Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

F the dust.

VIP Member
I'm desperate to see Les miserables! Sadly it's too far away and too expensive..but one day I will go see it.

Rose91

Chatty Member
Saw Book of Mormon the other week. I have never laughed so much at a musical in my life! A bit rude but hilarious.

Also the staff were amazing. I took my brother and his girlfriend who both have aspergers and his gf has epilepsy. When we booked the tickets we told them this and the staff found us and gave us a sheet with the songs on and when there would be flashing/loud sounds etc.

Next is Woman in Black, which I’m shitting myself about seeing, and just got tickets for Heathers when it’s on tour next year

hrh89

VIP Member
I’m seeing Woman in Black in November, at least it won’t look so odd wearing a scarf and using it to hide behind!
I hope you enjoy it! I thought it was just super what they do with the set and such a small cast. The atmosphere is chilling.

BoCs2019

Love theatre

Saw les mis staged concert 2 weeks ago which was amazing. Seen the show too.

Seen:
Grease
Phantom x2
Blood brothers x2
Cursed child
Matilda
Les Mis
Everybody’s talking about Jamie x2
Waitress
Dirty dancing
Anastasia 😍
Dear Evan Hansen

The newest show that people people NEED to see is dear Evan Hansen. Saw it in Feb on broadway and I’ve had it on repeat since. It’s the best thing I’ve ever seen! Got it booked for London.

Waitress is excellent too.

Going to see come from away in just over a week!
Was Ben Platt in that in Broadway? I love him!!

Prodcon21

Chatty Member
Best - Blood Brothers, Lion King, Jersey boys and 9 to 5

Middle - Wicked. Didn’t hate this, but I think the fact that it was so so hyped, that it inevitably ended up disappointing me!

Worst - Ghost, so so so bad!

BoCs2019

I saw it years ago with school and remember being so scared!

I saw Bat out of hell the musical which, if you’re a Meatloaf fan like I am, is a must and I really hope they bring it back
I really wanted to see that! I love Meatloaf - its just the money!!!! id see everything if i could afford it! lol

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
Reviving this thread as came to see if anyone had seen six as going to London next week so think I’ll book tickets for it. I wanted to go see wicked but I don’t really want to go back to my apartment alone late when it finishes at least six starts at 5:30pm so I’ll get back before it’s too late

midnightrose

VIP Member
They’ve just released tickets for 2020.
I’ve heard great things. Is it worth going to see?

They’ve just released tickets for 2020.
I’ve heard great things. Is it worth going to see?
This was in relation to Hamilton the musical!

Last edited:

hrh89

VIP Member
Yeah. Sorry that’s what I meant. The songs from the movies are the classics surely?
Must be because of the rights to these songs. Maybe it’s either expensive or impossible to actually get the license to use them in anything other than the film? I don’t know how it works but clearly there’s a reasons. seems a shame though when there are certain songs in particular that just make the movie what it is.
you can’t get much better than alan menkin though so I’m sure the songs will be fab

BoCs2019

Seen it twice in London. Went to see it for Michelle Visage and then Bianca Del Rio roles. Both times excellent with different people as main role of Jamie. Neither were lead actors if I remember rightly. Hopefully seeing Layton when it tours!

Saw come from away last month and was blown away at how incredible it was. Was in tears the whole time! Got a ticket for £45 which for the seat quality in stalls I thought was excellent but there are cheaper available too 😊
What's come from away about? Ive not heard anyone talking about it? X

bexgreen1983

VIP Member
Wicked is my all time favourite - for good gets me every single time.
Jersey boys - love it

Is book of mormon good - it's coming to Liverpool and I would love to see it

Six is defo top of my faves list atm!
Wicked - I saw for the first time ever, after many years, in January, it was incredible!
Hamilton- i have no words for that show. Amazing doesn’t cover it.
Aladdin was amazing and Waitress!
I really want to see Six, Les Mis, Lion King, ETAJ, Beetlejuice (if it ever comes to the westend!) and Come From Away☺
Prices are a joke for some of them though, on the cast change day of Wicked, i looked at seats and an hour later they’d doubled in price 🤷🏼‍♀️ As a student some shows are just out of bounds because of prices atm!

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I’ve just seen sister act is coming to the west end next summer with whoopee goldberg- I have to see it!!
Booked that myself Whoopi Goldberg and Jennifer Saunders in the cast, I’m there!

Bloody expensive though I must say.

I have seen Dirty Dancing, Officer and a gentleman and Bodyguard. The one I want to see is Lion King. It’s touring now but I have a expensive few months coming up so can’t justify it. Maybe next time it tours x
Going to see that in Edinburgh in December, £40 I thought was a reasonable price to pay since I’m up in Edinburgh at the time. I must admit I don’t love the film (original) like some people do, but I think there will be some great magic to it on stage as a musical.

Gingercream

VIP Member
I’m desperate to see waitress as the movie is one of my favourites.

I’ve only seen a few on stage - showboat, Annie and Chicago twice. I would love to see mamma mia :)

kev1974

VIP Member
Reviving this thread as came to see if anyone had seen six as going to London next week so think I’ll book tickets for it. I wanted to go see wicked but I don’t really want to go back to my apartment alone late when it finishes at least six starts at 5:30pm so I’ll get back before it’s too late
Yes it is very good, although I haven't seen the current cast. Sit up front in the stalls if you can. As you say it is short / finishes early.

I had a look on the special offers sites I use but Six is not there I'm afraid, sorry. If you do decide to see other shows loads of them are on offer for "London Theatre Week" at the moment (need to book in the next day or two before the offer closes, it was extended already, but you can book for the next few weeks if the show is in the offer). Google London Theatre Week or just go to todaytix.