Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hrh89

VIP Member
I saw it years ago with school and remember being so scared!

I saw Bat out of hell the musical which, if you’re a Meatloaf fan like I am, is a must and I really hope they bring it back

😂 Same here! Went as part of a gcse drama trip!

Reactions: 1

Marcel

Hamilton is by far the best musical theatre I have seen - can’t put into words how amazing it is!

• Heart

GiggleBee

VIP Member
My favourite has to be Wicked. Was very lucky to see Cats on Broadway and cried 😂 although a couple next to me left during the interval as they couldn’t stand it.

Saw 9 to 5 on Thursday and it’s hilarious. Bonnie Langford is amazing and has some serious moves.

Going to see Book of Mormon for my brothers birthday and Prince of Egypt next June. Some people spend money on drugs and alcohol, I spend mine on theatre trips!
I say that too about the drugs an alcohol 😂

Oh yeah we saw The Woman in Black with school, I agree it's scary!!

Gotta love Grease, I have tickets to the Lion King for January can't wait!

I did like Wicked, nearly cried when she did Defying Gravity she really belted it out and I felt it!

Was not a fan of Blood Brothers did not stay with me can't remember any of it.

I saw Carrie Hope Fletcher in Addams family, she was amazing, loved the show too. Wish I'd went to see Heathers when in London 😔.

Wasn't a fan of Phantom, would love to see Les Mis one day, it was sold out fast last time it came to town!
I'm another one who wishes I got to see Carrie in Heather's. I adore the 'I say no' song, it's constantly played on Encore radio at the moment which I love!
Carrie was amazing in the Addams family.

bubbletea123

VIP Member
I love musicals. I went to a Saturday theater school as a kid and got really into them. I was in the kids choir for Joseph and it was before Lee Mead was on that Joseph show and he was the Pharaoh .

My favs

Phantom of The Opera
The Lion King
Mary Poppins
Chicago
Mamma Mia

Also, Shrek was hilarious and more aimed at adults than kids.

I was in London recently and gutted to see that Aladdin ended the day I arrived.

I have heard Matilda is good? Has anyone seen it?

Calabria

VIP Member
Has anyone seen Six? Planning on booking tickets for next year when it is near to us would love a few honest reviews.
It was incredible! Saw it in the West End in September (managed to bag tickets for £18 each) and then booked to see the tour as well

• Heart

Rose91

Chatty Member
The very first one I saw was West Side Story - loved it
I also enjoyed Miss Saigon
I'd really like to see Hamilton and Book of Mormon
Book of Mormon is hilarious. I not so subtly hinted to my mum I’d like tickets for Waitress for my Christmas present 😬

BoCs2019

OH my i went to see Waitress last night!!! IN LOVE!!

Joe Sugg actually exceeded my expectations! He was great!! we didn't see Lucie Jones, but Olivia Moore was sensational!!! :love:

Gingercream

VIP Member
I’ve just seen sister act is coming to the west end next summer with whoopee goldberg- I have to see it!!

hrh89

VIP Member
Has anyone seen Everybody’s Talking About Jamie?? Just watching the documentary that inspired the show and really want to see the show now! Didn’t realise they were making a movie too

befbef101

Has anyone seen Everybody’s Talking About Jamie?? Just watching the documentary that inspired the show and really want to see the show now! Didn’t realise they were making a movie too
I want to see this too! Its coming to our local theatre with Layton Williams in so ive been hinting alot for tickets for Christmas
Seen it twice in London. Went to see it for Michelle Visage and then Bianca Del Rio roles. Both times excellent with different people as main role of Jamie. Neither were lead actors if I remember rightly. Hopefully seeing Layton when it tours!

Six is defo top of my faves list atm!
Wicked - I saw for the first time ever, after many years, in January, it was incredible!
Hamilton- i have no words for that show. Amazing doesn’t cover it.
Aladdin was amazing and Waitress!
I really want to see Six, Les Mis, Lion King, ETAJ, Beetlejuice (if it ever comes to the westend!) and Come From Away☺
Prices are a joke for some of them though, on the cast change day of Wicked, i looked at seats and an hour later they’d doubled in price 🤷🏼‍♀️ As a student some shows are just out of bounds because of prices atm!
Saw come from away last month and was blown away at how incredible it was. Was in tears the whole time! Got a ticket for £45 which for the seat quality in stalls I thought was excellent but there are cheaper available too 😊

Tide'sout

Reviving this thread as came to see if anyone had seen six as going to London next week so think I’ll book tickets for it. I wanted to go see wicked but I don’t really want to go back to my apartment alone late when it finishes at least six starts at 5:30pm so I’ll get back before it’s too late
Seen it twice. Booked it for when we went to London as a family. DD1 loved it so much she decided to go again as her14th birthday treat with friends. It is more like a concert, not much in the way of acting or stage sets. Think Tudor Spice Girls. The girls' costumes are fabulous and it does bring the stories of Henry VIII wives to life. A fairly short running time, with no interval. I love all the songs and would have no hesitation seeing it again.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I bought my husband tickets for sister act for his birthday - I’m in to it more than he is but he’s looking forward to a day out!
Ooh, I’m going to see that next year, really looking forward to seeing Whoopi Goldberg and Jennifer Saunders in Sister Act.

GiggleBee

VIP Member
I want to see this too! Its coming to our local theatre with Layton Williams in so ive been hinting alot for tickets for Christmas

Youtubegossip

VIP Member
Love Book of Mormon! Dying to see it again and take my bf as I think he'd really enjoy it

Have also seen Phantom of the Opera, Lion King & Blood Brothers in the West End

Really want to go see Everybody's Talking About Jamie - anybody seen it? Worth getting tickets?
Jamie is very good. Think they are going on tour soon so you may get a ticket nearer to home if you aren’t close to London.

it’s also getting released as a movie next year they filmed it this summer

SavvyBee

VIP Member
Just seen Lion King and it is by far and away the best thing I’ve ever seen. I nearly cried at the opening Circle of Life. The costumes, the music, it was incredible.

Other favourites include Dreamgirls (the most unreal vocals), Aladdin, Motown and Beautiful (Carole King the Musical - I didn’t expect much but it was brilliant). The Rat Pack Musical was also really good for what it was - no flashy production but really well done.

I was underwhelmed by Chicago and Wicked. They’re hyped up too much. I’ve never seen Les Mis or Cats, not my cup of tea. 9 to 5 was OK but a full Dolly Parton musical with more of her songs would have been better!

Next on my list is Tina and Pretty Woman when it comes out.

newtoyou

VIP Member
I got tickets to Sister Act - dont even know if it's had good reviews, just saw Whoopi was doing it and booked!

I'd quite like to see Les Mis - love the film and the BBC show