for how long?! Say it doesn't happen overnight, omg shock horror, that 3 nights in your child still hasn't clicked with the brainwave that Lisa has come up with - how long do you have support with.. is it just a couple of weeks?! And then what?.. 'ah sure juno, what works for wan might not work for another wan, all bibbies are different juno' and then tough tit.. you've forked out 400 quid and 'sorry your time is up, it didnt work for you'... i'm genuinely baffled:oops:

Reactions: 10
For any sleep related baby questions I would follow this lady on TikTok (@babysleepteam). Her advice is great and I’ve improved my newborn witching hour! Took me 4 hours to settle her for a week or so, now she falls asleep almost instantly after hitting the snuzpod.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
No update yet on the crèche? She’s probably too busy wearing her glasses and playing with her power point presentation on how to throw your baby down to bed and shower them with lots of neglect 🙈

Reactions: 5
No update yet on the crèche? She’s probably too busy wearing her glasses and playing with her power point presentation on how to throw your baby down to bed and shower them with lots of neglect 🙈
Bless your innocence. Sleepy Lisa is gone back to bed, she's testing her own methods juno.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I hope she uses the first few days to sort her s**t out. From what she’s described, her bedroom is a filthy mess. On camera at 4pm a few days ago there was condensation the whole way up the bedroom window behind her, if she’s not keeping on top of that & wiping the windows down when she gets up then it’s growing as mould somewhere in the room, the moisture has to go somewhere.
She needs a clear out followed by giving the place a good scrub. No more blaming the girls. There’s no excuse now

Reactions: 7
I hope she uses the first few days to sort her s**t out. From what she’s described, her bedroom is a filthy mess. On camera at 4pm a few days ago there was condensation the whole way up the bedroom window behind her, if she’s not keeping on top of that & wiping the windows down when she gets up then it’s growing as mould somewhere in the room, the moisture has to go somewhere.
She needs a clear out followed by giving the place a good scrub. No more blaming the girls. There’s no excuse now
She would have been better off spending that 6 grand sorting out the mould in her parents house instead of wasting it on this daft "course". 🙄

Reactions: 5
Isn’t she always saying the girls are always sick. It’s probably the black mould

Reactions: 3
Thread suggestion.. Lazy Lisa the sleep nanny. Her main advice I think you'll find, is white noise and a black out blind.

Reactions: 20
It's great but probably too long. Rhyming thread titles rarely fit in full

Was there no settling in period with the crèche? Is that strange one of mine done crèche for a year and the first day was an hour settling in I was sick in the car it was like that for two or three days then went to two hours then a half day he was in there nearly three weeks before he was full time

I’ve never heard of a crèche not doing a settling period?? Wonder does she know someone working there and the girls know her as well so there’s why they were there for the whole day

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.