Mushroom Poisoning in Australia

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing is if husband was supposed to be at the fatal meal then backed out last minute, she had time to change food plan and not murder the poor elderly in-laws but she went ahead so it wasn’t just the husband she was out to get.

Reactions: 18
The thing is if husband was supposed to be at the fatal meal then backed out last minute, she had time to change food plan and not murder the poor elderly in-laws but she went ahead so it wasn’t just the husband she was out to get.
Maybe she did it as a "f*** you" to the ex after he pulled out? Maybe she would have only poisoned him if he'd shown ("oh, poor thing. His stomach, you know") but he pulled out and she went "well, I'll hurt you this way instead!"

Just speculating. You have to wonder what on earth she was thinking though.

Reactions: 10
Maybe she did it as a "f*** you" to the ex after he pulled out? Maybe she would have only poisoned him if he'd shown ("oh, poor thing. His stomach, you know") but he pulled out and she went "well, I'll hurt you this way instead!"

Just speculating. You have to wonder what on earth she was thinking though.
How could she possibly think she would get away with it!
was it confirmed if the children were not present and just ate some leftovers in fridge minus mushrooms ?
Thats a big risk too what if they accidentally ate some of the poison and died also, she would be responsible for murdering them and I am sure she didnt want that to happen.

Reactions: 5
Im
How could she possibly think she would get away with it!
was it confirmed if the children were not present and just ate some leftovers in fridge minus mushrooms ?
Thats a big risk too what if they accidentally ate some of the poison and died also, she would be responsible for murdering them and I am sure she didnt want that to happen.
I'm of the opinion that she used them as a garnish and not in the actual meal itself. That way she and the kids could eat it perfectly fine but others would fall sick. Why else go to all the trouble of dehydrating them if not to crush them up into a power to sprinkle on top?

Reactions: 13
I think I read that she made them into a paste and spread it on the top (but I can’t find it now). Then she said the next day she scraped the top off because her children ‘don’t like mushrooms’.

Reactions: 5
I think I read that she made them into a paste and spread it on the top (but I can’t find it now). Then she said the next day she scraped the top off because her children ‘don’t like mushrooms’.
I've heard the bit about her scraping them off but I'm sceptical. If the mushroom is that deadly, I wouldn't want a trace on anything I was planning to feed my kids though!

Reactions: 15
I've heard the bit about her scraping them off but I'm sceptical. If the mushroom is that deadly, I wouldn't want a trace on anything I was planning to feed my kids though!
Yes me too!

Wonder if she made two and one was safe.

Reactions: 9
Especially a beef Wellington where you put the mushroom paste all around the beef then wrap it in pastry. It would have been impossible to scrape all of it off and it would have melted down & seeped into the beef during cooking. A second safe one is a likely theory I think

Reactions: 14
Could she have made one like she said but instead of mixing the mushrooms together she made one with safe Button mushrooms and one with the toxic mushrooms.

Reactions: 4
In the Herald Sun today, a catch up and timeline of what's gone on in the past 8 or so months.
Apparently a brief of evidence is being served in court this Monday (25/3), in short the police have collated all the witness statements and evidence they need.

• Wow
Reactions: 23
Thought this case had gone very quiet indeed
No doubt it will take a few more months as the prosecution will have to present everything they have to the defence team and so on. I'll keep up and post as soon as I see relevant news articles.
I'd like to try to sit in court one day of the trial if all OAPs and Looky-Loos don't take up all the seats.

Reactions: 15
No new updates but there is an ABC podcast starting soon. There's another one but it's behind a paywall and I'm a pov.
1712027184619.png

I read somewhere online a couple of days ago saying they are interested in her facebook accounts because she would create an account then deactivate and create another, think she had 5 or 6 different accounts.

• Wow