Mushroom Poisoning in Australia

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Latest, Erin wants her case heard locally instead of in Melbourne which will push her hearing back until possibly the end of the year.
Meanwhile she's still in jail (Dame Phyllis Frost for women.)

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Latest, Erin wants her case heard locally instead of in Melbourne which will push her hearing back until possibly the end of the year.
Meanwhile she's still in jail (Dame Phyllis Frost for women.)
Is the court system the same as the UK?
Is so, won't the magistrates court refer the case to the Crown court?
(or whatever the next court is called - District court?)

Reactions: 2
Is the court system the same as the UK?
Is so, won't the magistrates court refer the case to the Crown court?
(or whatever the next court is called - District court?)
I'm not sure, tbh! What I gathered was the case may be referred to Supreme Court, bypassing the local courts. I'm sorry I can't be of more help, I'm not really au fait with the court system and how things work.

I don't know why she wants to be tried locally, Melbourne is less than 2 hours from where she is now.

Reactions: 3
I'm not sure, tbh! What I gathered was the case may be referred to Supreme Court, bypassing the local courts. I'm sorry I can't be of more help, I'm not really au fait with the court system and how things work.

I don't know why she wants to be tried locally, Melbourne is less than 2 hours from where she is now.
I could see her opting for the magistrate court if she was pleading guilty to some lesser charge and had done a deal.
But I cant see the police agreeing to that if they are charging her with murder.
Oh well...

Reactions: 2
If she was still going to plead not guilty, why not go with the faster process. Doesn't make sense.

Reactions: 3