Musical theatre

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m desperate to see waitress as the movie is one of my favourites.

I’ve only seen a few on stage - showboat, Annie and Chicago twice. I would love to see mamma mia :)

It’s a true story about planes that have to land in a small town called Gander in Canada after the US airspace is closed from 9/11. It follows some of the people in the town and some stories of people on the planes. Incredibly moving and interesting. The cast all play different roles! If you YouTube them doing the west end live 2019 it’ll show you the cast I saw do a couple of the songs. It’s one of my favourites I’ve ever seen!
Thank you for that i'll def have a look..might be one i can take my mum to :)

Reactions: 1
I ❤ musical theatre, I probably average about one a month so i won't list everything I've seen 😂

I've got tickets for Moulin Rouge on Broadway in December which I'm VERY excited about.

I keep trying to persuade friends to go with me to see come from away but noone will. Want to see out even more after reading this thread

I have seen Dirty Dancing, Officer and a gentleman and Bodyguard. The one I want to see is Lion King. It’s touring now but I have a expensive few months coming up so can’t justify it. Maybe next time it tours x

Hamilton is by far the best musical theatre I have seen - can’t put into words how amazing it is!

• Heart
I ❤ musical theatre, I probably average about one a month so i won't list everything I've seen 😂

I've got tickets for Moulin Rouge on Broadway in December which I'm VERY excited about.

I keep trying to persuade friends to go with me to see come from away but noone will. Want to see out even more after reading this thread
I went on my own to see it last month as no one would see it with me! I actually enjoyed seeing it on my own so much I’ve booked to see dear Evan Hansen on my own in December before seeing it again in April with my friend (I’m obsessed with it after seeing it on broadway and couldn’t wait that long!! 😂)

I’ve just seen sister act is coming to the west end next summer with whoopee goldberg- I have to see it!!

I’ve just seen sister act is coming to the west end next summer with whoopee goldberg- I have to see it!!
Booked that myself Whoopi Goldberg and Jennifer Saunders in the cast, I’m there!

Bloody expensive though I must say.

I have seen Dirty Dancing, Officer and a gentleman and Bodyguard. The one I want to see is Lion King. It’s touring now but I have a expensive few months coming up so can’t justify it. Maybe next time it tours x
Going to see that in Edinburgh in December, £40 I thought was a reasonable price to pay since I’m up in Edinburgh at the time. I must admit I don’t love the film (original) like some people do, but I think there will be some great magic to it on stage as a musical.

Hamilton is by far the best musical theatre I have seen - can’t put into words how amazing it is!
I can't believe more people haven't mentioned this. It is the best thing I have ever witnessed with my eyes!! I ventured out of the glorious Kingdom of Fife to go to London for the first time in my life, specifically to see this last year and I still do not have the superlatives to exclaim how amazing it was. I am desperate to see it again!

Blood Brothers - Loved it so much but reminded me of very 80s Brookside
Phantom - Cried most of the way through it
Wicked - Fab
Matilda - Really enjoyable but yes story is very different

I have tickets to see the SIX tour in the New Year, canny wait.

• Heart
Saw Book of Mormon the other week. I have never laughed so much at a musical in my life! A bit rude but hilarious.

Also the staff were amazing. I took my brother and his girlfriend who both have aspergers and his gf has epilepsy. When we booked the tickets we told them this and the staff found us and gave us a sheet with the songs on and when there would be flashing/loud sounds etc.

Next is Woman in Black, which I’m shitting myself about seeing, and just got tickets for Heathers when it’s on tour next year

I got tickets to Sister Act - dont even know if it's had good reviews, just saw Whoopi was doing it and booked!

I'd quite like to see Les Mis - love the film and the BBC show

That was me, heard Whoopi and Jennifer Saunders were in it, and I booked. It’s a Bloody expensive show is Sister Act.
It is, but I'm willing to do it for Whoopi, lol. I heard they dont sing the songs from the film cos of copyright though

What?! The songs are the whole point. Didn’t know that
Sorry, I shouldve said the *same* songs. New songs were written for the musical , but there are none from the film. The new ones are written by Alan Menken though so should be good

The very first one I saw was West Side Story - loved it
I also enjoyed Miss Saigon
I'd really like to see Hamilton and Book of Mormon

Sorry, I shouldve said the *same* songs. New songs were written for the musical , but there are none from the film. The new ones are written by Alan Menken though so should be good
Yeah. Sorry that’s what I meant. The songs from the movies are the classics surely?

Yeah. Sorry that’s what I meant. The songs from the movies are the classics surely?
Must be because of the rights to these songs. Maybe it’s either expensive or impossible to actually get the license to use them in anything other than the film? I don’t know how it works but clearly there’s a reasons. seems a shame though when there are certain songs in particular that just make the movie what it is.
you can’t get much better than alan menkin though so I’m sure the songs will be fab