My solo journey to Mom #16 Can't be bothered to mom, so off she goes to nom, nom, nom.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d be almost concerned if as a stay at home mother my two young toddlers didn’t bat an eyelid going into crèche for the first time, you could say it’s just their personalities and great if it is but I think it’s probably down to a cold unattached mother, the girls are used to ‘mom’ not always being there, sometimes physically and other times mentally, so leaving her was never going to bother them that much
My daughter didn't bat an eyelid when she started last year. She was older than lisas 2 but I'd drilled it into her that she was going in the weeks leading up to it. I had an awful time with my 1st born adjusting she cried for a good 6 weeks not wanting to be there so i wanted to avoid that happening again😬

Reactions: 1
It’s great that they settled but why would you leave them there longer than they needed to be there? Especially given that they’re settling grand?
poor babies

Reactions: 6
It’s great that they settled but why would you leave them there longer than they needed to be there? Especially given that they’re settling grand?
poor babies
Cos shes a lazy witch and doesn't wanna be a mother to them. She'd prefer to drink pepsi and eat shite

Reactions: 6
3 creches we have used and each had settling in periods! .... my friend is in the middle of settling in her kids and her baby is a state she's not settling in at all

How do we even know she's qualified in anything?? She could be just reading from her so called notes/dr Google/making it up as she goes along? Where are her so called qualifications???
She's qualified for sure in talking out of her hole.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
My daughter didn't bat an eyelid when she started last year. She was older than lisas 2 but I'd drilled it into her that she was going in the weeks leading up to it. I had an awful time with my 1st born adjusting she cried for a good 6 weeks not wanting to be there so i wanted to avoid that happening again😬
It is probably a bit easier when they are bigger and maybe understand a bit better but there’s no preparing a baby for it in advance of settling in. Lisa’s girls must just be very sociable and not particularly clingy. Mine was the opposite, was only 10 months at the time though.

Hate kids sitting strapped into high chairs doing activities in a crèche
I’d much rather a photo of them in the floor playing doing activities
Although I don’t expect much from the crèche considering there was duck all settling in period

Reactions: 10
Although I don’t expect much from the crèche considering there was duck all settling in period
At their age it’s normal to be in their chairs for some activities, painting etc would be uncontrollable if they were wandering around, I’m sure they get plenty of floor time too for free play.

Why are they in high chairs not on the floor? How odd. I’m also surprised that they’ve even got the girls in high chairs. At our nursery other than the just weaning smaller ones, the ones who are the twins age eat together round a table on chairs

Reactions: 3
At their age it’s normal to be in their chairs for some activities, painting etc would be uncontrollable if they were wandering around, I’m sure they get plenty of floor time too for free play.
Have you seen the pictures though- they’re doing jigsaw puzzles- not uncontrollable by any stretch! Hopefully that was just a snapshot and not representative of the whole time there

Reactions: 3
Very odd to be in high chairs. Most crèches have little wooden floor chairs that pull into low tables for eating / playing not plastic high chairs . Questionable crèche I think …

Reactions: 8
Thread suggestion
Off to Maccies for a quick fix juno the twins are only in crèche til six

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Very odd to be in high chairs. Most crèches have little wooden floor chairs that pull into low tables for eating / playing not plastic high chairs . Questionable crèche I think …
Could it be they’re not doing as great as she’s letting on & were happier observing the other kids from a safe place?

Reactions: 2
Not all crèches are like the ones on prime time, I wouldn’t be losing the run of myself over one picture.

Reactions: 5
Not normal what so ever in a crèche setting they are old enough to at small chairs and tables not restricted in a high chair to do puzzles and colouring

Reactions: 4
Not normal what so ever in a crèche setting they are old enough to at small chairs and tables not restricted in a high chair to do puzzles and colouring
Sorry it is absolutely normal for very young children like the twins to still use their high chairs for some activities. There is likely a range of ages in that room from one to two year olds. The youngest in the room will not have the same capacity as the older kids for the first few months and who knows what rough and tumble the bigger kids are doing while the smaller ones are in their chairs, it may not be suitable for the smaller ones. There’s no suggestion they are in their chair all day, that would be a different conversation but to say they shouldn’t be in their chairs at all is nonsense.

Sorry it is absolutely normal for very young children like the twins to still use their high chairs for some activities. There is likely a range of ages in that room from one to two year olds. The youngest in the room will not have the same capacity as the older kids for the first few months and who knows what rough and tumble the bigger kids are doing while the smaller ones are in their chairs, it may not be suitable for the smaller ones. There’s no suggestion they are in their chair all day, that would be a different conversation but to say they shouldn’t be in their chairs at all is nonsense.
They are not very young children (16+) months
They are in a wobbler room from ages 1 to 2
With a ratio of 1 adult for 5 children
Thay should not be in high chairs doing a puzzle or drawing at most they could be in them for eating meals

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.