My mum has ruined my wedding...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If she did so much for you then I find you ungrateful for not inviting her.
Did you ever thank her for giving up a part of her childhood/teenage years to care for you?
Sorry but I could turn around and say I helped raise her children seen as the 2 years I lived there I was just a live in babysitter for her.

I've done a hell of a lot for my sister in return and I'm forever thankful to her and she knows it. But she still throws it back in both mine and my mum's face constantly.

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
So you’re sister gave up part of her childhood to raise you, gave you a roof over her head when she was a young couple with her husband making their own way, sacrificed so much of her own life for you and you didn’t even bother to explain that you weren’t inviting her to your wedding. Or to have a wedding where you could show your appreciation to her by having her there as part of the wedding party. It wasn’t as important enough to you to have her there. But you don’t speak to people for weeks over some photos and instead you want to be clever and sarcastic about being the favourite and her being jealous.
This is absolutely unbelievable!!!! The level of selfishness here blows my mind.
I agree with you and am out of here. The poster doesn’t have any appreciation of other people’s time and doesn’t want advice but confirmation

• Heart
Reactions: 12
The more context you try to add, the more of a spoilt brat you're making yourself seem.

1. I get 2 pairs of Dr Martens each Christmas. - And? So because you get DM's as a gift, nobody else is allowed them? Grow up. Thats how high school kids behave!

2. Your sister practically raised you. - Have you ever thanked her for this? I imagine not. No wonder she's hurt! If she played such a large part in your upbringing, it's hardly any surprise she was a bit put out at not being invited to your wedding.

3. Doing them a favour because they wouldn't be able to afford it. - How patronising are you? It's not your decision to make whether somebody else can afford something or not! It's up to them to decide whether they can afford something or not, NOT you. Also, your argument about you may lose money if they let you know last minute is ridiculous - this is why you set an RSVP by date.

The overwhelming majority on this thread think you are in the wrong. Yet you still can't see it. You're coming across as one of those people who literally can never be wrong in their own eyes. If this is what you've been like in every situation growing up, no wonder your siblings think you're a pampered princess!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Sorry but I could turn around and say I helped raise her children seen as the 2 years I lived there I was just a live in babysitter for her.

I've done a hell of a lot for my sister in return and I'm forever thankful to her and she knows it. But she still throws it back in both mine and my mum's face constantly.
Sounds like babysitting her kids was the least you could do. 2 years / a whole childhood - yeah that adds up

Reactions: 11
Oh god, your so childish. You don’t take advice and just argue your point. If your so right and everyone else is wrong why put the post up in the first place.

It’s very clear your a spoilt brat who is use to getting her own way and I’m already bored of it.

Reactions: 12

You lived there for 2 years! Yet you get married without your sister or her family being present!
Do you have no feelings?

Reactions: 7
How exactly do I treat my family? :)
Love how this is a gossip site but next to none of you could sense any sarcasm in my original post :)
You’re acting like a spoilt princess - boo boo your mum showed your sister your dress big deal! She was a second mum to you and if you were my sister I wouldn’t want anything to do with you! Did you write a post for validation !? Did you want everyone to bow down to your royal highness and tell you that your mum was a meanie who ruined your day! Grow up read the room - there is more important things in life then your wedding dress! Your sister sacrificed her teen years for you put a roof over your head and all you’ve done is witch and moan! I feel sorry for your partner

Reactions: 8
My final advice to the poster is to invest in a good psychologist.

Must be a sad life without friends and so many quarrels with the family.
At leaset she has a big boot collection (detect the sarcasm, please)

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Alright I'm done.

I obviously should have opened with alot more context because your all absolutely missing the point.

Right for starters. My brother's are shocking with money and every time I've invited them out for tea for birthdays or anniversarys for my parents they let me down "sorry can't afford it" so I'm right to think "yeah it's a big ask to expect them to travel and stay over for our wedding" so I never just said "your not invited byeeee" I said "we've chosen to have just our parents and grandparents at the ceremony, but we are hoping to have a big party for family and friends at a later date so we can all celebrate together!"

To which... I got "Congratulations hope it's everything you want" and "congratulations guys" the other sibling said nothing. And all 3 in-laws said jack tit as well.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Alright I'm done.

I obviously should have opened with alot more context because your all absolutely missing the point.

Right for starters. My brother's are shocking with money and every time I've invited them out for tea for birthdays or anniversarys for my parents they let me down "sorry can't afford it" so I'm right to think "yeah it's a big ask to expect them to travel and stay over for our wedding" so I never just said "your not invited byeeee" I said "we've chosen to have just our parents and grandparents at the ceremony, but we are hoping to have a big party for family and friends at a later date so we can all celebrate together!"

To which... I got "Congratulations hope it's everything you want" and "congratulations guys" the other sibling said nothing. And all 3 in-laws said jack tit as well.
Says a lot when everyone has an issue with you !

Reactions: 8
I think there is deeper issues at play here, some sort of sibling rivalry and you vying for your mums full attention. Please step back and look at the whole picture.
Family is so important right now don’t burn your bridges all over this tit for tat attitude.
You should be getting married to be a wife, not a bride. I really do think you need to sit down and address what’s really going on here , you obv have a lot of issues you need to sort out. Best of luck to you.

Reactions: 10
This comes from a place of understanding and experience, a lot of what you have mentioned resonates with my own personal experience within my family.

We celebrated our 12 yr wedding anniversary this year, and although I look back fondly on my wedding day it wasn't MY wedding, it was my mother's wedding. But do you know what? I don't care. My marriage has been built on many other days/experiences/hard times.

Yes, I understand the need to have control over your wedding day, but be careful of ruining relationships that you may need after that one significant event. Those are what last a lifetime and matter. It's hard to see that now but trust me, you will wake up the day after your wedding and won't give a tit about that leather jacket.

Reactions: 5
Why rant about it in an advice forum if you wont see any other perspective but your own?

I agree with the poster who says it sounds like you really wanted a big wedding but new measures or lack of wider family and friends means you are unable to have one.

Just be grateful you have family who have taken an interest. It's a leather jacket for a really small wedding, hardly pandoras box.

Reactions: 9
How exactly do I treat my family? :)
Love how this is a gossip site but next to none of you could sense any sarcasm in my original post :)
To be honest I don't think there was any sarcasm. I think you wanted everyone to come on here and feel sorry for the bride. You've not got the response you wanted or anticipated and now you're backtracking.

Reactions: 9

she provided you with a place to live for 2 YEARS and you looked after her children - your nieces/nephews while you were living in her home. Are you are seriously using that to score points??? Just stop it. You are making yourself sound worse with every post. Can you just stop for a second and take a look at the big picture here? Your wedding is a few hours of a single day out of your whole life. A life you wouldn’t have had, had it not been for your sister helping you out and stepping in when your Mum wasn’t able to. You’ve made a decision to have a small wedding - that’s your prerogative- but what were you expecting them all to do/say? You’ve told them your getting married, they say congratulations- what more do you want?!

I just feel sorry for your husband to be!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.