Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

befbef101

I ❤ musical theatre, I probably average about one a month so i won't list everything I've seen 😂

I've got tickets for Moulin Rouge on Broadway in December which I'm VERY excited about.

I keep trying to persuade friends to go with me to see come from away but noone will. Want to see out even more after reading this thread
I went on my own to see it last month as no one would see it with me! I actually enjoyed seeing it on my own so much I’ve booked to see dear Evan Hansen on my own in December before seeing it again in April with my friend (I’m obsessed with it after seeing it on broadway and couldn’t wait that long!! 😂)

Dannie

Chatty Member
I have seen Dirty Dancing, Officer and a gentleman and Bodyguard. The one I want to see is Lion King. It’s touring now but I have a expensive few months coming up so can’t justify it. Maybe next time it tours x

Kthxbye

Chatty Member
The very first one I saw was West Side Story - loved it
I also enjoyed Miss Saigon
I'd really like to see Hamilton and Book of Mormon

Youtubegossip

VIP Member
Sorry, I shouldve said the *same* songs. New songs were written for the musical , but there are none from the film. The new ones are written by Alan Menken though so should be good
Yeah. Sorry that’s what I meant. The songs from the movies are the classics surely?

Youtubegossip

VIP Member
My favourite has to be Wicked. Was very lucky to see Cats on Broadway and cried 😂 although a couple next to me left during the interval as they couldn’t stand it.

Saw 9 to 5 on Thursday and it’s hilarious. Bonnie Langford is amazing and has some serious moves.

Going to see Book of Mormon for my brothers birthday and Prince of Egypt next June. Some people spend money on drugs and alcohol, I spend mine on theatre trips!
Book of Mormon is great I had to get tickets from a tout a few years ago as the tickets were so in demand.

My favourite is wicked just for the songs, but I know people that hated it. Cursed child too but that’s not really musical theatre but if you love Harry Potter it’s a must.

Didn’t like thriller personally.

9 to 5 and kinky boots were both great.

Saw the bodyguard but Alexandra Burke was the lead and the person playing her sister had a much better voice (imo)

If you love the shows you should go to west end live, it’s a free two day event in Trafalgar Square each year where the shows all perform

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
Yes it is very good, although I haven't seen the current cast. Sit up front in the stalls if you can. As you say it is short / finishes early.

I had a look on the special offers sites I use but Six is not there I'm afraid, sorry. If you do decide to see other shows loads of them are on offer for "London Theatre Week" at the moment (need to book in the next day or two before the offer closes, it was extended already, but you can book for the next few weeks if the show is in the offer). Google London Theatre Week or just go to todaytix.
I booked already 😄 I checked anyway and the price wasn’t any difference but thank you! I booked second row from the front but the furtherest seat to the side as it was the furtherest forward

Mercedes12

VIP Member
Love Book of Mormon! Dying to see it again and take my bf as I think he'd really enjoy it

Have also seen Phantom of the Opera, Lion King & Blood Brothers in the West End

Really want to go see Everybody's Talking About Jamie - anybody seen it? Worth getting tickets?

GiggleBee

VIP Member
I dont know a whole lot about come from away but I adore the 'me and the sky' song. Rachel Tucker is a power house! Blew me away when I saw her as Elphaba in Wicked

Monkeybum

VIP Member
I ❤ musical theatre, I probably average about one a month so i won't list everything I've seen 😂

I've got tickets for Moulin Rouge on Broadway in December which I'm VERY excited about.

I keep trying to persuade friends to go with me to see come from away but noone will. Want to see out even more after reading this thread

Calabria

VIP Member
Wicked is my all time favourite - for good gets me every single time.
Jersey boys - love it

Is book of mormon good - it's coming to Liverpool and I would love to see it
Book of Mormon is hilarious and I really want to go and see it again but it is pretty rude/crude in parts. It’s very clever though and the songs are catchy as anything!

GiggleBee

VIP Member
I feel like I've started this thread before but can't find it 🙈
Anyone else into musicals? I adore them and see atleast 2 shows a year if not more.

My top 5 shows would have to be:

Wicked - the songs are so powerful and I think it's so clever on how it connects to the Wizard of Oz.

Kinky boots - the message that comes with this show is so important.

Priscilla Queen of the Desert - This show is hilarious, with a fab 80s soundtrack and a beautiful story, you couldn't ask for more.

Chitty Chitty bang bang - one of the first shows I saw (bar Joseph, which I'm sure is everyone's first show 😂) just made me fall in love with musical theatre.

Mamma Mia - it's mine and my Mum's musical. The film is our go to film and we now try to see the musical whenever it comes round.