Musical theatre

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like I've started this thread before but can't find it 🙈
Anyone else into musicals? I adore them and see atleast 2 shows a year if not more.

My top 5 shows would have to be:

Wicked - the songs are so powerful and I think it's so clever on how it connects to the Wizard of Oz.

Kinky boots - the message that comes with this show is so important.

Priscilla Queen of the Desert - This show is hilarious, with a fab 80s soundtrack and a beautiful story, you couldn't ask for more.

Chitty Chitty bang bang - one of the first shows I saw (bar Joseph, which I'm sure is everyone's first show 😂) just made me fall in love with musical theatre.

Mamma Mia - it's mine and my Mum's musical. The film is our go to film and we now try to see the musical whenever it comes round.

I love musicals. I went to a Saturday theater school as a kid and got really into them. I was in the kids choir for Joseph and it was before Lee Mead was on that Joseph show and he was the Pharaoh .

My favs

Phantom of The Opera
The Lion King
Mary Poppins
Chicago
Mamma Mia

Also, Shrek was hilarious and more aimed at adults than kids.

I was in London recently and gutted to see that Aladdin ended the day I arrived.

I have heard Matilda is good? Has anyone seen it?

Reactions: 1
I love musicals. I went to a Saturday theater school as a kid and got really into them. I was in the kids choir for Joseph and it was before Lee Mead was on that Joseph show and he was the Pharaoh .

My favs

Phantom of The Opera
The Lion King
Mary Poppins
Chicago
Mamma Mia

Also, Shrek was hilarious and more aimed at adults than kids.

I was in London recently and gutted to see that Aladdin ended the day I arrived.

I have heard Matilda is good? Has anyone seen it?
I saw Matilda recently on the tour and wasn't a fan 🙈 I love the songs but the story was nothing like the book/film :(

Is Mary Poppins good? Looking to get my friend tickets to see it for her birthday.

Les Mis is my favourite west end show I’ve ever seen, nothing really comes close to this spectacular show!! I left the theatre just dumbstruck at how powerful and moving the whole thing was.

I adored Phantom, Lion King, Wicked and Billy Elliot! Haven’t had a chance to see Hamilton yet but it’s on my wish list!

Not a musical but I must say Woman In Black is one of the best pieces of theatre I’ve seen! Terrifying.

Reactions: 3
My favourite has to be Wicked. Was very lucky to see Cats on Broadway and cried 😂 although a couple next to me left during the interval as they couldn’t stand it.

Saw 9 to 5 on Thursday and it’s hilarious. Bonnie Langford is amazing and has some serious moves.

Going to see Book of Mormon for my brothers birthday and Prince of Egypt next June. Some people spend money on drugs and alcohol, I spend mine on theatre trips!

Reactions: 2
Just seen Lion King and it is by far and away the best thing I’ve ever seen. I nearly cried at the opening Circle of Life. The costumes, the music, it was incredible.

Other favourites include Dreamgirls (the most unreal vocals), Aladdin, Motown and Beautiful (Carole King the Musical - I didn’t expect much but it was brilliant). The Rat Pack Musical was also really good for what it was - no flashy production but really well done.

I was underwhelmed by Chicago and Wicked. They’re hyped up too much. I’ve never seen Les Mis or Cats, not my cup of tea. 9 to 5 was OK but a full Dolly Parton musical with more of her songs would have been better!

Next on my list is Tina and Pretty Woman when it comes out.

Les Mis is my favourite west end show I’ve ever seen, nothing really comes close to this spectacular show!! I left the theatre just dumbstruck at how powerful and moving the whole thing was.

I adored Phantom, Lion King, Wicked and Billy Elliot! Haven’t had a chance to see Hamilton yet but it’s on my wish list!

Not a musical but I must say Woman In Black is one of the best pieces of theatre I’ve seen! Terrifying.

Oh yeah we saw The Woman in Black with school, I agree it's scary!!

Gotta love Grease, I have tickets to the Lion King for January can't wait!

I did like Wicked, nearly cried when she did Defying Gravity she really belted it out and I felt it!

Was not a fan of Blood Brothers did not stay with me can't remember any of it.

I saw Carrie Hope Fletcher in Addams family, she was amazing, loved the show too. Wish I'd went to see Heathers when in London 😔.

Wasn't a fan of Phantom, would love to see Les Mis one day, it was sold out fast last time it came to town!

My favourite has to be Wicked. Was very lucky to see Cats on Broadway and cried 😂 although a couple next to me left during the interval as they couldn’t stand it.

Saw 9 to 5 on Thursday and it’s hilarious. Bonnie Langford is amazing and has some serious moves.

Going to see Book of Mormon for my brothers birthday and Prince of Egypt next June. Some people spend money on drugs and alcohol, I spend mine on theatre trips!
Book of Mormon is great I had to get tickets from a tout a few years ago as the tickets were so in demand.

My favourite is wicked just for the songs, but I know people that hated it. Cursed child too but that’s not really musical theatre but if you love Harry Potter it’s a must.

Didn’t like thriller personally.

9 to 5 and kinky boots were both great.

Saw the bodyguard but Alexandra Burke was the lead and the person playing her sister had a much better voice (imo)

If you love the shows you should go to west end live, it’s a free two day event in Trafalgar Square each year where the shows all perform

I say that too about the drugs an alcohol 😂

Oh yeah we saw The Woman in Black with school, I agree it's scary!!

Gotta love Grease, I have tickets to the Lion King for January can't wait!

I did like Wicked, nearly cried when she did Defying Gravity she really belted it out and I felt it!

Was not a fan of Blood Brothers did not stay with me can't remember any of it.

I saw Carrie Hope Fletcher in Addams family, she was amazing, loved the show too. Wish I'd went to see Heathers when in London 😔.

Wasn't a fan of Phantom, would love to see Les Mis one day, it was sold out fast last time it came to town!
I'm another one who wishes I got to see Carrie in Heather's. I adore the 'I say no' song, it's constantly played on Encore radio at the moment which I love!
Carrie was amazing in the Addams family.

I really liked Matilda - i went with my daughter and we thought it was great! School of Rock is one of my faves too, along with Wicked.
Ive seen Rocky Horror 3 times and Fame 4 times lol.
Wasnt that keen on Motown and didn't like Annie much either!
Trying to think what else ive seen!
Oliver (years back - was amazing!)
Carousel
Return to the forbidden planet
Annie
Wicked
Miss Saigon (boring!)
Blood Brothers (AMAZING!)
Grease (Ok)
School of Rock
Fame
Rocky Horror
Buddy Holly
Jersey Boys (AMAZING!)
The Bodyguard
Rock of Ages
Motown
We will rock you

im sure theres more! lol

I LOVED woman in black - its still on my list to take my hubby!! My daughter is almost 9 and loves a musical too and now shes at an age where she can appreciate it a bit more - theres lots i want to take her to see! :)

I’m seeing Woman in Black in November, at least it won’t look so odd wearing a scarf and using it to hide behind!

Reactions: 3
I’m seeing Woman in Black in November, at least it won’t look so odd wearing a scarf and using it to hide behind!
I hope you enjoy it! I thought it was just super what they do with the set and such a small cast. The atmosphere is chilling.

Yes I love musicals! Will try and think of what I’ve seen - Starlight Express (fabulous, they need to bring that back), Cats (not a fan), Joseph (with Philip Schofield, then Lee Mead years later), 42nd Street, Aspects of Love, Time, Phantom, Miss Saigon, Buddy, Les Mis (hated it!), Five guys named moe (fun!), Barnum (with Michael Crawford!), Wicked, We will rock you, Grease, Flashdance, Rocky Horror, Jersey Boys....and my two absolute favourites which are Mamma Mia (an ABBA fan of over 40 years - seen the show 5 times) and Blood Brothers which I must have seen about 4 times and going again next year. It’s phenomenal, you really must see it if you get the chance. I 😭 every time!

I hope you enjoy it! I thought it was just super what they do with the set and such a small cast. The atmosphere is chilling.
I saw it years ago with school and remember being so scared!

I saw Bat out of hell the musical which, if you’re a Meatloaf fan like I am, is a must and I really hope they bring it back

Reactions: 2

I saw Bat out of hell the musical which, if you’re a Meatloaf fan like I am, is a must and I really hope they bring it back

😂 Same here! Went as part of a gcse drama trip!

Oh I forgot Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Metropolis (which I don’t think lasted long!)

I really wanted to see that! I love Meatloaf - its just the money!!!! id see everything if i could afford it! lol

Love theatre

Saw les mis staged concert 2 weeks ago which was amazing. Seen the show too.

Seen:
Grease
Phantom x2
Blood brothers x2
Cursed child
Matilda
Les Mis
Everybody’s talking about Jamie x2
Waitress
Dirty dancing
Anastasia 😍
Dear Evan Hansen

The newest show that people people NEED to see is dear Evan Hansen. Saw it in Feb on broadway and I’ve had it on repeat since. It’s the best thing I’ve ever seen! Got it booked for London.

Waitress is excellent too.

Going to see come from away in just over a week!